You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Katori

OG Belfast and Oklahoma are coming!

44 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
3,408 posts
16,002 battles

phpbkiePD

phplBmLDC

340?cb=20200330144351

THIS IS IT LADS. THE BELFAST 43 WILL HAVE TORPEDOES AND OKLAHOMA!

Oklahoma is predicted to be the reward for the USN Battleship split line.

Edited by IJN_Katori
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
3,408 posts
16,002 battles

BELFAST HAS RETURNED 

ALL HAIL THE MAID! 

F2HIHWLJWGNYZIL.gif?auto=webp 

Edited by IJN_Katori
  • Cool 1

[TLS]
5,043 posts
21,516 battles

You do realise that Belfast at T8 does not have the same OPness as it at T7?

[LBAS]
3,408 posts
16,002 battles
8 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

You do realise that Belfast at T8 does not have the same OPness as it at T7?

Ah yes let the argument begin starting this "who is best Belfast" debate war.

• Funny 1

[LBAS]
3,408 posts
16,002 battles

Someone made a derailment but that will be only briefly. 

This Belfast is under a new model with different modules as well as torpedoes. Unlike this Belfast. Belfast 43 is based on the same Belfast IRL and comes with a Hangar Catapult, Surveillance Radar and a smoke screen which mostly common and used by British Destroyers and HMS London.

Her 152mm armament have higher HE Damage than the current tier VII Belfast.

[AN-DO]
Beta Tester
1,993 posts
6,625 battles
11 minutes ago, IJN_Katori said:

Someone made a derailment but that will be only briefly. 

This Belfast is under a new model with different modules as well as torpedoes. Unlike this Belfast. Belfast 43 is based on the same Belfast IRL and comes with a Hangar Catapult, Surveillance Radar and a smoke screen which mostly common and used by British Destroyers and HMS London.

Her 152mm armament have higher HE Damage than the current tier VII Belfast.

Still aint satisfied with 43 belfast. I got a regular belfast .whats the point...

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
3,584 posts
14,078 battles

One large size buy one take one pizza please.

Cheese and Peperoni flavor. Extra thicc crust. 🤤

belfast.thumb.jpg.d08cba3b369e4d63d5eb43e4b567b1e3.jpg

1935123946_extrathicc.jpg.c2914199672e5b17635595efb8e94696.jpg

Back to our regular show forum, Wave 4?

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Funny 3

[TLS]
5,043 posts
21,516 battles

Despite "buffing" it, it is in T8, the death tier. It is no longer a "special ship" in its tier, rather it is just another non-tech tree ship. T7 belfast is unique in that nothing in its tier or below could effectively counter it.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
3,584 posts
14,078 battles
1 hour ago, Verytis said:

Wait, new Belfast has less armour than Edinburgh and no heal?

Not only that, WG is also signalling that they can make the same ships with a year model attached.

Just like a car.

Sooooo......... W. Virginia 1944?

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,321 posts
14,421 battles
2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Despite "buffing" it, it is in T8, the death tier. It is no longer a "special ship" in its tier, rather it is just another non-tech tree ship. T7 belfast is unique in that nothing in its tier or below could effectively counter it.

To be honest, I like that WG have essentially created another version of the ship, rather than nerfing the original (which I have), so I thank them for that.

I think the major issue for many about removing Belfast was that it was a real life historic ship, and many people wanted it as a collector. People got annoyed that it was removed, while many paper ships are introduced. Same with Missouri.

To satisfy these collectors, Belfast 43 does not need to be OP, it merely needs to be a “good ship”. Hopefully WG can manage this.

And for people who want it because it’s OP? Just wait until the next Russian premium.

• Cool 3

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,740 posts
5,872 battles

Is a scam, I'm not buying it.

I want tier 7 Cheatfast, all my tier 8 ships premium or not, get matched with tier 10s when the server population is below 10k, EVERY GAME.

This INCLUDES tier 10 cv, where my ships just get totally smashed, by everything tier 10.

I tried to trick WG MM at its own game, and play tier 10 ships early in morning, and WHAT DO I GET???? ( spolier alert special treatment here):

Reduced teams ALL tier 10 battles....7 vs 7 on my x2 xp bonus games.....

I want tier 8 premium ships to farm credits and train captains skills, but sadly my tier 8s are just food for rude tier 10 players who manipulate the low server numbers to easily dominate lower tier victims.

The same been happening in WoT for YEARS.

On NA server in 2012, players would go mental at players who bought a tier 10 to a game when there was less than 5k server population.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,515 posts
12,172 battles

I know Belfast is a bit too strong at tier 7, but Belfast 43 will definitely be receiving some buffs before release, given she is worse than the tier 7 version but a tier higher.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,096 posts
14,086 battles

I'm not trying to be picky here, but can't WG just make a different variant of Town-class CL instead?

The naming alone would cause some confusion.

But if the AL perma camo that people get from the bundles can be used on this ship, it might be the saving grace (although I doubt it)

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland

[LBAS]
3,408 posts
16,002 battles
1 hour ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

if the AL perma camo that people get from the bundles can be used on this ship, it might be the saving grace (although I doubt it)

Manjuu at least have a plan for that. They also plan to have camo skins for this Belfast. I mean WG had a fetish for Maids lol :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,096 posts
14,086 battles
8 minutes ago, IJN_Katori said:

Manjuu at least have a plan for that. They also plan to have camo skins for this Belfast. I mean WG had a fetish for Maids lol :Smile_hiding:

Ironically Manjuu came up with this version of Belfast ages ago.

Someone better tell WG to about Sheffield, they're missing out the real stuff!:Smile_hiding:

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland
  • Funny 1

[CLAY]
3,321 posts
14,421 battles
1 hour ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

I'm not trying to be picky here, but can't WG just make a different variant of Town-class CL instead?

The naming alone would cause some confusion.

But if the AL perma camo that people get from the bundles can be used on this ship, it might be the saving grace (although I doubt it)

It’s the name ( and accurate model) that people want. Like Missouri, Belfast is a real life Museum Ship, people have seen her, been on her, know her history. They want to own and play this famous ship, and being unable to, despite her actually being in the game, because WG made her too op and then removed her, is a little unfair.

• Cool 3

[LBAS]
3,408 posts
16,002 battles
4 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Nobody talks about Oklahoma yet.

I guess the PTSD from Nevada has spread to here:Smile_trollface:

Oklahoma design is from 1943. But still. It's a good rendition of the Oklahoma Battleship that what if Oklahoma survived from a torpedo hit. Like the Arizona

There is a huge possible chance we might get WV1944, Ise and Tone.

EDIT: Maryland can be one of the Research Burnheap Ships. One of the Colorado class battleship with 12.7cm auxillaries.

Edited by IJN_Katori

[KAMI]
530 posts
6,381 battles
5 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

It’s the name ( and accurate model) that people want. Like Missouri, Belfast is a real life Museum Ship, people have seen her, been on her, know her history. They want to own and play this famous ship, and being unable to, despite her actually being in the game, because WG made her too op and then removed her, is a little unfair.

Considering what happened to Yuudachi, I don't have high hopes for a ship thats wanted because of its name. But at least its not IJN so it might not get hammered too bad.

[MALD]
[MALD]
711 posts
4,169 battles

I'm very disappointed. I mean, it's literally Edinburgh's Hull A copy-pasted with gimmicks.

Why not Sheffield? Shiny Sheff would make more sense as she's more accomplished, and at least has sufficient difference compared to Edinburgh (being shorter).

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,096 posts
14,086 battles
47 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

I'm very disappointed. I mean, it's literally Edinburgh's Hull A copy-pasted with gimmicks.

Why not Sheffield? Shiny Sheff would make more sense as she's more accomplished, and at least has sufficient difference compared to Edinburgh (being shorter).

Yup the Brits had a lot of CLs that accomplished more than Belfast did. She was just lucky to get enough funds to be turned into a museum ship.

It's like Hood being overglorified although the others like Warspite accomplished more than just steamrolling the unprepared French fleet at the Mediterranean, and end up being "Fun & Engaging" target on Denmark Strait.

I mean sure Belfast deserves her popularity, but we are going to the point as if the others are too irrelevant to be included into the game. If WG really intends to cater to those Belfast lovers, they could just begin selling the T7 Belfast again, with B hull option (using the T8 configuration). As @dejiko_nyosaid, you can't break something that is already broken, except into tinier pieces. The damage is already done after all.