Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Panavius

0.9.7. German Navy Containers

21 comments in this topic

[SPAR]
29 posts
6,617 battles

Is anyone else confused and disappointed as to why Adm. Hipper is one the potential rewards for these containers when Prinz Eugen is the obvious choice, given all the other rewards are premiums??

image.thumb.png.850a72a28a5256358ee69322bd3d24ce.png

Just baffling and annoying.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
20,095 battles

I hear someone's approach...

I fear you have summoned him...

This is your fault.

• Funny 2

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,109 battles
2 minutes ago, Panavius said:

Just baffling and annoying.

Don't duplicate tech tree ships only give credits as compensation? I think you have your answer right there

Another annoying and baffling thing is why the Prem Kriegsmarine containers despite being mentioned as being available in 097 are still nowhere to be found. Not in either prem store or in armory as mentioned.

I guess WG needs to give people who don't have enough coal and while the new ship hype still exists, ample time to buy the new ship Pommern with real money before they give anyone the minuscule chance of getting the ship for a much cheaper price.

[TWR]
13 posts
10,262 battles

LH bottom corner maybe on the 14th we will see the Kriegsmarine Premium Containers?

59f776ec-d70f-11ea-bbb2-8cdcd4b147d4_1200x.jpg

• Cool 5

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,109 battles
12 minutes ago, RIMPAC_88 said:

LH bottom corner maybe on the 14th we will see the Kriegsmarine Premium Containers? 

Well spotted! :cap_like:

Extremely dubious that this isn't mentioned anywhere in the actual text of these news articles and only exists in very small print in the corner of a graphic.....  :Smile_sceptic:

Like I said above they need to give the full price sales time to work before offering a chance of getting the ship for cheaper.

• Cool 1

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,430 posts
5,064 battles

Lord WG knows the only way I'll get a ship from a container is by paying for it.

[SPAR]
29 posts
6,617 battles
1 hour ago, HobartAWD said:

Don't duplicate tech tree ships only give credits as compensation? I think you have your answer right there

Another annoying and baffling thing is why the Prem Kriegsmarine containers despite being mentioned as being available in 097 are still nowhere to be found. Not in either prem store or in armory as mentioned.

I guess WG needs to give people who don't have enough coal and while the new ship hype still exists, ample time to buy the new ship Pommern with real money before they give anyone the minuscule chance of getting the ship for a much cheaper price.

Good point but what about the other ships being premiums? I guess they make too much money out of Prinz Eugen to risk giving it away.

Ah yes that was the other thing - how rare for premium containers to be absent up front - really makes me think that actually this patch and the implementation of Pommern is poorly thought out

[SPAR]
29 posts
6,617 battles
46 minutes ago, RIMPAC_88 said:

Good pick up - talk about fine print...

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,109 battles
1 minute ago, Panavius said:

Good point but what about the other ships being premiums? I guess they make too much money out of Prinz Eugen to risk giving it away.

Ah yes that was the other thing - how rare for premium containers to be absent up front - really makes me think that actually this patch and the implementation of Pommern is poorly thought out

Z-39 isn't a huge seller and being a T7 is a bit cheaper to compensate if a player already has it. I'm honestly surprised that they included the T8 Mainz as it is fairly new to the game and a very decent ship. I guess they had to include at least one decent ship as the catch. Yes I agree with what you said about Eugen. Plus it has been in the game much longer so the chances of someone already having it and getting the dubs as compensation are greater.

Plus it is a German Navy event after all. Do you really expect anything to be as good as say a Russian ship event? I'm not even going to mention Odin, Siegfried and Agir. My lips are sealed. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,350 posts
11,180 battles
5 hours ago, Panavius said:

As others have said, they are likely doing this because they initially want people to actually pay for the ship to capture the group that are willing to do that, and then later they'll put up the containers to get the people who like to lootbox stuff.  It makes sense for attempting to maximise income.

5 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Z-39 isn't a huge seller and being a T7 is a bit cheaper to compensate if a player already has it. I'm honestly surprised that they included the T8 Mainz as it is fairly new to the game and a very decent ship. I guess they had to include at least one decent ship as the catch. Yes I agree with what you said about Eugen. Plus it has been in the game much longer so the chances of someone already having it and getting the dubs as compensation are greater.

Who knows how they are going to compensate, they have taken to compensating with credits for premiums over the past year or more.  For the price of the containers and what you are getting, it should most definitely be compensated with doubloons imo, but it's more than likely they won't.

• Cool 3

[4RSE]
326 posts
7,899 battles

Meh, I suspect the crates are delayed to the 14th because the Azur Lane event/crates are still on. Give people time to get those crates first, then the Gemerman crates after. Those of us who already spent our coal or coupon will either buy crates when they come out and hope to get a mission for Pommern or they will go buy the ship for cash right now. I seriously doubt there are any nefarious reasons for the delay other than the Azur Lane event overlap which is more likely due to a failure to communicate in wargaming headquarters (yes, incompetence - anyone not surprised?).

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,109 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

Who knows how they are going to compensate, they have taken to compensating with credits for premiums over the past year or more.  For the price of the containers and what you are getting, it should most definitely be compensated with doubloons imo, but it's more than likely they won't. 

Agree. WG do stick to their decisions once they have set a precedent. There might have been just a wee bit of optimism in what I said since I'm a long term owner of Z-39 and Hipper. 

39 minutes ago, lunsmann said:

I seriously doubt there are any nefarious reasons for the delay other than the Azur Lane event overlap which is more likely due to a failure to communicate in wargaming headquarters (yes, incompetence - anyone not surprised?). 

I have been pouring over all these news articles since before the 097 patch dropped and I never saw that text mentioning the 14th until it was spotted by @RIMPAC_88. I'm human and obviously I am very capable of missing it, but if anyone actually saw it and can swear that it was there when the article came out, please say so. Why it cannot be written in plain easy to see text in the body of the article I have no idea. If there is nothing to hide then don't hide it. Like you say I'm likely being a bit unfair based on WG's past behavior. I hope that is the case.

Edited by HobartAWD
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,273 posts
13,219 battles

The crates would be more appealing if they just removed the Hipper from the loot table - no need to replace it with anything else.

[KMS-A]
13 posts
10,298 battles

I managed to snag the Mainz out of the first German Navy container awarded from the first directive. Playing for over 3 years and I finally got some good crate RNG from WG. 

• Cool 6

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,430 posts
5,064 battles

Pommerainian BUFF ANNOUNCED:

Sigma from 1.6 to 1.5

NOT EVEN RELEASED A WEEK AND A BUFF COZ ITS A FAIL.

"WG don't mess with premium ship stats".- A WG sycophant.

Oh, also "buff?" to erich loewnenhardt, DB attack time from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.

So either the DB starts attack from lower, or dives faster, or aims faster once in attack mode???.

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,109 battles
2 hours ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

Pommerainian BUFF ANNOUNCED:

Sigma from 1.6 to 1.5

NOT EVEN RELEASED A WEEK AND A BUFF COZ ITS A FAIL.

"WG don't mess with premium ship stats".- A WG sycophant.

Oh, also "buff?" to erich loewnenhardt, DB attack time from 5 seconds to 4 seconds.

So either the DB starts attack from lower, or dives faster, or aims faster once in attack mode???.

Sigma value being reduced from 1.6 to 1.5 is a nerf not a buff. :Smile_amazed:

Plus these changes were announced a week before the 097 patch and were included in the released versions of the ships.

Dev Blog 31.07.2020

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/58

• Cool 2

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
333 posts
8,315 battles

Changing ships seconds before release is not dubious at all. How many times have we all been out to buy a new Porsche, watched the factory video, test driven it and then the night before delivery the car gets changed to an old pre-owned morris minor and they forget to tell us before we use our credit card. 

Burns.jpg

• Cool 1

1 post
101 battles

So bought 15 containers and got the hipper to my astonishment its not upgraded nor does it come with perma camo. Hmm not impressed i don't mind its not a premium but my goodness would it kill them to at least have it fully upgraded and perhaps have a perma camo on it geese louise. No fine print but when it says hipper and 10 point commander you would think that would be a fully upgraded hipper similar to how you would receive the other 3 premiums and I'm sure thats the first ship that drops aswell to put you further behind the paywall to get what you want. Might sound like a whinge but 15 crates to drop one ship and i recieve it like this is a bit much for me to be content. Peace out

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
20,095 battles
2 hours ago, Max_Carnage1 said:

So bought 15 containers and got the hipper to my astonishment its not upgraded nor does it come with perma camo. Hmm not impressed i don't mind its not a premium but my goodness would it kill them to at least have it fully upgraded and perhaps have a perma camo on it geese louise. No fine print but when it says hipper and 10 point commander you would think that would be a fully upgraded hipper similar to how you would receive the other 3 premiums and I'm sure thats the first ship that drops aswell to put you further behind the paywall to get what you want. Might sound like a whinge but 15 crates to drop one ship and i recieve it like this is a bit much for me to be content. Peace out

Hi Max. I'm Max.

And yes. That sucks dude.

I bought 10 and got peripheral rewards only. If I didn't have Hipper and she dropped stock I would have been uber annoyed as well.

That is cheap AF from WG.

[4RSE]
326 posts
7,899 battles
6 hours ago, Max_Carnage1 said:

I bought 25 and got stuff (not Pommern) - I have the other 3 ships already. My son also bought 25 and got Pommern in his second box and Hipper in the third. He is absolutely rapt because he is grinding the German cruiser line. Be happy for the ship you got, it could have been 21 camo's instead.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,430 posts
5,064 battles

I have bought all these special containers before and not got a ship yet, so I'm not going for the bait again.

$135 AUD I can get 1x pommerainian, and spend another 20$ can also get 1x mainz.

I don't play german ships due to their underwhelming performances (bar a couple such as cv) so there's not much point buying those ships either, although I'd likely enjoy mainz the most.

Maybe I'll just get mainz, one day.

I did the math on a tier 8 premium tanks value in WoT once upon a time, and worked out that to get my moneys worth of enjoyment out of any given tank I'd have to play that same tank at least 800 times.

Sign in to follow this