Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

German CV event

7 comments in this topic

[BLESS]
1,463 posts
12,812 battles

I'm going to keep a neutral tone here as much as possible. I'm not especially interested in the items being sold, I'm just reporting an observation - that WG is gradually changing the events to selling players less and charging them more.

Specifically, players are being steered more and more into spending money on in-game consumables, like flags, camos, and premium time, by bundling up these items with a chance of getting missions for early access to tech tree ships, or some other lottery-like prize. Or, in the case where there is a permanent digital good, like a premium ship or a permacamo, players are paying more than the value of the ship or camo, an action justified by the inclusion of additional consumables in the package "deal".

Case in point, the four German T10 permacamo available for free if you can collect 600 tokens. Except, as others have already pointed out, it is impossible to collect 600 tokens for free. Instead, you have to buy a 7500 doubloon package which gives you missions than on completion will drop the required 600 tokens.

I remind you, fair reader, that the regular cost of a T10 permacamo is 5000 doubloons. There are a few special ones which are more expensive, like the space camo for Shimakaze, or the crazy Yamato one with the scorpion, but the German ones are really not so extraordinary, just a nice paint job. So you are paying 1.5x the cost of a regular permacamo, as well as being made to do the "work" as missions, for a very minimal cosmetic benefit.

Yeah, I know, WG have done this since way back up to a point, selling new ship bundles which cost more than the ship by adding in a 10 point captain, doubloons, or other items. But it's definitely getting way worse.

In fairness, the Dockyard event quite generously gave away a Graf Spee for free, without horrendous grind or demanding time gating. To all those aiming for Odin, though, I will simply quote Mr. T

"I pity the fool..."

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 3

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,158 posts
23,954 battles

I spend too much money on this game.

Sometimes I feel bad about it but meh, I'm a single man who lives alone and all my bills and rent are always paid.

FOMO sometimes gets the better of me.

I justify it by saying, "at least I'm not addicted to drugs and alcohol"... lame I know.

BUT, recently, though gambling still exists and many things are a gamble, I have noticed that WG is making the odds more obvious.

You truly have the choice whether or not you spend money on this game, I truly believe it is one of the real free to play games out there.

BUT

If you are buying gamble containers and there's no milk in the fridge for the kid's breakfast... well THAT may be an issue.

• Cool 1

[SALT]
2,123 posts
10,571 battles

Well, They have been slowly doing it from around 2  (?!?) Years ago.

there only small number of people even realize its "Early Access" . but most people celebrated they be given "Free"(with Caveat) tech tree ships.

What they doing now is basicly (not so) recenty is a Battle pass in common Gaming term. Shipyard and Milestone is technicly the same thing just with enhanched VIsuals. they just make add some RNG, to make it addictive - The fact that they continued to do so, mean its prob an effective strategy for This playerbase.

Because in most game you can totaly ignore battlepass, but the chance to strike it rich sure can be alluring for many people. (especialy for Eastern European Player and Asia Player that noticibly more accepted toward "Gacha" - There research to this lol (by gamer most beloved EA))

Edited by humusz
  • Cool 2

[BLESS]
1,463 posts
12,812 battles

10 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

BUT, recently, though gambling still exists and many things are a gamble, I have noticed that WG is making the odds more obvious.

Yes.. but mostly no. There were legal issues re. lootboxes, so WG changed it so you see the content of the random box before you pay, or, for crates, the content is clearly spelled out ... up to a point. The WH40K "pre-sale" event was pretty misleading, judging by the player reaction. The dockyard events are manipulative (sunk cost fallacy). The early access events are okay - if you have to have the ships before everyone else, that's your business - though WG really milks you for the privilege, much more now than originally when these events started.

But, credit where credit is due, the core game has remained free and not pay-to-win (no gold ammo), and while I spend money on the game in premium ships, premium time, and doubloons, since the infamous PR event I find it easier and easier to avoid being drawn into spending money on extraneous stuff like consumables, cosmetics, or "ship -of-the-week" events.

And also, again due credit to the recent abolition of premium consumables.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 2

[LBAS]
2,063 posts
3,738 battles

My Weeb friend : heey Skarhabek lend me monies, i need it

Skarhabek : you print monies Twice as mine, working more harder... Why the heck you went bankrupt

Friend : i am doing Skadi Gacha in FGO

Skarhabek : hueh, you are not the only one here, i am not getting eyjafjalla and blaze..... Damn already burn monies

Gaben : we know you are broke because gacha, here is Steam Summer sale!!!

WG : you spend monies on gacha?? Here we go Skarhabek, GERMAN CV EARLY ACCESS!!

Skarhabek : they said Champagne sux, could i get discount??? Why the hell I cannt use coupon, its also same like when i bought Orkan

WG : we nerf all AP bomb, include Graf Zeppelin, BUT WORRY NOT! T8 GERMAN CV TECH TREE HAVE HAKURYU AP BOMB. ITS MORE DAMN ACCURATE

EARLY ACCESS THE GERMAN CV!!!!

Skarhabek : Blaze is the last gacha, i am not gambling anymore.... 

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,684 posts
5,769 battles

I bought 15 ze german cv containers to emulate a famous CC you tube WOWSInfluencer.

He got the tier 8,6,4 cv.

I got tier 6,4.

I'm surprised they didn't data mine my account harder, and "randomly" rng me the tier 8, considering I cv a bit, and I'm now going to club $%#@ out of the lower tiers.

[BONED]
790 posts
9,757 battles
On 7/11/2020 at 11:12 PM, Max_Battle said:

If you are buying gamble containers and there's no milk in the fridge for the kid's breakfast... well THAT may be an issue.

Lol, i play pretty much entirely F2P and the milk in the fridge issue happens very frequently in the Puggs household regardless of gaming spend.

Monday morning, young Puggs gives the feedback "Dad we are out of milk" 

"But we had 6 litres on Friday night!"

"Yeah I know. We also need some Weetbix"

The only thing which slowed him down was the toilet paper issue during the first wave.....

Edited by Puggsley
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this