You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
CaptainZade_

Buffalo: A Mediocre Seattle /s

7 comments in this topic

50 posts
1,741 battles

Title's sarcastic lol, Buffalo's better

So I started grinding for the Baltimore since I see that Des Moines is still a good ship and that Baltimore is my only other T8 cruiser aside from CM and Cleveland. I'm doing well in it so far and I want to know how the Buffalo is, I've heard people that say it's good, and the opposite. So how should I play it then? Almost the same as the Baltimore or..?

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
6,283 posts
34,790 battles

I like Buffalo.

She has straight forward no nonsense firepower. Forget torpedoes and secondaries. Just aim straight and shoot with the right ammo loaded. 

Mmmm hmmm, them American Piercing shells - love it.

Her playstyle feels a lot like Alaska to me - in that she can repsond to any situation and any target - she always has something she can do.

American Trademark AA of course which means CVs stay away if they are smart or die if they aren't.

I play her as support - I look for someone doing something and I go help them. Hydro and Radar means you are an asset whatever you are doing.

YMMV but Buffalo is a Max Gudbote.

buff.png

50 posts
1,741 battles
9 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

I like Buffalo.

She has straight forward no nonsense firepower. Forget torpedoes and secondaries. Just aim straight and shoot with the right ammo loaded. 

Mmmm hmmm, them American Piercing shells - love it.

Her playstyle feels a lot like Alaska to me - in that she can repsond to any situation and any target - she always has something she can do.

American Trademark AA of course which means CVs stay away if they are smart or die if they aren't.

I play her as support - I look for someone doing something and I go help them. Hydro and Radar means you are an asset whatever you are doing.

YMMV but Buffalo is a Max Gudbote.

buff.png

Hopefully I don't get overhyped for the Buffalo like I did for the Henri, Alsace, and Republique. But from yer statement I can see that I'll probably enjoy the Buffalo once I'm done with the Balti

• Cool 1

[TLS]
5,766 posts
23,873 battles

France is an okay battleship at T10. It is only hampered by the low HP pool and squishyness. While it lacks guns, it makes up in accuracy.

HIV is an example of a ship concept done wrong and subsequently nerfed to hell. It should never have had both speed and gun range in the same package.

Alsace was good and better than France, but it got nerfed because it was too fun and it was literally a T9 buorgoninibewrwe.

6,872 posts
32,864 battles

play her like a cross between a zao and a alaska.

at the beginning of the match stay at longer ranges as you have enough guns and range to reliably output HE against BBs with just the FC upgrade, stack flags and DE to maximize spam.

when the BBs thin out a bit or if you know there aren't that many BBs around you can go lurk with AP and if you catch some cruiser that's not angled enough you can reliably whack him as hard, if not harder than some BBs or BCs can

Untitled.thumb.png.42b001a3d6be46909fd156e915119f6c.png

Edited by CV_NMSL
  • Cool 1

50 posts
1,741 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

France is an okay battleship at T10. It is only hampered by the low HP pool and squishyness. While it lacks guns, it makes up in accuracy.

HIV is an example of a ship concept done wrong and subsequently nerfed to hell. It should never have had both speed and gun range in the same package.

Alsace was good and better than France, but it got nerfed because it was too fun and it was literally a T9 buorgoninibewrwe.

I don't know what kind of Republique ya got but for me the accuracy is very horrendous, I always thought that Henri would still be a good ship post-nerf because I've seen people play it and do good even after the nerf, and for me, the Alsace is still more fun and better than Republique. If only I had enough steel for Bourgogne I would actually like the French BBs again