Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

Chonkiest of the Chonk

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

728
[LBAS]
Member
3,089 posts
14,562 battles

Here's the size comparison of Montana and Vermont

 

Vermont is the Biggest ship of all U.S BBs, equal that to size of Montana in length.

-1

 

unknown

 

Likewise:

WG_SPb_WoWs_WIP-icon_black

Edited by IJN_Katori
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
524
[SEARN]
Member
1,050 posts
16,050 battles

I like big butts and I cannot lie,

You other captains can't deny,

That when a ship sails in with a real wide beam and a round thing in your face,

You get sprung, want to pull up tough,

Cause you notice that butt was stuffed,

Deep in the armour shes wearing, I'm hooked and I can't stop staring. :Smile_glasses:

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,448 posts
6,171 battles
13 hours ago, mademoisail said:

We like thicc boats. 😍 How do you feel about them?? 

Personally speaking, it has surprised me somewhat that Vermont is a rather large (almost the same size comparing with Montana) ship comparing with the short and plump South Dakota 1920. Though it is understandable that a battleship with 12 457-mm main guns would certainly be large and heavy, even with propulsion that can only make 23 knots at best.

I would like to watch how they will be further adjusted and tweaked as almost everyone is wondering how such slow ships can actively contribute in higher tier battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,267
[-CAT-]
Member
2,495 posts
11,602 battles
17 hours ago, darkflame88 said:

Must resist urge to make jokes about fat Americans.

254870041_letitgo.jpg.0747a022646edcaff9bedae7fc8ff6c1.jpg

 

20 hours ago, mademoisail said:

We like thicc boats. 😍 How do you feel about them?? 

乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚

1298340117_extrathicc.thumb.png.fe0ed615981421c5df693715aadf20e2.png

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Administrator, WG Staff
219 posts

Me reading comments about fat Americans while stuffing food into my face: 👁️👄👁️

😭

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
728
[LBAS]
Member
3,089 posts
14,562 battles

VERMONT2BARMOUR.png?width=1026&height=360

 

Vermont's armor is UPDATED.

 

 

CLs cannot pen 32mm unless IFHE

 

Des Moines and other Heavy Cruiser will be a threat for the BB.

Edited by IJN_Katori

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,985
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,540 posts
20,011 battles

Vermont has smaller screws than Montana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,985
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,540 posts
20,011 battles
On 8/7/2020 at 4:49 AM, mademoisail said:

We like thicc boats. 😍 How do you feel about them?? 

I've been on boats of all sizes and shapes I can honestly say I just like any boat that will let me feel it.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,274
[FORCE]
Member
2,451 posts
12,288 battles
2 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

CLs cannot pen 32mm unless IFHE

You mean Russian CLs. The post-rework IFHE gives 152mm shells only 30mm pen.

Except Mainz which has 38mm pen by default.

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201
[LGND]
Member
526 posts
12,735 battles
On 8/7/2020 at 1:49 AM, mademoisail said:

We like thicc boats. 😍 How do you feel about them?? 

with stats like :
40 sec reload
deck 32 mm
speed 23 knot
sigma 1,7
Tier 10
sorry, i dunno what logic u guys use when you guys make this ship.... but its sh*t honestly....
i dont care stats will change bla bla bla.... i pretty sure this line will become mediocre or total sh*t....
tons of existing ship ins US but you choose rejected papership 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,448 posts
6,171 battles
5 minutes ago, Gesterbein said:

with stats like :
40 sec reload
deck 32 mm
speed 23 knot
sigma 1,7
Tier 10
sorry, i dunno what logic u guys use when you guys make this ship.... but its sh*t honestly....
i dont care stats will change bla bla bla.... i pretty sure this line will become mediocre or total sh*t....
tons of existing ship ins US but you choose rejected papership 

Even Sovetsky Soyuz, Kreml and Grosser Kurfurst with extra thick deck plating can be melted with concentrated HE spam, while Conqueror features the signature British floating drydock and at least Republique is fast.

The current Vermont will be effectively hopeless against all those HE spammers. She does not even feature the 38-mm deck that can at least shatter many cruiser HE that the current higher tier USN battleships own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,267
[-CAT-]
Member
2,495 posts
11,602 battles
7 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

VERMONT2BARMOUR.png?width=1026&height=360

 

Vermont's armor is UPDATED.

 

 

CLs cannot pen 32mm unless IFHE

 

Des Moines and other Heavy Cruiser will be a threat for the BB.

32 mm is only the bow and sturn.

I'm more curious what is beneth the skirt (torpedo buldge).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,267
[-CAT-]
Member
2,495 posts
11,602 battles
40 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Even Sovetsky Soyuz, Kreml and Grosser Kurfurst with extra thick deck plating can be melted with concentrated HE spam, while Conqueror features the signature British floating drydock and at least Republique is fast.

The current Vermont will be effectively hopeless against all those HE spammers. She does not even feature the 38-mm deck that can at least shatter many cruiser HE that the current higher tier USN battleships own.

Unless WG puts a passive / built-in fire prevention skill for all 3 thicc BB. Maybe even all USN 21 knot BB. :fish_book:

They won't be easy to burn or flood, but they are easy targets to shoot at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
728
[LBAS]
Member
3,089 posts
14,562 battles
40 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

32 mm is only the bow and sturn.

I'm more curious what is beneth the skirt (torpedo buldge).

 292mm i guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
524
[SEARN]
Member
1,050 posts
16,050 battles

Flamu goes over all the upcoming ships including USN BBs and their armour schemes in more detail

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by HobartAWD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
633
[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Member
638 posts
3,274 battles
9 hours ago, IJN_Katori said:

 292mm i guess?

Probably 343 mm (standard dreadnought armor belt) or more (Tillman I, the base of Vermont, have at least 18" or 457 mm of armor)

3 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

Flamu goes over all the upcoming ships including USN BBs and their armour schemes in more detail

 

 

I rarely take his word seriously nowadays. It's either overhyped bullcrap or drama, just like the ludicrous claim on how you can angle against Siegfried and thus it suck, yet on Petropavlovsk said you couldn't against it...Don't make me mention Ägir's bow.

Smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
201
[LGND]
Member
526 posts
12,735 battles

This is the proof how sh*tty Vermont Armor.....
dealing 17k Damage with 21 km range....
usually i got bounce or richocet or miss the target....
but this give me 17k easy Damage.....
 

vermont.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
75
[IWN]
Member
265 posts
2,862 battles
On 8/9/2020 at 8:06 AM, Earl_of_Arland said:

Probably 343 mm (standard dreadnought armor belt) or more (Tillman I, the base of Vermont, have at least 18" or 457 mm of armor)

I rarely take his word seriously nowadays. It's either overhyped bullcrap or drama, just like the ludicrous claim on how you can angle against Siegfried and thus it suck, yet on Petropavlovsk said you couldn't against it...Don't make me mention Ägir's bow.

Smh

but he is indeed correct with just how bad these ship are, I mean looking at the stat they are even worse than any other BB in any term, I mean 40second reload, what the hell ? they might had the heaviest broadside, but with that kind of armor, they are probably best ditching out about 4-5 salvo before getting melted by HE spammer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
633
[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Member
638 posts
3,274 battles
15 minutes ago, TakemoriKohoto said:

but he is indeed correct with just how bad these ship are, I mean looking at the stat they are even worse than any other BB in any term, I mean 40second reload, what the hell ? they might had the heaviest broadside, but with that kind of armor, they are probably best ditching out about 4-5 salvo before getting melted by HE spammer 

I held my judgement after the ships were fully released, because how unreliable these "early reviews" were. 40s reload were mitigated by their immense alpha-strike, and the armor is both a blessings and a curse (essentially acting as spaced armor). 

And with Flamuu's tendency to always over-react to something. Take it with a buckload of salt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,985
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,540 posts
20,011 battles

Following chonky thicc US fried butter in bacon wrapped in fat and ice cream BB botes be like...

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×