Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CaptainZade_

I Present To You...

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

14
[FOCUS]
Member
50 posts
1,739 battles

      Republique as a shipgirl. I did all I could with my art skills and this is how it turned out and I'm fine with it. At least I know I'm improving.... maybe.

Republiques.thumb.png.82f6de403d267273b47ea15fec0c6740.png

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[DISF]
Member
131 posts
8,716 battles

First off, please let me congratulate you for having your very first shipgirls.

Now, for the improvement, I won't go into anatomy since you know that there are rooms to be improved  so I will just point out some of rigging details that you might try adding to give her features which belong to the ship she is based.

Rep main unique feature is her 2x4 turrets with configuration of A-X. You might want to try put them on each side of her when the time you give her standing pose. She also feature range of secondaries and AA compliments so giving her those could help her stand out as well. I see that you give her the unique smoke stack on her hull(rigging) so that is a good one.

Character and uniform-wise, I could suggest you try giving her France-flag color scheme because it would suit her name well, though the choice is yours. I usually suggest something based on historical events or ship's achievements when it comes to character design but since Rep is a paper-ship, the best I can think of her is she is really fast so you, perhaps, could add something that indicate her as a speedster or a flanker with a thin set of armor (this doesn't mean less clothes and more lewdness though!)

And now I would like to invite @Reinhard_of_Avercland for flame war....I mean peaceful discussion and his appreciated thought.

Edited by P_TuSangLui
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,265
[FORCE]
Member
2,433 posts
12,277 battles

Well I'm not into the baguette things, but I can provide my thoughts on the shipgirl.

I will refrain from commenting on her anatomy because it's completely up to the artist on how the character looks like.

As for her gears/equipments, I can agree with @P_TuSangLui. I think you can use this as a reference. But of course you need to make some adjustments because this example doesn't show where the AA mounts are (and it's just weird to see the mic & sound systems around her).

Spoiler

112212295_Gascogne_.thumb.png.b1401e18f98c73f30fb8d2677f3b84a6.png

I think her uniform in that picture is a bit too stereotypical. Although you can just change the color scheme to make it more interesting. Alternatively, you could give her the dress that was commonly worn in the 50's, considering the ship is actually in her post-war configuration. The dress is kinda like this.

Spoiler

vintage-1950s-dress-white-cotton-french-cuffs-2668.thumb.jpg.56c04dff1b3ab5f4abb7b5e616250a7d.jpg

I think that's all I can say for now. And of course, that's a good start.

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[FOCUS]
Member
50 posts
1,739 battles
On 8/10/2020 at 11:14 AM, P_TuSangLui said:

First off, please let me congratulate you for having your very first shipgirls.

Now, for the improvement, I won't go into anatomy since you know that there are rooms to be improved  so I will just point out some of rigging details that you might try adding to give her features which belong to the ship she is based.

Rep main unique feature is her 2x4 turrets with configuration of A-X. You might want to try put them on each side of her when the time you give her standing pose. She also feature range of secondaries and AA compliments so giving her those could help her stand out as well. I see that you give her the unique smoke stack on her hull(rigging) so that is a good one.

Character and uniform-wise, I could suggest you try giving her France-flag color scheme because it would suit her name well, though the choice is yours. I usually suggest something based on historical events or ship's achievements when it comes to character design but since Rep is a paper-ship, the best I can think of her is she is really fast so you, perhaps, could add something that indicate her as a speedster or a flanker with a thin set of armor (this doesn't mean less clothes and more lewdness though!)

And now I would like to invite @Reinhard_of_Avercland for flame war....I mean peaceful discussion and his appreciated thought.

 

On 8/10/2020 at 12:59 PM, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Well I'm not into the baguette things, but I can provide my thoughts on the shipgirl.

I will refrain from commenting on her anatomy because it's completely up to the artist on how the character looks like.

As for her gears/equipments, I can agree with @P_TuSangLui. I think you can use this as a reference. But of course you need to make some adjustments because this example doesn't show where the AA mounts are (and it's just weird to see the mic & sound systems around her).

  Reveal hidden contents

112212295_Gascogne_.thumb.png.b1401e18f98c73f30fb8d2677f3b84a6.png

I think her uniform in that picture is a bit too stereotypical. Although you can just change the color scheme to make it more interesting. Alternatively, you could give her the dress that was commonly worn in the 50's, considering the ship is actually in her post-war configuration. The dress is kinda like this.

  Reveal hidden contents

vintage-1950s-dress-white-cotton-french-cuffs-2668.thumb.jpg.56c04dff1b3ab5f4abb7b5e616250a7d.jpg

I think that's all I can say for now. And of course, that's a good start.

     Thanks for the criticism, oh and if you're wondering why I'm only replying now it's because as soon as I posted this I immediately became embarassed, over the past days I've improved so I'll definitely redo this and focus on getting better.

 

 

 

 

 

If I end up becoming an R34 artist game-end me quickly

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
122
[IJN]
Member
266 posts
4,708 battles

Sorry, I was concentrating on the Baguette man in the background.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[FOCUS]
Member
50 posts
1,739 battles

Here's what I'm working on rn, the guns'll come later because it's gonna be a pain to draw

RepubRed.thumb.png.b20e6d7bc0e89f3e0f81eacf6905795c.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[SIREN]
Member
72 posts
5,172 battles

you can find reference for your gun In kancolle. because its easier to draw, and not much detail.

and for republique drawing. i think white beret with a pom pom will be nice 

Edited by Fanmarsh
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[FOCUS]
Member
50 posts
1,739 battles

    My progress so far, still no guns, I'll do 'em l8er B))))

RepubRed.thumb.png.25a791bf8922da8e3b462c1a663b9dc2.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[SIREN]
Member
72 posts
5,172 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainZade_ said:

    My progress so far, still no guns, I'll do 'em l8er B))))

RepubRed.thumb.png.25a791bf8922da8e3b462c1a663b9dc2.png

who is this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[FOCUS]
Member
50 posts
1,739 battles
2 minutes ago, Fanmarsh said:

who is this?

Check the artwork up above, it's a redesign of my Republique

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31
[SIREN]
Member
72 posts
5,172 battles
5 hours ago, CaptainZade_ said:

Check the artwork up above, it's a redesign of my Republique

owh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[DISF]
Member
131 posts
8,716 battles
On 8/22/2020 at 7:27 AM, CaptainZade_ said:

If I end up becoming an R34 artist game-end me quickly

Every R34 artist gotta start somewhere, ya know. lol

Looking forward to your new Rep.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[FOCUS]
Member
50 posts
1,739 battles

     I didn't want to draw the guns but looks like it's time to do it, enough delaying already

RepubRed.thumb.png.d14450b69cb61518a50754fc4d7fefd8.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,265
[FORCE]
Member
2,433 posts
12,277 battles
On 8/22/2020 at 7:27 AM, CaptainZade_ said:

If I end up becoming an R34 artist game-end me quickly

Most manga illustrators actually start off as R34 artists. So.... you would be on the right path if it happens, just saying:Smile_hiding:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14
[FOCUS]
Member
50 posts
1,739 battles

As of now I'm adding the shading and stuff but as you can see, the guns look horrible, and the secondaries have different perspectives from the main guns, plus they look traced so I'll have to change them. Oh and I'm also planning on coloring the guns and stuff like Republique's camo ingame

RepubRed.thumb.png.311b04c7b485f8c1b5154aa19ea7b487.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[DISF]
Member
131 posts
8,716 battles
10 hours ago, CaptainZade_ said:

As of now I'm adding the shading and stuff but as you can see, the guns look horrible, and the secondaries have different perspectives from the main guns, plus they look traced so I'll have to change them. Oh and I'm also planning on coloring the guns and stuff like Republique's camo ingame

RepubRed.thumb.png.311b04c7b485f8c1b5154aa19ea7b487.png

Rigging and armament, AFAIK, are entirely different field. If you have been practicing drawing character but never once touch those, it is understandable. However, these look good. To call them horrible is exaggerated.  And I'm sure you shouldn't worry about tracing the equipment. I mean, you want them to be as authentic as possible, right? Character design is one thing, but tracing equipment should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×