kongman

rules/balance issues that should be implemented .

37 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

1. any ship shooting from inside smoke is revealed , thats shooting only not dropping torps .

2. AA needs ro be buffed . on all ships 

3. running into the blue line you should stop dead and need to reverse out then carry on .

4. torp reloads nead to be about twice as long as they are now .(not on torp bombers) 

5.commander skills need to be a lot clearer on how they work , and we need more skills on some levels . 

6.torp malfuntions need to be brought into the game , 10% chance of a dud.

cant think of anymore for now , i was writing some down . will post more later 

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

Excuse me, have you seen USN cruisers? Have you seen what they do to anything that flies?

4. torp reloads nead to be about twice as long as they are now

Enjoy your 4 minute reload time at tier X. How about no? Also, didn't we discuss this countless times already?

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Excuse me, have you seen USN cruisers? Have you seen what they do to anything that flies?

Enjoy your 4 minute reload time at tier X. How about no? Also, didn't we discuss this countless times already?

lol sorry , you can do 20 k damage for each torp hit , so dont come crying about you long reload

so how will you fix how op dd are . 

Edited by kongman

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

hmm AA on us ships is pretty close to the mark , thay can knock out 1, maybe 2 planes

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

lol sorry , you can do 20 k damage for each torp hit , so dont come crying about you long reload

Ok, I'll bite.

Des Monies does almost 50K with each AP salvo. Just over 8K DPS. Now, your suggestion: 15x20K torps with 4 minute reload, a 1.2K DPS. Not even talking about hit chances. Do you see a problem here?

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

ok ill give you normal torp reloads , if we can spot destroyers properly , not the broken spotting mechanics they have now .

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Ok, I'll bite.

Des Monies does almost 50K with each AP salvo. Just over 8K DPS. Now, your suggestion: 15x20K torps with 4 minute reload, a 1.2K DPS. Not even talking about hit chances. Do you see a problem here?

ya , thx , that was one of my ships on the list , it is broken i agree 
Edited by kongman

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

It's not just DM. Senjou, Gearing and Yamato all have about ~4K gun DPS. Shimakaze has 2K, plus another 2K (realistically, much less) with torpedoes. Now you want to cut that by half and increase spotting distance?

Have you been catching a lot of torps lately? Why all the hate?

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

It's not just DM. Senjou, Gearing and Yamato all have about ~4K gun DPS. Shimakaze has 2K, plus another 2K (realistically, much less) with torpedoes. Now you want to cut that by half and increase spotting distance?

yamato should have a lot of dps , look at the size of the guns . these are my idea , but they wont get implimentented anyway , but meh its good to discuss ways of balancing the game .

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

no not really , get hit by the manual torp drop people , and there is no way to dodge those , most of time time its easy to dodge torps from dd , its just spotting them , the spotting mechanics in the game a crap , just like WOT was for a while 

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

no not really , get hit by the manual torp drop people , and there is no way to dodge those , most of time time its easy to dodge torps from dd , its just spotting them , the spotting mechanics in the game a crap , just like WOT was for a while 

So how will increasing the DD torp reload times twofold, as per your suggestion, solve the spotting issue?

If you ask me, the Type 93 are way easier to spot then they should be, but I am biased, and I feel sorry for BB players, so I am not whining about suggesting to decrease oxygen torpedo acquisition distance.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

1. WG will probably nerf firing camo value, just like what they did with WoT.

2. I don't think this is good for high tier Carriers, their planes get chewed up really quick if enemies stick together.

3 . WG already took note of this and planned some measures to be implemented later to stop this abuse.

4. We can nerf reload on tier2-5 ships fine, but after that no. Higher tier DD only has torp to do their work, especially with upcoming armor buff that'll further negate their pea shooter guns, don't take away their only weapon.

5. There are topics discussing that, WG took note of it.

6. No just no, adding more RNG to the game is not a good idea, it reduces the value of player skill.

so how will you fix how op dd are . 

Tell me how do you land that 20k hit, especially on higher tiers where torpedoes are spotted 5-10km away enough for almost anything to dodge all of them. Also, that 20k is max damage, most of the time it doesn't reach that value because bigger ships have torpedo bulge, while smaller ships have speed and maneuverability.

Also, tell me how OP DD are, with their 2-3 minutes reload timer and low hitting chance. Don't count on players tunnel visioning and poor map awareness to back your argument.

hmm AA on us ships is pretty close to the mark , thay can knock out 1, maybe 2 planes

Tell me which ships, high tier ones.

ok ill give you normal torp reloads , if we can spot destroyers properly , not the broken spotting mechanics they have now .

Smoke needs a bit more balancing, but DD's default camo I think they are fine.

yamato should have a lot of dps , look at the size of the guns . these are my idea , but they wont get implimentented anyway , but meh its good to discuss ways of balancing the game .

So you plan to give the ship with biggest gun, longest range, most armor and heath even more DPM. Okay then, biased much.

You already admitted it's easy to dodge DD torp, then why suggest nerfing DD torp reload? DD torp spotting is based on the range percentage, if they launch at distance you can see them coming and have enough time to do evasive maneuvers. If torps are dropped close, you have little chance to dodge but that's your fault for letting a DD get close.

Airplane manual torp drop can be unavoidable, but there are ways to reduce its effect in your BB.

Also, air-dropped torpedo are slower than ship-launched torp, you can turn away from them with plenty of time to correct your dodge.

DD have no problem dodging aerial torp. CA can just turn on their AA Barrage and watch planes burn, even if some planes drop their pay load the CA has little trouble dodging them. 

Right now most CV have enough AA to fend off against carrier planes, especially high tier ones. Plus, they have fighters to defend themselves or shoot enemy's bombers down before they get close.

And of course the most important thing: If you can dodge all aerial torpedoes, even from a well-placed manual drop, then how do you make Carriers useful?

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Every torpedo fired is an increase on ammunition resupply for a high tier destroyer. This cost is way way way higher than any of the cruisers and battleships who can spam their shots throughout the game.

Take that in account for the high reload times and high torpedo detection radius, and you are complaining about something which you have not tried using yet.

I would suggest if you try to at least use those ships you are complaining about before posting these useless forum debates.

Edited by Halken_Sky

Alpha Tester
2,046 posts
277 battles

1. any ship shooting from inside smoke is revealed , thats shooting only not dropping torps .

3. running into the blue line you should stop dead and need to reverse out then carry on .

4. torp reloads nead to be about twice as long as they are now .(not on torp bombers) 

5.commander skills need to be a lot clearer on how they work , and we need more skills on some levels . 

And looks like someone's been eating a lot of cold hard torpedoes. :E

Alpha Tester
71 posts
502 battles

Prior to radar laid guns smoke should be a two way thing, it hides you from the enemy but also hides them from you. 

DanJar

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Prior to radar laid guns smoke should be a two way thing, it hides you from the enemy but also hides them from you. 

DanJar

If you ever played a high tier Dd hiding In your smoke screen alone with no friendlies around and no plane to help you Spot surrounding enemies.

You would know that that is already in the game.

Edited by Halken_Sky

Alpha Tester
71 posts
502 battles

If you ever played a high tier Dd hiding In your smoke screen alone with no friendlies around and no plane to help you Spot surrounding enemies.

You would know that that is already in the game.

I was responding to the OP's #1.

DanJar

Super Tester
2,725 posts

1. I thought it did already on any ships? Most of my encounters were newbie DDs thinking they're invisible when firing their main gun & AA while under cover of their smoke screen.

2. Still questionable on this one, as my Cruiser already trained to its Commander's to get most AA skill. Those 2 skills combined it with AA complex equipments & active skill == gg one squadron

3. That issue really need to be solve BY THE PLAYERS!!!

4. (=____=) Like seriously? Twice? How can the Destroyers be useful instead of being a cannon fodder? And us, Japanese Cruisers which is 1.7x longer reload than Destroyers. & I wanted to use my torpedoes often on my Cruisers.

5. That need reason why it's not enough....

6. And this realistic request again.... for the nth time, this is arcade-based game. If you want realism (and I know you do), you gotta find other simulator especially "Not WoWs".

Edited by Mingfang47

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,971 battles

Torpedoes do high damage, yes.

But they move slower than a shell flying through the air, only travel on one dimension, reload slower than shells and have warning signals.

Really, it's time to stop whining about them because the highest damage dealers are BB's.  DD's are glass cannons at best.  Double the reload time?  May as well remove DD's from the game.  Then what do Cruisers do, nothing?  Remove them and let's have World of Battleships vs Carriers.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Basically this post come from a BB player who got frequently get killed by Torp

TORP THAT SUPPOSEDLY TO KILL BATTLESHIP

Beta Tester
146 posts
327 battles

1. Don't they already do this? 

2. Extended firing range maybe, but damage no.

The good news though, is that devs are aware of this, and has a perfect remedy for it : When you get to the blue line marking the edge of the map, Autopilot will take over, and prevent you from steering, shooting or otherwise operate the ship, untill such time the Autopilot has turned your direction away from the blue edge line, and you are steaming away from the border.

It will be implemented within the CBT timeframe.

4. NO!!! 

5. Devs are working on it.

6. No!!! 

Alpha Tester
210 posts
4,306 battles

6.torp malfunctions need to be brought into the game , 10% chance of a dud.

1.Ffrom my own experience, only the IJN destroyers get spotted when firing their main guns and AA, US destroyers and any cruisers sitting inside the smoke dont get spotted. It seems that everyones getting very varying results from it. a Side note, the only other issue i have with smoke at the moment, is being able to tell whether or not youre inside the smoke screen. Sometimes, my screens been greyed out while being outside of the smoke, and being clear while inside it. It just screws with you IMHO. Id just like to have a way of properly telling whether im in the smoke or not, like some sort of ring around it or something.

2. I personally dont think so. Ground based and ship borne AA wasent the most effective, they missed 90% of the time, so right now i think its just fine, if you want aircraft to be completely destroyed, thats on the friendly Carrier players, and cruisers shoulders, not yours. A cruiers ability can either destroy an entire wing, or at the very least make their torps extremely spread out, making them very easy to dodge even for a Battleship, and even if they hit, it would be 2 or 3 at the most. While being bomber torps, theyre also not as dangerous as a Destroyers, especially in low numbers.

3. yyyyyyyyeah nah. It does mess around with destroyers torpedo aim assist, sure, but they arent strictly run aground, and it could take forever for say a battleship (theyre the ones most often doing it...) to reverse and get back on track, which makes it a fine line between survival and death. so no, if you cant tell that hes on the line, which way hes turning, and where to adjust your sights to shoot him, thats your problem.

4. Twice as long? no. Perhaps 10-30 seconds, maybe. They do do massive damage, granted, but for IJN DDs thats all they can rely on. Their turrets turn so slowly, that if they had to wait 3-4 minutes to reload, theyre basically a waste of space. US DDs on the other hand, wouldnt make a difference, as their torpedoes are absolutely pathetic against anything that isnt an enemy destroyer. So again, no, not twice as long.

5. I can agree with this. For example, Vigilance. Some will argue that by "+20% torpedo acquisition range", means either YOU SPOT the torpedoes at a longer distance, or you have EXTRA RANGE on your DDs torpedoes. Look at the 6th upgrade for a tier 9/10, "+20% maximum acquisition range". Clearly, that means YOU have a longer view range, but when you look from that back to Vigilance, which is it meaning by "torpedo acquisition? (at this point, im thinking is YOU SPOT the torpedoes further away).

6. yyyyyyyyyeah no. Once again, as stated in this thread, and many others like it = if youre getting hit too often by torpedoes, thats YOUR problem for not dodging them, and not spotting the danger when TBs are coming your way, a DDs going braodside to you, or an IJN cruiser is turning away from you. YOU need to learn to spot the danger, and act accordingly. Even IF there are no torpedoes actually being fired, its better safe than sorry.

Edited by Cyanide7662