Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Its almost Christmas....

29 comments in this topic

[GS]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,794 posts
13,924 battles

moneh.png

• Funny 1

[-CAT-]
2,519 posts
11,629 battles

I still know what they did last summer winter.

fisherman.thumb.jpg.4f0220cd740cfa57befde9791c119681.jpg

We never forgive and we never forget.

WWE.gif.5f0403436a97bc7b869e3cfe052b9566.gif

• Funny 1

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,060 battles

WG and Christmas.

Player base get ready to open your wallets and say "Help yourself"

WG: "Ok thanks. Don't mind if I do". :Smile_coin:

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,759 posts
5,809 battles
2 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

WG and Christmas.

Player base get ready to open your wallets and say "Help yourself"

WG: "Ok thanks. Don't mind if I do". :Smile_coin:

Lets make its worst-than-Puerto-Rico-Farming-Event! This would appease the fans!

[-CAT-]
2,519 posts
11,629 battles
39 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Lets make its worst-than-Puerto-Rico-Farming-Event! This would appease the fans!

And kick out unwanted personnel in the process as a bonus. :Smile_trollface:

[151ST]
2,643 posts
10,486 battles

Lol... Love em folks!

I doubt I'll pick up many this year, WG demonstrated last year that they were set on reducing drop rates of ships and number of signals/camos from crates.

There aren't many ships I don't have that I want, there definitely aren't any I need and those I do kinda want I probs won't play much anyways... lol

• Cool 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,644 posts
7,803 battles

I probably wont buy any this year but will still do my Christmas crate event so hopefully they have some good content.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
4,926 posts
11,043 battles

How about the Halloween Terror under deep?

[ANZAF]
507 posts
6,714 battles

This Xmas my WG spend is going to a worthy cause, NotWG.

Just feels like this year has been even more of a massive cash grab than normal by WG. Maybe new spreadsheet lords?

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,549 posts
20,043 battles
17 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

778162680.jpeg

FTFY

whale_fix.jpg

• Funny 2

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,402 posts
5,044 battles

I spent over 250 on wows last xmas crates, and got 3 really bad low tier ships I still ahvent played yet, coz I dont play those low tiers.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,759 posts
5,809 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

FTFY

whale_fix.jpg

DEMN YOU ALL WHALES!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

[-CAT-]
2,519 posts
11,629 battles
4 hours ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

I hope this xmas is as good as the WoT one.

They actually do great xmas sales.

There are some very good changes WoT has implemented that WoWs could learn. And vice versa.

WoT (to me) really just lacks player QoL.

They can not view more than 2 rows of tanks instead of 4 rows that WoWs has.
Players can not change the garage unlike WoWs's ports. Garage will only change to match the trend or theme.
And there is no co-op. (For players who can not handle randoms randomness and toxicity.) Just to name a few.

WoT now has dog tags. (Kind of like WoWs patches.)
WoT also allows you to put decals. (Kind of like WoWs flags.)
Not to mention, WoT also have simplified the tech tree for easier progression. (Just like T1 to T4 in WoWs.)
WoT improved ways to earn bonds. (WoWs should just copy this concept for the RB rather than the Call of Duty version.)

[LU-NA]
98 posts
3,439 battles
23 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Lol... Love em folks!

I doubt I'll pick up many this year, WG demonstrated last year that they were set on reducing drop rates of ships and number of signals/camos from crates.

There aren't many ships I don't have that I want, there definitely aren't any I need and those I do kinda want I probs won't play much anyways... lol

How much was the drop rate for ship last year? 3%?

[ANZAF]
507 posts
6,714 battles
17 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

WoT now has dog tags. (Kind of like WoWs patches.)
WoT also allows you to put decals. (Kind of like WoWs flags.)
Not to mention, WoT also have simplified the tech tree for easier progression. (Just like T1 to T4 in WoWs.)
WoT improved ways to earn bonds. (WoWs should just copy this concept for the RB rather than the Call of Duty version.)

I'm not sure that there are a lot of people who think that the changes to earning bonds is an improvement. 

Taking away a means to earn them from tiers four and upwards and making them exclusively available to tier 10 removes them from a lot of the player base. Granted if you are a reasonable player you can earn more bonds, but they are worth a lot less (see below). 

The Battle Pass system (similar to the recent ship building events) is reasonable - you don't need to spend real money to get to the bond earning phase unlike ships.

The main issue is the huge deflation of the value of the bonds. The advantage of the equipment you can buy is now largely obsolete with the new equipment system. The tanks you can buy with the bonds in the shop are similar to tech tree tanks. The real desirable ones are only available to purchase in an auction after you have played 5 battles in a CW season and the price inflation there is insane. I bought one 2 seasons ago for 18k bonds (min winning bid was 14k). Last season the minimum bid was 32k. This season people have missed out bidding 47k bonds.

WG's latest patch addresses the issue of in game currency buildup by changing equipment (forcing you to spend silver credits to buy a limited number of demount kits, then gold after that, introducing a large number of new pieces of equipment at higher prices than previously), and by incentivising tier 10 play which for average players on standard accounts is pretty well cost prohibitive.  

Unlike WoWS flags, the WoT decals are purely decorative and give no ingame advantages. They suggested giving them different bonuses (maybe 5 years ago) but the playerbase went beserk about pay to win, its still known as the Rubicon moment. 

And while they simplified the tech tree, they totally revamped the equipment system, making it way more complex, screwed the in game communication system (you can no longer say affirmative or negative) and are about to introduce a new and much more complex crew skill system. The learning curve is much much steeper and higher than it ever was before.

Edited by Puggsley

[151ST]
2,643 posts
10,486 battles
1 hour ago, Arzach said:

Not sure, higher than that on huge ones, maybe 15%?

Years gone by they were better.

WoT drop rate last year was nuts, even if it was for duplicate lower tier ones, I ended up with something like 90k gold because I was lucky with a stack of the T8 exclusives and it just added up.

53 minutes ago, Puggsley said:

I'm not sure that there are a lot of people who think that the changes to earning bonds is an improvement. 

Taking away a means to earn them from tiers four and upwards and making them exclusively available to tier 10 removes them from a lot of the player base. Granted if you are a reasonable player you can earn more bonds, but they are worth a lot less (see below). 

The Battle Pass system (similar to the recent ship building events) is reasonable - you don't need to spend real money to get to the bond earning phase unlike ships.

The main issue is the huge deflation of the value of the bonds. The advantage of the equipment you can buy is now largely obsolete with the new equipment system. The tanks you can buy with the bonds in the shop are similar to tech tree tanks. The real desirable ones are only available to purchase in an auction after you have played 5 battles in a CW season and the price inflation there is insane. I bought one 2 seasons ago for 18k bonds (min winning bid was 14k). Last season the minimum bid was 32k. This season people have missed out bidding 47k bonds.

WG's latest patch addresses the issue of in game currency buildup by changing equipment (forcing you to spend silver credits to buy a limited number of demount kits, then gold after that, introducing a large number of new pieces of equipment at higher prices than previously), and by incentivising tier 10 play which for average players on standard accounts is pretty well cost prohibitive.  

Unlike WoWS flags, the WoT decals are purely decorative and give no ingame advantages. They suggested giving them different bonuses (maybe 5 years ago) but the playerbase went beserk about pay to win, its still known as the Rubicon moment. 

And while they simplified the tech tree, they totally revamped the equipment system, making it way more complex, screwed the in game communication system (you can no longer say affirmative or negative) and are about to introduce a new and much more complex crew skill system. The learning curve is much much steeper and higher than it ever was before.

Bonds and bond equipment is one of my major gripes and why I stopped.

BS tanks that don't have fundamental design weaknesses that all others have is another (e.g. cuppola or view port) or just absurd guns is another

Do you see any similarities with Krem? Smolensk? Stalingrad/Moskva? Petro? Slava?

I don't mind 'different' and fresh but you can achieve a lot of those things without going into bs territory.

Drake is a good example, Goliath and Petro are poor ones...

Drake could use maybe 1-2s better rudder shift or engine accel/deccel and she would be fighting for strongest in tier albeit not in DPM, as is she's my fave T9 CA and arguably one of the best if played well.

Edited by S4pp3R

[-CAT-]
2,519 posts
11,629 battles
On 8/11/2020 at 8:30 AM, Puggsley said:

Oh my.

I didn't know those.

My fault for stopping to play too early and didn't continue on.

And I thought it was an improvement. :Smile_sad:

Apologies if I made a wrong impression that WoT is now much better than WoWs. My bad on not doing enough research.

But I think some of the mechanics can actually work in WoWs.

You mentioned that previously players can earn bonds at T4 right?

Why not make the concept work in WoWs, but from T5 to T10 or T8 to T10. Since WoWs team has fixed the issue of low tier play (T1 to T5). They added co-op bots in radom to fill in missing slots.

Just a rough draft of the idea:

WoT Mechanic:

^T5 - Top 3 winning team will get 1 RP. Losing team gets none.
^T6 - Top 3 winning ream will get 2 RP. Losing team gets none.
^T7 - Top 3 winning team will get 3 RP. Top 3 loosing team will get 1 RP.

^T8 - Top 3 winning team will get 5 RP. Top 4 - top 8 winning team will get 3 RP.
      - Top 3 losing team will get 3 RP. Top 4 - top 8 losing team will get 1 RP.
*T9 - Top 3 winning team will get 8 RP. Top 4 - top 8 winning team will get 5 RP.
      - Top 3 losing team will get 5 RP. Top 4 - top 8 losing team will get 3 RP.
*T10 - Top 3 winning team will get 10 RP. Top 4 - top 8 winning team will get 8 RP.
        - Top 3 losing team will get 8 RP. Top 4 - top 8 losing team will get 5 RP.

* Optional / Occational. If WG wants make players to play mid-tier more.
^ T5 - T8 will occationally give double bonus.

Elite Ship XP:

Use elite ship XP and convert them to RP.

^T5 - 10,000 elite ship XP for 1 RP
^T6 - 20,000 elite ship XP for 1 RP
^T7 - 30,000 elite ship XP for 1 RP
^T8 - 50,000 elite ship XP for 1 RP
*T9 - 80,000 elite ship XP for 1 RP
*T10 - 100,000 elite ship XP for 1 RP

This idea was a collaboration with @Paladinum. Using mechanics from Diablo 2 and Diablo 3

The "Diablo 2" mechanic:
The rental feature is already available in Clan and Ranked battle. [Ship Name]
Any XP earned by that ship can be converted (at a very stingy exchange rate of course). It also eliminated FXP usage.

Just a sample:
^T5: Season 1 = Steel                    Season 2 = Doubloons            Season 3 = Coal
^T6: Season 1 = Credits                Season 2 = Coal                       Season 3 = Steel           
^T7: Season 1 = Coal                     Season 2 = FXP                        Season 3 = Doubloons
^T8: Season 1 = Doubloons          Season 2 = Steel                      Season 3 = Commander XP
*T9: Season 1 = Commander XP Season 2 = Credits                  Season 3 = FXP
*T10: Season 1 = FXP                    Season 2 = Commander XP  Season 3 = Credits

After the season, ships rental expires.
Wait till next season.
Rewards are flexible and unpredictable per season. (Unless WG announce.)

The "Diabol 3" mechanic:
Its a hybrid of both snowflake and signal flag.
On the port, select the credits, then choose which "currency" the player wants to
After choosing the desired "currency", there will be an icon. Hence the snowflake mechanic.
The player will have to do 1 thing, Win the battle. (Only redeemable at Random, Ranked, Clan battles.)
If the player wins, the player gets the reward. If the player loses, no reward. Hence the flag mechanic

If the player plays it in Co-op, the player will get a fraction of the reward (1/4 compared to Random. Which is not a very good return in terms of investment)

I know there might be some or a lot of consequences. Like bots (automated script player) will take advantage of this [Which they are in the current RB form]. But if it is better than the Call of Duty "regrind" mechanic. I am up for the change.

Also I'm open to ideas on changeing the Rubbish Burnheap mechanic rathern than the in-efficient regrind. WG knows it's not working. They are giving away RP for grinds just shows how unpopular the Rubbish Burnheap mechanic is.

They sell your ships at half the price. They reset the line from tier 1, but earns rubbish points at T5. You can only collect the rubbish points once, but you still have to finish regrinding to open the next tier. In-efficient.
Unless the player has a mountain of FXP and Doubloons, no ordinary player can do this (Only bots can play like 7 - 11 :Smile_trollface:).
It's just a shady mechanic to make FXP players spend their FXP, IMO.

Sorry if the read / idea is too long.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,402 posts
5,044 battles

WoT xmas events are brilliant.

You collect xmas decorations and build your base, gaining xp, credit etc rewards as you progress, and you ultimately get one time camos as rewards for different collections.

The xmas loot boxes are great too, not many people miss out if they spend 200-300$.

Every year I've gotten all the premium tanks out of the loot boxes, but WoWS is the polar opposite.

And in WoT for last several xmas events they have released a new tier 8 premium tank, so that helps boost loot box sales.

Spend 200-300$ in WoWS loot boxes get a tier 5 Exeter. LOL!.

You also get the decorations early, so you activate your credit and xp bonuses early, and you walk away with lots of gold, premium account time, credits etc, (in WoT).

200$ is well worth spending in WoT at xmas time if you plan on playing another year.

[4RSE]
318 posts
7,830 battles
8 hours ago, Arzach said:

I guess we all got different results. I bought a pack of 40 mega crates and got 8 ships. I did it again (because whale - bite me) and got another 7 ships.

[LU-NA]
98 posts
3,439 battles
21 hours ago, lunsmann said:

I guess we all got different results. I bought a pack of 40 mega crates and got 8 ships. I did it again (because whale - bite me) and got another 7 ships.

Wow. I bought several big and got no ship. Guess the luck is only on the mega ones. Not to mention the small crates... 

Sign in to follow this