You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Velvet_Scarlantina

The BB question

48 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

I've lurked here long enough to see all the torpedo and DD hate campaign but one thing that I don't see is BB hate campaign.

I notice that in game, BB captains LOVE having rave parties on islands or Admiral's conference at the blue line or they simply don't show up to battle. And also, they love to go to torpedo alleys and get torped to death. Won't be surprised that it's these people that are the biggest proponents of the DD and torpedo hate campaign.

The thing is, for almost every single solo sessions, I get put into such teams and MM expects my CA or DD or CV to babysit them.

Has the high gross tonnage or thick armour of BBs impaired BB captains? I'm thoroughly inclined to think that way. If any BB players don't agree with me or have something strong to say, please do. I'm all ears.

P.S. Thanks to such BB players, I have a very adverse and prejudiced view towards BB. So much so that I've mothballed my Fuso anf Kongo. They're waiting to possibly be scrapped once Mommy Hosho and her GLORIOUS FLAT daughters come online.

UE7Oiy7.png

FMLVFGX.png

"Don't worry... Flatness appeals to other groups of people as well"

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

im an aggresive bb user who always charge or stay near the base objective So i guess imma sit in the corner and watch this thread from afar :hiding:

Edit: dont blame me if im mostly blown up early from keeping near the caping cruisers and dd and like to feast in the enemy dd hahaha

Edited by Ryusuke_ShireiKan

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

im an aggresive bb user who always charge or stay near the base objective So i guess imma sit in the corner and watch this thread from afar :hiding:

Edit: dont blame me if im mostly blown up early from keeping near the caping cruisers and dd and like to feast in the enemy dd hahaha

For those Nelsons, you have my respect. It's the others that I have an issue with. Like how people unfairly look atDDs and torpedoes campaigning for nerf

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

For those Nelsons, you have my respect. It's the others that I have an issue with. Like how people unfairly look atDDs and torpedoes campaigning for nerf

dd not really an issue sometimes, i can sink an enemy dd if the cap'n really nervous and miss its torps and bb was made to sustain a few torp hits but if fail then ill be meeting some underwater fish friends. But if they nerf the dd then dd will nothing more like a pt boat, since dd specialty is torps then its given that their torps are op and i like that. I think they havent yet experience torp hits from 6 squadrons from multiple cv since most of those scared bb are in the blue line and waiting to fiest on low hp ships. Funny to think those player thought their bb was some thinned layered ship, even though bb was made for an agressive and hard hitting exchange of fire that why she was eqquiped with thick layered and big guns. Pity on those blue line camper for not using their ships full potential while letting caping ships lays underfire without cover, a shameful display

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Can't blame some BB captains from being cautious, given that some cruisers can completely batter them into submission in the current game build. Seriously hope the armour rework can solve that.

But those BB captains that turn away even though they outnumber the enemies on that flank just because they don't want to take fire, and insist on shooting at 15km+ ranges? Shamefur dispray indeed.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

Bb drivers seem  to think that they have to stay 20 miles away from anything.  They display no tactical sense, map awareness or willingness to close and engage enemies, and choose to huddle somewhere away from and point of value on the maps.   It's another human factor that is poisoning the enjoyment of the game.

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

For every round I try to have some hopes of decent BB captains but the bulk that I get teamed up with really gives all BBs a bad name. No doubt that there are good BB captains but the sheer amount of battlesheeps ruins the good name

13 posts
38 battles

I'm sorry for butting in your topic ( I might as well get hated for it ) but I have a question, do you have to purchase a certain ship in order to use it ?

I mean y'know, pre order includes ships as well as codes

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

I'm sorry for butting in your topic ( I might as well get hated for it ) but I have a question, do you have to purchase a certain ship in order to use it ?

if u buy preorder u will also get CBT access

[REACH]
Beta Tester
107 posts
2,227 battles

from observation

Kawachi is a joke, its almost free kill

Myogi captains thinks their invincible

Kongou captains i imagine shouting BAAAAHNNINGG RAAABB! everytime they engage.

Fuso captains tend to play it safe at a distance always.

Its only when their in a Nagato when I usually see BB captains play smart. probably because the Nagato from what reviews say is underwhelming compared to the fire power of Fuso and the speed of Kongo.

Edited by piaya

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

As a BB player i say it just some bad people control BB that make BB image go bad :V

i hardly camp at blue line, go cap and be the shield of the team most of the time (and then i die)

sometime i even curse DD and CA for they shoot torp when i was like 4 km next to them :V

plz ppl, if you gonna hate BB then hate the only bad side of it, dont deny BB role in the game

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Well, it is  how the current gameplay that make most BB players how they are. As a very good BB player (See stats), I too have sometimes decided that even if I am called a camper, my odds of survival and the odds of me actually helping the team is to stick together with the campers. Sometime my camping helped saved the team cause a few times I was actually able to turn back and defend cap from multiple ship cause our team decided to leave one side of the map totally undefended.

Go alone? No support? You will get sunk by CA DD CV or Concentrated BB fire from the other side cause you are well, the closer one than the rest of the campers. Usually at the start I tend to stick together with other BB or if a group of CA and DD are advancing up a flank I will follow. But if you played a BB, they have a turning radius of football fields and most map have places that make maneuvering nearly impossible (Ice Map I'm looking at you).

Until the meta game for WoWS change, BB will always be camping at the back.

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

You have to buy ships to use it, but there are 2 types:

- Regular ships that you buy with in-game currency that you get via normal playing/grinding.

- Premium ships that you buy with real money.

Right now the game is under closed testing, in order to play you need to get an invite code (various means, you can go look for it), or buy a pre-order ship. The access will last until the CBT phase is finished, in which then the game will then go in to OBT phase which will be available to everyone for free. You can buy a pre-order ship (remember, SHIP, not gold) to play now or wait until the game goes into OBT in about several months.

Back to the main topic: I don't know what to deal with the far back camping habit of BB players. If there are anything to be done to solve it it should be WG's turn, as it has to be enforced via game mechanics.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

damn... I'm one of the crazy and reckless ones in a BB as well although I find it rare to see BB's go full bottlesheep (can someone make a "you just went full bottlesheep. never go full bottlesheep" meme please?) and I'm no stranger to other cap ships blasting us in the battle line. 

there's also the notion that BB's are "lone wolves that can solo flippin cruiser battlegroups and destroyer divisions all firing guns and torpedoes because "hurr bottlesheep is the biggest bad durr".

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

I do acknowledge not all BB captains are not battlesheeps but the majority of them are battlesheeps and they really really give BBs a bad name.

I still view BBs with prejudice and biasness.

That aside... What really ticks me off, aside from blue lining, is to see BBs going down narrow channels and get torped in torp alley

Super Tester
1,677 posts

because of the mentality that the battleship is THE ultimate surface ship killer and that it has the armor to back it up. silly things such as torpedoes are a poor man's weapon because they know that they can never withstand the sheer damage a battleship can deal to anything short of itself and it should not be capable of destroying the most mightiest capital ship in the damn battlegroup thats why they resort to cheap tricks like torpedoes because nuthin' hurts the battleship save other battleships, nuthin.

bias or not, sadly, that's the truth about battleships playing as bottlesheeps. that mentality is whats making the battleship sullied as bottle sheeps.

like it or not I too fear that once CBT goes OBT, the amount of bottlesheeps will actually skyrocket and this is coming from one who sails in BB's. although I'll probably warn you of the immense things bottlesheeps will pour red whine from:

- the buffing of the damn capital ships

- the nerfing of the torpedoes (which is currently on hot water, with or without)

- the absolute nerfing of anything that has tubes and torpedoes because its 'OP'

IMHO, they don't probably know the blissful feeling of having cruisers fly swat as you focus on blasting the shit out of their own batleships thats why they either get railed by torpedo squadrons and destroyer units firing fish at them since cruisers are the ones that usually sink DD's.

derp.exe stopped working.

Alpha Tester
93 posts
3 battles

I've lurked here long enough to see all the torpedo and DD hate campaign but one thing that I don't see is BB hate campaign.

Because BB sux, simple as that. It doesn't take a genius to realize how awful BB is.

And with how the game's doing, it probably will continue being so until OBT, and then you'll see the massive nerf on other class because, once again, BB sux.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Wasn't there BB hate at the first few weeks of CBT when every CA and DD was saying they keep getting 1shotted by BBs. :popcorn:

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Wasn't there BB hate at the first few weeks of CBT when every CA and DD was saying they keep getting 1shotted by BBs. :popcorn:

they should be able to one shot you , have you ever seen the size of a bb shell .