Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Research Beeurrueau and Legendary Modules

8 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,158 posts
23,954 battles

Aaaaaand done.
857511846_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_07.12-02_37_52_77.thumb.png.72489ccf97b751b74fa518a71e2a6fce.png

Actually second time I have researched Wooster but first time I bought and played.

I spent the points I was going to spend on Ohio on Siegfried - points well spent I feel.

That left me with just one more ship to get which would give me enough to buy one Legendary Module.

And here I am with that decision upon me.

I am working on the 5 step missions for Montana, Grosser Knackwurst and Des Memes - I intend to get them the hard way before they run out.

I already have Gearing's Legendary Module.

I have Hindenburg and Moskva in port with no Legendaries and no missions.

I have enough to buy one module and I'm not all that keen on the regrind it takes to buy another just yet - not until I get another TX that I am excited about.

So... do I just buy the Hindy one?

Or do I buy one and keep it in stock until I get the right TX ship for it?

I've read Hindy's is one of the better ones - if so, I should just grab it and whack it in now yes?

[SEARN]
1,077 posts
17,509 battles
10 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

So... do I just buy the Hindy one?

Or do I buy one and keep it in stock until I get the right TX ship for it?

I've read Hindy's is one of the better ones - if so, I should just grab it and whack it in now yes?

To be perfectly honest with you I would be very hesitant regarding legend mods. They are hideously expensive for an alternate way to play a certain ship. If i want an alternate play style I go and play a different ship. This is entirely free and does not cost me a ridiculous 19200 research points.

Plus their performance is being monitored constantly and as per the recent UU changes it is highly likely that the UU you buy now will not be the same UU in the future and there is nothing you can do about it. Refunds not accepted. So far the only ships with an unchanged UU are Hindy, Gearing and Conq.

The ones that were awful before WG started tinkering to make them more popular and/or useful are now complete trash and even worse than before as WG nerfed many values that were of highly questionable usefulness already. Or they nerfed the one parameter that made a UU kinda sorta ok.

I have many but was lucky to have them all through the missions and not RB. I have almost completely removed them from all my ships. The only ones I still use are Shima, Moskva, Yamato, Conqueror and Hindy. Yes the Hindy one is ok. However i would expect it to be nerfed in the future due to it now being clearly one of the better ones. For the removal of your concealment mod you get all positives. Most other ships get some other negative to go with all the positives.

There are more UU changes coming and new ones for ships that have been in game a long time and still without a UU.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/44

WG explaining how UU performance is calculated and reasoning behind changing or not changing a UU.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/30

Edited by HobartAWD
  • Cool 1

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,158 posts
23,954 battles
4 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

To be perfectly honest with you I would be very hesitant regarding legend mods. They are hideously expensive for an alternate way to play a certain ship. If i want an alternate play style I go and play a different ship. This is entirely free and does not cost me a ridiculous 19200 research points.

Plus their performance is being monitored constantly and as per the recent UU changes it is highly likely that the UU you buy now will not be the same UU in the future and there is nothing you can do about it. Refunds not accepted. So far the only ships with an unchanged UU are Hindy, Gearing and Conq.

The ones that were awful before WG started tinkering to make them more popular and/or useful are now complete trash and even worse than before as WG nerfed many values that were of highly questionable usefulness already. Or they nerfed the one parameter that made a UU kinda sorta ok.

I have many but was lucky to have them all through the missions and not RB. I have almost completely removed them from all my ships. The only ones I still use are Shima, Moskva, Yamato, Conqueror and Hindy. Yes the Hindy one is ok. However i would expect it to be nerfed in the future due to it now being clearly one of the better ones. For the removal of your concealment mod you get all positives. Most other ships get some other negative to go with all the positives.

There are more UU changes coming and new ones for ships that have been in game a long time and still without a UU.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/44

WG explaining how UU performance is calculated and reasoning behind changing or not changing a UU.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/30

I might wait and see what happens then.

[SEARN]
1,077 posts
17,509 battles
3 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

I might wait and see what happens then.

Hindys UU will be the same for the time being. It has passed all of WGs checks to see if it was over performing and it was deemed not needing any changes.

For all I know it might never get changed. I'm just saying that if it ever does get changed it might well be rubbish compared to the UU you have bought right now for 19200 RB points.

I'm just still a bit sore about several things WG have changed without prior warning that have impacted me hard and caused me to waste resources in the past. They will do it again is all i am saying.

If you really enjoy Hindy and really want to get it, and the 19200 RB points is something you are fine with not worrying about, then get it now and enjoy it. :cap_like:

[K-O-F]
42 posts
10,544 battles

hey sorry to hijack your thread but i don get the multiplier like yours did, I only get once of the research points instead of double like you. Is it a bug?

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,158 posts
23,954 battles
3 hours ago, generalhetzer said:

hey sorry to hijack your thread but i don get the multiplier like yours did, I only get once of the research points instead of double like you. Is it a bug?

I always welcome hijackers. I am one myself. Just make sure you follow the "Hijackers' Code" (more like guidlines really).

Every 3 months (I think it is) you can get the x2 multiplier on a single line reset.

It should show up as an obvious multiplier.

I just looked - here's an example from my Tech Tree.

I have done a few lines now - which is why I have Siegfried and the points left over for a UU.

I'm pretty sure I have had multiuple x2 lines running at once so you can have multiple x2 lines regrinding simultaneously.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong or have misremembered.

rp.png

[MRI]
3,795 posts
16,860 battles
7 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

I'm pretty sure I have had multiuple x2 lines running at once so you can have multiple x2 lines regrinding simultaneously.

Yes you are right. You don't have to rush to redo the line before the new x2 bonus comes put.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this