Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Makyrojo

Can we create a random battle mode with no carriers.

55 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

8
[RECRE]
Member
4 posts
1,751 battles

We need a game mode with no carriers because they ruin the game.

What's the point of angling armor or concealment when carriers completely ignore them. For example, i was angling in my Georgia against two-tier X bbs and I wasn't taking much damage as I was angled properly. However, the carrier just started hitting me for 10 to 15k per salvo which doesn't make sense as I shouldn't have been punished for making mistakes.

 

WG please make a mode without carriers, we are so sick of them.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,187
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,544 posts
26,546 battles
1 hour ago, Makyrojo said:

I shouldn't have been punished for making mistakes.

excuse me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,023
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,335 posts
11,139 battles
1 hour ago, Makyrojo said:

What's the point of angling armor or concealment when carriers completely ignore them. For example, i was angling in my Georgia against two-tier X bbs and I wasn't taking much damage as I was angled properly. However, the carrier just started hitting me for 10 to 15k per salvo which doesn't make sense as I shouldn't have been punished for making mistakes.

I would suggest not stopping in a position you can't get out of.  Keep moving and CV's are much easier to deal with.  Static ships are exactly what CV's are designed to counter, and this is one of the ways they improve the game with their presence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[REPOI]
Member
243 posts
12,482 battles
1 hour ago, Makyrojo said:

which doesn't make sense as I shouldn't have been punished for making mistakes

Excuse me sir? Am I reading this wrong? I am certain I cleaned my glasses and got my eyes checked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
591
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,723 posts
5,716 battles

Excuse me but what did i just read?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,957
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
4,515 posts
19,912 battles

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
331
[-ISO-]
Member
1,062 posts
6,286 battles
1 hour ago, Makyrojo said:

However, the carrier just started hitting me for 10 to 15k per salvo which doesn't make sense as I shouldn't have been punished for making mistakes.

WAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[LNA]
Member
2,045 posts
14,121 battles

You Should no longer on this forum because you really need to start from basics. Then we can talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
591
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,723 posts
5,716 battles
1 hour ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

WAT

This dude is the next person whom hes called start with " N.frt1 " .

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
331
[-ISO-]
Member
1,062 posts
6,286 battles
1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

This dude is the next person whom hes called start with " N.frt1 " .

Could it be...... His alt account? :Smile_ohmy:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
591
[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,723 posts
5,716 battles
7 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Could it be...... His alt account? :Smile_ohmy:

Mayhaps.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
640
[GS]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,787 posts
13,900 battles

0wGeTuh.png

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
499
[LBAS]
Member
1,551 posts
2 hours ago, Onlinegamer said:

0wGeTuh.png

aimbot user would say the same : "Just dodge"

IMO these justdodge meme is total bullcrap. =w=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,525
[151ST]
Member
2,588 posts
10,407 battles
10 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

You Should no longer on this forum because you really need to start from basics. Then we can talk.

Is that constructive?

Given that the person is in here communicating, surely we can help explain it better?

@Makyrojo, as some have touched on a bit, the issue is positioning. Which was mentioned as far as being stationary.

If you are caught in a position where you are tanking against two T10 BBs in a Georgia you have already made a mistake as if those players knew what they were doing; either would be able to win that engagement, let alone two.

Blaming a CV is a pointless endeavour; he is merely the fire support. He is targeting the softest target, you have made yourself the softest target.

Georgia isn't meant to bow-tank; it is meant to be using speed to get into positions the enemy are weak in and then punisging them with good guns. Her secondaries are an added bonus.

My suggestion would be avoid situations with any ship where you are bow-tanking 2 enemy T10 BBs. If you are taking on two such ships you want to have an exit strategy, even if a CV comes after you. Georgia does this well with speed but terrain is usually my goto.

Peraonally I always discourage static play, it's a bad way to play and a bad mindset to get into.

A final note, please do not buy into the anti-CV nonsense. Yes they are annoying to vs, yes there are still some questionable areas with spotting and damage v DDs. But do not get caught in a bubble like so many have.

Blaming someone/thing else is an easy trap to fall into but the best advice I can give you and the best thing to learn in gaming is that you are the biggest thing you can change.

The only consistent thing in all the games you play is you. If you take a positive mindset and see what you could have done better everytime you die or lose; you will improve greatly as a player.

And most of the time the answer will be positioning. To work out what went wrong, watch your replay.

A tip on analysing poor positioning that can help any player; look for the little bits of information in the replay that you can see would have told you that going to a certain place is a poor idea.

Much of the time the information will be there. For DDs; have all the radar ships been spotted yet or are you walking into a trap?

For CAs; will this move get me into a position where I will be blapped?

For BBs; if I'm on fire am I going to be able to get safe with terrain or concement?

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[TR_MU]
Member
325 posts
4,971 battles

 

13 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

This dude is the next person whom hes called start with " N.frt1 " .

Me too surprised, We will be best friends forever with him :)))))) Just joke, Actually these things too much for me . Without CV and DD , this game can't be joyfully. If Wg added to NON CV mode, he can want  to NO CV NO DD mode 🙂

So, we have got more crazy people than me, He want to be  Untouchable, too much even for me :))))

Edited by Neufert1
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[LNA]
Member
2,045 posts
14,121 battles
3 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Is that constructive?

Given that the person is in here communicating, surely we can help explain it better?

@Makyrojo, as some have touched on a bit, the issue is positioning. Which was mentioned as far as being stationary.

If you are caught in a position where you are tanking against two T10 BBs in a Georgia you have already made a mistake as if those players knew what they were doing; either would be able to win that engagement, let alone two.

Blaming a CV is a pointless endeavour; he is merely the fire support. He is targeting the softest target, you have made yourself the softest target.

Georgia isn't meant to bow-tank; it is meant to be using speed to get into positions the enemy are weak in and then punisging them with good guns. Her secondaries are an added bonus.

My suggestion would be avoid situations with any ship where you are bow-tanking 2 enemy T10 BBs. If you are taking on two such ships you want to have an exit strategy, even if a CV comes after you. Georgia does this well with speed but terrain is usually my goto.

Peraonally I always discourage static play, it's a bad way to play and a bad mindset to get into.

A final note, please do not buy into the anti-CV nonsense. Yes they are annoying to vs, yes there are still some questionable areas with spotting and damage v DDs. But do not get caught in a bubble like so many have.

Blaming someone/thing else is an easy trap to fall into but the best advice I can give you and the best thing to learn in gaming is that you are the biggest thing you can change.

The only consistent thing in all the games you play is you. If you take a positive mindset and see what you could have done better everytime you die or lose; you will improve greatly as a player.

And most of the time the answer will be positioning. To work out what went wrong, watch your replay.

A tip on analysing poor positioning that can help any player; look for the little bits of information in the replay that you can see would have told you that going to a certain place is a poor idea.

Much of the time the information will be there. For DDs; have all the radar ships been spotted yet or are you walking into a trap?

For CAs; will this move get me into a position where I will be blapped?

For BBs; if I'm on fire am I going to be able to get safe with terrain or concement?

He's looking for sympathy , which most of us don't have. That's why he ask a mode carved out for him personally and left out CV instead of asking where did i go wrong ?. This game is a massive compromise between various things, unless he bought the company , he had to compromise like the rest of us. Either he accept that or he move on. His choice. A ship cannot have two captains.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
524
[SEARN]
Member
1,050 posts
16,045 battles
20 hours ago, Makyrojo said:

We need a game mode with no carriers because they ruin the game.

What's the point of angling armor or concealment when carriers completely ignore them. For example, i was angling in my Georgia against two-tier X bbs and I wasn't taking much damage as I was angled properly. However, the carrier just started hitting me for 10 to 15k per salvo which doesn't make sense as I shouldn't have been punished for making mistakes.

 

WG please make a mode without carriers, we are so sick of them.

So what do you want to receive for your mistakes? A Super container? If there are no negatives to making mistakes you are never going to learn from what you did wrong.

Most people I hope would look to what they did wrong and look to improve. Not expect the entire game to change around them so that they can keep doing what they openly admit is wrong.

Using the collective "we" to make your position seem stronger also isn't going to work. You are asking for them to be removed, not we and certainly not everyone. Who is this we?

 

Unfortunately the game wasn't made while consulting with you or me. CVs are here to stay as WG is too heavily invested in them. There will likely be no regular game mode that excludes them.

I won't say never as that was said about subs and well........ :Smile_hiding: Chieftain duck!

Edited by HobartAWD
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,179
[CLAY]
Member
2,829 posts
12,627 battles

Simple way to play without CVs.

Get into battle, ask both sides to kill their CV.

If everyone hates CV as much as you do, they will comply.

IF not... I got nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
726
[LBAS]
Member
4,890 posts
10,994 battles

IMPOSSIBLE

t1larg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
259
[NCOTS]
Member
433 posts
11,034 battles

CVs are ok as long as there's only one per side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
36 posts
4,710 battles

Yeah CVs are pathetic, especially when there are 2 on each side, nearly every match ends the same , CVs always the last to die, they harass you all match then they run away as fast as they can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,525
[151ST]
Member
2,588 posts
10,407 battles
1 hour ago, smoothsac said:

Yeah CVs are pathetic, especially when there are 2 on each side, nearly every match ends the same , CVs always the last to die, they harass you all match then they run away as fast as they can.

Asking for a separate mode is pointless and about as useless as telling rain to go away...

CVs aren't pathetic and personally I find them less annoying to deal with compared to radar, when I'm in a DD.

When I'm in any other ship I don't even notice them much but that's probably because my positioning is pretty decent most of the time.

At least with planes you can hide in smoke, dodge them, etc...

Radar is just plain 'wall hacks on!'

But it has a place, being that otherwise smoke is BS OP as well.

CVs are the same for static play and poor positioning.

People just like to hate and blame CVs for their own mistakes. A CV will target one of two types; the highest tactical value target (DDs) or the most exposed target (poor positioning or low HP).

Considering 90% of low HP is cause by poor positioning... ... ...

I would strongly suggest not buying into the anti-CV culte de flamu... Every single argument they make is 90% crap. Here's some common ones debunked for you:

'No counterplay'

No counterplay is the most pointless argument of the lot as the game is based around 'rock, paper, scissors'. That roughly translates to countering an enemy type and being countered by one. The simplest example is a standard DD v BB. Any respectable DD will win that fight everytime, it's just a matter of time. The DD will stay unspotted and sling torps all day or outposition the BB and ambush him.

This is fine, this is why you have allies with different strengths and weaknesses. If we were all the same it would be a boring world. Trust me - diversity is strength but you gotta know how to get the most out of it.

'Just not fun to play against'

This one isn't so much a debunk but an invalid argument. They aren't going to remove them and if you don't enjoy the game, quit complaining and move on to other games. As for being unfun to vs, ok woopty do? Heaps of things in heaps of games are unfun to vs or do; it's part of the game system to incentivise certain behaviour or results.

'CV mechanics don't fit in the game as other classes do, they break the game'

Mechanics in games aren't all the same, games that are like that are often niche or focused. Most games have more than one mechanic in them so invalid argument. In warships the game isn't 'broken' otherwise other classes wouldn't be able to perform at all. CVs are a bit too strong in 2 areas; effectiveness v DDs and spotting power. That's a balance issue and not even a hard one to fix, they're fixing the DD issue atm with changes to rockets and hopefully air detection.

'CVs can too easily strike any ship/AA isn't powerful enough'

Ok this is a push-pull slider. If you want CV attacks to be harder to do then the rewards have to be higher and that means higher damage. Most players have forgotten or didn't play vs RTS CVs. You could shred planes but a good CV player could pick a ship and delete it from full HP. That isn't fun and CVs can't do that now unless through detonations, which are what they are.

'You can't angle out a CV attack'

If you actually physically can't you are beached, not moving or moving so slowly you can't turn. You actually mean CVs force you to pick who you will take damage from. Here's a tip, 90% of the time take the CV damage because getting deleted by an enemy BB or CA is worse. Why is CV getting the hate for a players lack of positioning or movement and an enemy BBs burst damage?

'CVs can too easily hunt DDs'

Partially correct at best. CVs counter DDs in much the same way that DDs counter any other ship. A DD has to better position even moreso than other classes and manage AA and smoke. It's hard but not impossible. A correct statement would be 'CVs can too easily hunt poorly played DDs'. Yes and rocket ellipse shapes and air detection should fix this. Good players trounce poor players; go look at my Tier 5 BB stats for reference. I can take just about any Tier 5 BB and mince most players because I'm objectively better than most players who play at that tier.

Sorry not sorry for my almost 72%WR/77k Damage GC stats. At this point I'm just curious how high it can get...

'CVs are too effective at spotting'

Yes. This is the only objectively true statement from the Anti-CV Brigade/culte de flamu. IMO this is the one area they are too strong in. They should still spot but maybe only within 'x' range of the plane spotting the ship. The problem is that WGs spotting system seems to function on spaghetti code and they have massive issues playing with spotting if it isn't just 'reduce ship concealment'.

I would even go so far to say if they fixed this; they'd need to buff CV XP rewards again.

In summary, by all means 'come at me bro' with a rebuttle but I am yet to find someone who can (with evidence) correct my debunkem... They best I've seen boiled down to 'feelings' or 'enjoyment' and arguing based of feels over facts is a short road ending in a pit of despair.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,187
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,544 posts
26,546 battles
22 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Asking for a separate mode is pointless and about as useless as telling rain to go away...

CVs aren't pathetic and personally I find them less annoying to deal with compared to radar, when I'm in a DD.

When I'm in any other ship I don't even notice them much but that's probably because my positioning is pretty decent most of the time.

At least with planes you can hide in smoke, dodge them, etc...

Radar is just plain 'wall hacks on!'

But it has a place, being that otherwise smoke is BS OP as well.

CVs are the same for static play and poor positioning.

People just like to hate and blame CVs for their own mistakes. A CV will target one of two types; the highest tactical value target (DDs) or the most exposed target (poor positioning or low HP).

Considering 90% of low HP is cause by poor positioning... ... ...

I would strongly suggest not buying into the anti-CV culte de flamu... Every single argument they make is 90% crap. Here's some common ones debunked for you:

'No counterplay'

No counterplay is the most pointless argument of the lot as the game is based around 'rock, paper, scissors'. That roughly translates to countering an enemy type and being countered by one. The simplest example is a standard DD v BB. Any respectable DD will win that fight everytime, it's just a matter of time. The DD will stay unspotted and sling torps all day or outposition the BB and ambush him.

This is fine, this is why you have allies with different strengths and weaknesses. If we were all the same it would be a boring world. Trust me - diversity is strength but you gotta know how to get the most out of it.

'Just not fun to play against'

This one isn't so much a debunk but an invalid argument. They aren't going to remove them and if you don't enjoy the game, quit complaining and move on to other games. As for being unfun to vs, ok woopty do? Heaps of things in heaps of games are unfun to vs or do; it's part of the game system to incentivise certain behaviour or results.

'CV mechanics don't fit in the game as other classes do, they break the game'

Mechanics in games aren't all the same, games that are like that are often niche or focused. Most games have more than one mechanic in them so invalid argument. In warships the game isn't 'broken' otherwise other classes wouldn't be able to perform at all. CVs are a bit too strong in 2 areas; effectiveness v DDs and spotting power. That's a balance issue and not even a hard one to fix, they're fixing the DD issue atm with changes to rockets and hopefully air detection.

'CVs can too easily strike any ship/AA isn't powerful enough'

Ok this is a push-pull slider. If you want CV attacks to be harder to do then the rewards have to be higher and that means higher damage. Most players have forgotten or didn't play vs RTS CVs. You could shred planes but a good CV player could pick a ship and delete it from full HP. That isn't fun and CVs can't do that now unless through detonations, which are what they are.

'You can't angle out a CV attack'

If you actually physically can't you are beached, not moving or moving so slowly you can't turn. You actually mean CVs force you to pick who you will take damage from. Here's a tip, 90% of the time take the CV damage because getting deleted by an enemy BB or CA is worse. Why is CV getting the hate for a players lack of positioning or movement and an enemy BBs burst damage?

'CVs can too easily hunt DDs'

Partially correct at best. CVs counter DDs in much the same way that DDs counter any other ship. A DD has to better position even moreso than other classes and manage AA and smoke. It's hard but not impossible. A correct statement would be 'CVs can too easily hunt poorly played DDs'. Yes and rocket ellipse shapes and air detection should fix this. Good players trounce poor players; go look at my Tier 5 BB stats for reference. I can take just about any Tier 5 BB and mince most players because I'm objectively better than most players who play at that tier.

Sorry not sorry for my almost 72%WR/77k Damage GC stats. At this point I'm just curious how high it can get...

'CVs are too effective at spotting'

Yes. This is the only objectively true statement from the Anti-CV Brigade/culte de flamu. IMO this is the one area they are too strong in. They should still spot but maybe only within 'x' range of the plane spotting the ship. The problem is that WGs spotting system seems to function on spaghetti code and they have massive issues playing with spotting if it isn't just 'reduce ship concealment'.

I would even go so far to say if they fixed this; they'd need to buff CV XP rewards again.

In summary, by all means 'come at me bro' with a rebuttle but I am yet to find someone who can (with evidence) correct my debunkem... They best I've seen boiled down to 'feelings' or 'enjoyment' and arguing based of feels over facts is a short road ending in a pit of despair.

couldnt have said it better myself

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×