Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tagnbag

Slava

41 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

253
[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
363 posts
8,571 battles

WeeGee heard us when we said how crappy and unexciting the matches were with the long range sniping meta. 

The Slava is inbound with super long range accuracy to counter those pesky long range snipers !  

 

Genius.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,289
[151ST]
Member
3,443 posts
11,651 battles

Well Soviet BBs already dominate close to mid range gameplay, so needed a BB to dominate the long range play as well...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[NASTY]
Member
38 posts
6,775 battles

Slavas gonna kick your butt if you snipe from far away with a broady. Though honestly I would rather play my Des Moines in close range...

 

Sniping was never my thing and would never be my thing. YEEET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
540
[SEARN]
Member
1,068 posts
17,277 battles

Dangnabbit WG  you made me have to change the meme.......

 

318088615_slavameme.png.d5425e43b4d88a84d8cc445aef80cc43.png

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[TR_MU]
Member
325 posts
7,043 battles

why i can't see Slava anywhere in armory section  ? Meantime i don't have research bureau section like 0.9.7 update introduction videos ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,527
[CLAY]
Member
3,168 posts
13,924 battles
17 hours ago, Tagnbag said:

WeeGee heard us when we said how crappy and unexciting the matches were with the long range sniping meta. 

The Slava is inbound with super long range accuracy to counter those pesky long range snipers !  

 

Genius.jpg

Maybe WG should introduce that wall of fire thing from savage battles into random...

That would probably help solve the sniping issue.... at the cost of “realism“ and kiting tactics...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
688
[MALD]
[MALD]
Member
709 posts
3,774 battles

Not to be an asshat or anything, but Slava's accuracy iirc is not that different compared to Champagne, so there's that.

But yeah, being broadside to a Slava and Thunderer (or anything, really) is an instant death sentence.

Edited by Earl_of_Arland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
540
[SEARN]
Member
1,068 posts
17,277 battles
55 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

Not to be an asshat or anything, but Slava's accuracy iirc is not that different compared to Champagne, so there's that.

But yeah, being broadside to a Slava and Thunderer (or anything, really) is an instant death sentence.

Outright accuracy yes.

But out to max range, the AP penetration and miniscule shell drag are a completely separate issue......... Thunderer struggles out to max range to get cits against BBs due to lower pen and much slower shells due to actually having air drag on the shells. Her shells are dropping while Slava's are still travelling fairly horizontal at a much higher speed.

Edited by HobartAWD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,533
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,773 posts
27,911 battles
1 hour ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

But yeah, being broadside to a Slava and Thunderer (or anything, really) is an instant death sentence.

X to doubt

thunderer has slow ass shells if you see them firing and you are in something that isn't a slow ass BB then there's a pretty good chance you'll survive them outside of 15km(which is the natural habitat of most thunderers tbh) because of the slow shell speed and somewhat questionable penn, slava will nail you even if she's at 20km with AP that ca defo pen you

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
568
[KAMI]
Member
1,567 posts
13,096 battles
2 hours ago, Neufert1 said:

why i can't see Slava anywhere in armory section  ? Meantime i don't have research bureau section like 0.9.7 update introduction videos ? 

is in research bureau and sold for 63k research point

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
768
[BLESS]
Member
1,412 posts
12,458 battles

The game survives Thunderer. And Kremlin. And Conqueror. And Shikishima (those boom sound effects tho!). Not to mention all the Russian railgun equipped cruisers. It'll survive Slava.

The worst off is once again the IJN cruisers. Fast, accurate long range BB guns make open water kiting very unpleasant, and it's already bad enough with the existing Russian battleships.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
688
[MALD]
[MALD]
Member
709 posts
3,774 battles

Slava is not up to it's glory status in the past (heheh, get it?), as the thing that makes her good in the past is her Kremlin hull and her guns. As now it's essentially a Champagne, that would lessen her assumed power at the end. I'm still rather taken abaft how such ship is seen as overpowered, as there's the same 406 mm sniper (albeit 3 less guns) on T8, and i've yet to seen World of Warships to be destroyed as many claimed.

Sure Russian performed above average, but it's not limited to them. Georgia and Thunderer exist, and they are at least more survivable than her. Besides, the common enemy of the common players is not Russian ships, but rather aircraft carriers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,152
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,475 posts
11,657 battles
3 hours ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

Not to be an asshat or anything, but Slava's accuracy iirc is not that different compared to Champagne, so there's that.

Slava has considerably better dispersion at range than Champagne.  It also has a much better vertical dispersion modifier, which when combined with the overall better dispersion and the flatter shell arc makes it hugely more accurate vertically.  Champagnes also gets slower shells with less pen than Slava, and of course three less guns. 

If you want the numbers, Champagne has super cruiser dispersion (same as Thunderer): 48m + 8.4m × Firing Range in km.  At 25km this gives her 258m horizontal dispersion.

Slava has her own dispersion formula: 105m + 5 x Firing Range in km.  At 25km this gives her 230m horizontal dispersion.  No other BB comes close to this.  For reference, a normal RN/US/KM BB would have 310m dispersion at this range.

Slava's guns are much better at their tier than Champagnes are at tier 8.  Champagne is also genuinely squishy, being easy to citadel while broadside, and particularly through the bow and stern with almost any BB.  Meanwhile Slava not so much, she is difficult to citadel at range even when broadside, as she shares Kremlin's heavily angled main belt, and she is next to impossible to citadel through the bow and stern due to her end cap armour that joins the fore and aft armour belts with a 420mm angled plate (not shown on the in-game viewer unfortunately, but they are most definitely there).  Also, Champagne has 52.6k health (extremely low for a tier 8), while Slava has 91.8k (okay for a tier 10).

Slava is a distinctly better ship than Champagne.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,152
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,475 posts
11,657 battles

@S0und_Theif I saw that review earlier today, and I have to ask - what is he talking about with the DCP and repair time thing?  The ship has an absolutely standard Repair Party, the same as most BB's in the game - 0.5% for 28s with an 80s c/d.  The DCP is also absolutely standard for a BB, with unlimited charges and an 80s c/d.  How exactly is this a negative? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,533
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,773 posts
27,911 battles
5 hours ago, Neufert1 said:

why i can't see Slava anywhere in armory section  ? Meantime i don't have research bureau section like 0.9.7 update introduction videos ? 

you're too new to get slava

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,273
[TLS]
Member
4,756 posts
21,081 battles
2 hours ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

Slava is not up to it's glory status in the past (heheh, get it?),

It is now a SlavE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,615
[-CAT-]
Member
3,276 posts
13,228 battles
1 hour ago, Moggytwo said:

@S0und_Theif I saw that review earlier today, and I have to ask - what is he talking about with the DCP and repair time thing?  The ship has an absolutely standard Repair Party, the same as most BB's in the game - 0.5% for 28s with an 80s c/d.  The DCP is also absolutely standard for a BB, with unlimited charges and an 80s c/d.  How exactly is this a negative? 

I am also speculating but,

I think Zoup is saying that Slava's consumable cooldown time takes longer vs the Kremlin as a "balans". Since Slava has already powerful guns.

I need confirmation since I am not in my comuter right now. Would ask if anyone could help confirm. Thanks in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,152
[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,475 posts
11,657 battles
31 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

I am also speculating but,

I think Zoup is saying that Slava's consumable cooldown time takes longer vs the Kremlin as a "balans". Since Slava has already powerful guns.

I need confirmation since I am not in my comuter right now. Would ask if anyone could help confirm. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I thought that might be possible too, but he goes on about both the Repair Party and the DCP, and anyway how could he possibly think that a stock standard DCP is what breaks the ship?  It's completely bizarre.

It reminds me of this:

Sideburns.gif.1db2b06ad7601cdc7044d04290201b99.gif

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,289
[151ST]
Member
3,443 posts
11,651 battles
2 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Yeah, I thought that might be possible too, but he goes on about both the Repair Party and the DCP, and anyway how could he possibly think that a stock standard DCP is what breaks the ship?  It's completely bizarre.

It reminds me of this:

Sideburns.gif.1db2b06ad7601cdc7044d04290201b99.gif

Zoup gets things wrong.

I'm still subbed just because I need more opinions on things that aren't flamu...

But I'm close to unsubbing, he's getting things wrong more often than right these days, not surprising considering he's taken a step back.

Flamu is right most of the time but his biases annoy me.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[TR_MU]
Member
325 posts
7,043 battles
4 hours ago, CV_NMSL said:

you're too new to get slava

🙂 when i can reach to slava ? also i can't see in any sections ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,068
[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,834 posts
8,580 battles
2 minutes ago, Neufert1 said:

🙂 when i can reach to slava ? also i can't see in any sections ? 

Its in the Research Bureau. 63,000 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[TR_MU]
Member
325 posts
7,043 battles
7 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Its in the Research Bureau. 63,000 points.

ok but my problem is ; i can't see research bureau section in armory  and slava 🙂 what  i'm doing wrong ? 

Edited by Neufert1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×