Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Neufert1

Advise for X tier ship

14 comments in this topic

[TR_MU]
325 posts
5,205 battles

Hello everyone,

I want to your's opinion for my issue. I can't decide because i'm beginner, I will try explain my situation  shortly :

I have X tier 3 ships , but i want to 5 X tier ships for Slava

1- A.L NEvsky - I love her, too funny for me i don't have any problem with her

2- Harugumo - Actually i think, he can be alternative of shimakaze but i made mistakes. She is so different than Shimakaze, she is gunboat i learn this  too late 🙂 I don't like to gameplay of harugumo

3- Kremlin  - I can't play with him, because i want to long range BBS, gameplay style not suitable for me, Kremlin's range is low and i can't use any upgrades for Long range . 

My tech tree situation :

1- Shimakaze techtree done till VII tier. I can continue to this techtree

2- USA worchester techtree completed till VIII tier (because pro player said : Nevsky more suitable for you, you are new and beginner,  and i listened pro players  and i'm too happy with her) I can finish Worchester techtree

3-  German BBS and Cruiser techtree completed till VII tier.

4- USA BBS techtree completed till VI tier

5- I don't have any research about Japan BBS

My questions

1- I want to new another BBS, what is your's advise ? I can continue to montana techtree or i can continue to German techtree. If possible ; best AA, Long range citadel hit , low dispersion, highly penetrate percantage, what is your advise for Long range BBS ? Montana / Yamato / Kurfürst ?

I can't decide this, because in battles; i can't make citadel hit with hi damage to broadside Kurfürst. Max i can see : 17-35 K in close combat against to Kurfürst.I guess armor is too strong . I've tried in training mode from 4-5 km and result don't changing.

2- Already i have Nevsky, Worchester is too different than Nevsky ? Reload time short than Nevsky, but she have got 2 more main battery if i remember correct.

3- I can play with asashio very good ( for beginner, but generally i can see myself first or second line in scoreboard with asashio  , because  longe range torpedos too suitable for me. ı love  asashio reasons of low detect range,, good maneuvrability, and amount of torpedos. just have got 2 disadvantages : i can hit only BBS and CV  and " ZERO" AA. . So i can continue to Japan shimakaze techtree.

Thank you to all for your advices.

Edited by Neufert1

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,402 posts
5,044 battles

Get a calculator out, and add up how much xp each line totals, and how much credits each line totals, BUT

BEWARE: not all lines offer the same amount of resource points!!!!.

And then consider how EASY the line will be to grind.

I would consider ANY russian line except the khabarovsk

and IJN dd or USN lines you can probably smash quite fast, if you are going to play randoms, and consider that capturing points= xp and credits.

Never done the IJN or USN gunboat lines, but their AA seems decent, and they look fun.

Just got a Kidd and its really quite good.

[NCOTS]
447 posts
11,075 battles
8 hours ago, Neufert1 said:

I have X tier 3 ships , but i want to 5 X tier ships for Slava

To get Slava you need to do more things other than unlocking 5 tier 10s, having 5 tier 10 ships only opens your access to Research Bureau + 10k Research Points. Slava costs 63k research points, so to get her you need to reset some tech tree lines, play them all the way to T10 again to gain points for Slava. It's a hefty grind and you need a lot of time or resources to get Slava.

Feel free to do the math yourself, 1 completed non CV tech tree reset will give you 10k points, the game will have seasons which will award 2x research points for a tech tree line that is reset during that season (my wording might be a bit confusing, check here for more details https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau). So you need to reset tech tree lines several times to get Slava. For your sanity, pick a line that you enjoy grinding the most. Avoid lines that have major hiccups along the way. 

1- I want to new another BBS, what is your's advise ? I can continue to montana techtree or i can continue to German techtree. If possible ; best AA, Long range citadel hit , low dispersion, highly penetrate percantage, what is your advise for Long range BBS ? Montana / Yamato / Kurfürst ?

I can't decide this, because in battles; i can't make citadel hit with hi damage to broadside Kurfürst. Max i can see : 17-35 K in close combat against to Kurfürst.I guess armor is too strong . I've tried in training mode from 4-5 km and result don't changing.

There's no perfect Tier 10 BB out there that combines everything you want. Yamato is the best long range hitter but has crap AA and a slow hull with big citadels. Montana has good AA and quite fast but her guns aren't as good as Yamato's or some other T10 BBs in long range performance. Kurfurst doesn't do well in long range fights, she gets farmed by everyone in long range instead. Maybe Republique might fit your criteria, she's fast, has really good AA, shells fly fast and accurate; but she has one of the worst BB hull in T10, only covered in 32mm so she's not tanky at all, therefore it really needs excellent positioning skills. Or you can just grind the Royal BB line and spam HE all the way. 

Kurfurst has a turtleback armor, which makes her nearly impossible to be citadeled in close range, but she might be citadeled by long range plunging AP shells. 

Worchester is too different than Nevsky ?

Wooster is more difficult to play, as her slow shell speed encourages her to use terrain and farm ships behind the terrain, so you need map knowledge to play her well. And her armor is worse than Nevsky's. 

• Cool 2

[TR_MU]
325 posts
5,205 battles
6 minutes ago, rookieFTW said:

To get Slava you need to do more things other than unlocking 5 tier 10s, having 5 tier 10 ships only opens your access to Research Bureau + 10k Research Points. Slava costs 63k research points, so to get her you need to reset some tech tree lines, play them all the way to T10 again to gain points for Slava. It's a hefty grind and you need a lot of time or resources to get Slava.

Feel free to do the math yourself, 1 completed non CV tech tree reset will give you 10k points, the game will have seasons which will award 2x research points for a tech tree line that is reset during that season (my wording might be a bit confusing, check here for more details https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Research_Bureau). So you need to reset tech tree lines several times to get Slava. For your sanity, pick a line that you enjoy grinding the most. Avoid lines that have major hiccups along the way. 

There's no perfect Tier 10 BB out there that combines everything you want. Yamato is the best long range hitter but has crap AA and a slow hull with big citadels. Montana has good AA and quite fast but her guns aren't as good as Yamato's or some other T10 BBs in long range performance. Kurfurst doesn't do well in long range fights, she gets farmed by everyone in long range instead. Maybe Republique might fit your criteria, she's fast, has really good AA, shells fly fast and accurate; but she has one of the worst BB hull in T10, only covered in 32mm so she's not tanky at all, therefore it really needs excellent positioning skills. Or you can just grind the Royal BB line and spam HE all the way. 

Kurfurst has a turtleback armor, which makes her nearly impossible to be citadeled in close range, but she might be citadeled by long range plunging AP shells. 

Wooster is more difficult to play, as her slow shell speed encourages her to use terrain and farm ships behind the terrain, so you need map knowledge to play her well. And her armor is worse than Nevsky's. 

Hi Rookie,

Thanks for your all kidnly information. After Research burea link, i give up :)))) . I've learned research bureau working system with this link and i don't wan't reset my techtree

Thank you to AGAIN ! 🙂 you saved my life again ! Thank you. !

Edited by Neufert1

[NTSB]
72 posts
5,115 battles

Consider Conqueror or YAMATO. Especially Conqueror is easier to play for many people.

Worcester has worse armor protection which doesn't allow us to make mistakes. Why not Hindenburg since you have already completed VII Yorck.

• Cool 1

[NCOTS]
447 posts
11,075 battles
1 hour ago, Neufert1 said:

After Research burea link, i give up

The system is for veteran players to spend their surplus resources and get special stuffs. You may try it out once you have a lot of flags, camos, credits, free xp and personal time available. 

• Cool 1

[SEARN]
1,050 posts
16,060 battles

Please stop encouraging him everyone.

Don't even think about Research Bureau, get better at the game first. Slava is not some badge of honour that you need to own. If you think that playing at range is going to magically increase your winrate without any other game knowledge, well you are sorely mistaken.

Stop skipping ships. Even the lower tier ones. Actually grind them and learn to play them well and survive in battle and win games.

This way you will avoid situations like when you went and bought Harugumo and then somehow learnt too late that she is a gunboat DD. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 4

[151ST]
83 posts
2,412 battles

Get your hands on a Slava and ruin the fun for everyone.

[151ST]
83 posts
2,412 battles
7 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Please stop encouraging him everyone.

Don't even think about Research Bureau, get better at the game first. Slava is not some badge of honour that you need to own. If you think that playing at range is going to magically increase your winrate without any other game knowledge, well you are sorely mistaken.

Stop skipping ships. Even the lower tier ones. Actually grind them and learn to play them well and survive in battle and win games.

This way you will avoid situations like when you went and bought Harugumo and then somehow learnt too late that she is a gunboat DD. :Smile_facepalm:

Give the most OP/broken ship to the most experienced players only "Research Bureau". 

Great stuff WG.

*THUMBS UP*

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,590 posts
26,586 battles
1 hour ago, Davey77 said:

Give the most OP/broken ship to the most experienced players only "Research Bureau". 

Great stuff WG.

*THUMBS UP*

thunderer, smolensk, hakuryu and venezia would like to say hi

besides, slava is shit in the hands of a noob, even if you give them a rail gun they still have no idea how to flank or target select, both of which is needed to make her really good. 

Edited by CV_NMSL
  • Cool 1

[151ST]
83 posts
2,412 battles
7 hours ago, CV_NMSL said:

thunderer, smolensk, hakuryu and venezia would like to say hi

besides, slava is shit in the hands of a noob, even if you give them a rail gun they still have no idea how to flank or target select, both of which is needed to make her really good. 

Never seen a Slava in the hands of a noob. They're always in the hands of an ace who can delete Kremlins from the other side of the map.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,590 posts
26,586 battles
3 hours ago, Davey77 said:

Never seen a Slava in the hands of a noob. They're always in the hands of an ace who can delete Kremlins from the other side of the map.

play more often then 🙂

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this