Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Helena

How good is Alsace?

10 comments in this topic

80 posts
341 battles

I've got Richelieu, and I find her good on Ranked. But how does Alsace fare when compared with the other tier 9 BB?

[CLAY]
2,840 posts
12,654 battles

She used to be very good before a nerf or two, I forget what was nerfed. I think she's still ok?

[FORCE]
2,451 posts
12,288 battles

Hold up.... You've got Richelieu with just 206 battles, how?

Well I don't have Alsace, but I think she's just meh other than for HE spamming.

I think you're grinding way too fast

80 posts
341 battles
2 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Hold up.... You've got Richelieu with just 206 battles, how?

Well I don't have Alsace, but I think she's just meh other than for HE spamming.

I think you're grinding way too fast

Right, my bad. I used to play on EU because I was closer to EU thanks to my brief stay in London. But after I returned home, the ping issues prevent me from playing my EU account. So I made a new account here & use the referral bonus from a buddy which gave me enough free exp to skip up my grind through Normandie.

80 posts
341 battles
12 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

She used to be very good before a nerf or two, I forget what was nerfed. I think she's still ok?

I see. I guess I will try to see how the others do with her.

[FORCE]
2,451 posts
12,288 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

Right, my bad. I used to play on EU because I was closer to EU thanks to my brief stay in London. But after I returned home, the ping issues prevent me from playing my EU account. So I made a new account here & use the referral bonus from a buddy which gave me enough free exp to skip up my grind through Normandie.

Oh that actually makes sense then. I thought you bought your way up, but yeah I don't see a premium ship in your stats. Only bunch of baguettes, and a bit of vodka.

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,050 battles

It has been a while since I was grinding through to get repub but I don't have any bad memories of playing her.

Decent armour and a fairly reliable turtle back. I say fairly relaible as it is only 50mm from memory.

Guns are ok. 15" are a bit uninspiring, but that is more to do with game mechanics and overmatch than an outright flaw with the ship. All the other 15" guns ships at T8, 9 and 10 suffer equally.

I really enjoyed the ship. Might have to go and play some games now to refresh my memory.

• Cool 1

[NCOTS]
446 posts
11,075 battles

Just finished my Alsace grind, its a very enjoyable grind as she has a different playstyle than the other T9 BBs. 

29 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I forget what was nerfed

Reload to 32 seconds, sigma to 1.6

33 minutes ago, Admiral_Helena said:

compared with the other tier 9 BB

Other T9 BBs except for Lion are more on the tanking and finding broadside playstyle, so it's a bit more static. However Alsace with her speed and speed boost are more towards the playstyle of Georgia, flanking or burst through a collapsed enemy flank. But she has a worse hull than Georgia and didn't have a sped up heal of Georgia as well, so she requires more map reading. However, she has twice the barrel count of Georgia, and enjoy faster shell ballistics, so when you caught a broadside normally they wouldn't have enough time to angle in or out (but need to pray that RNG is behaving nice). If you faced a bow in target Alsace's HE is good as well. 

Overall she is a good T9 BB but you will struggle when you faced some ships that naturally counters you (thanks to that 32mm crispy hull and small guns) : Yamato/Musashi/Shikishima, Akizuki line, supercruisers like Alaska or Agir, Wooster. So plead that MM put them as your teammates.  

• Cool 3

[MRI]
3,610 posts
15,519 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Helena said:

Ouch I hope you didn't have to leave too much stuff behind on your EU account.

On topic, it has been a while since I grinded through Alsace but I don't remember having any complains about the grind.

I used to have a Secondary build on her  with IFHE and played her as a flanker/opportunist but I am unsure how she fares today with all the new HE spammers and after the IFHE nerf.

80 posts
341 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

Ouch I hope you didn't have to leave too much stuff behind on your EU account.

On topic, it has been a while since I grinded through Alsace but I don't remember having any complains about the grind.

I used to have a Secondary build on her  with IFHE and played her as a flanker/opportunist but I am unsure how she fares today with all the new HE spammers and after the IFHE nerf.

I have only like 4 tier 6 ships & Lyon in my EU account. My battle count is also only about 2200, so I don't lose too much I think.

And yes the HE spammers are the real issue in Randoms. I managed to grind Richelieu's module on Ranked, and had 0 loss. But in Random, I can't get closer than 16 km without being roasted.

Sign in to follow this