Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_GuMaYuSi_

Thunderer is making ASIA Random Battles become worse everyday

11 comments in this topic

[TLN]
10 posts
17,785 battles

Hello everyone, this is my first probal post for something in Forum, and I'm quite sad that my first post in here will be a rage post for the thing that I consider is a "bullshit" - Thunderer. 

First let me list down some obvious strengths + tiny down side of that thing:

-One of the stealthest BB in the game + ridiculous rudder.

- Improve Heal. 

- High HE Alpha and absurb fire changes (as expect from that nation line) but also good AP (normal fuse to make sure it won't perform crappy like Conqueror AP, good pen value, high alpha - 100 higher than Yamato???!!!!!)

- Of course those shells won't be problem if Thunderer guns is not one the the best BB guns in the game. Good reload, decent sigma (1.9) but with good dispersion if you compare it with other tier X BBs.  

And what are the trade off: 32mm plating + high citadels same as Conqueror .... pretty that all, fix me if i miss something. 

So with all of these, we obviously all know how to play that ship - engage in long range. And here come the issue - it performs "too well" and really frustrate to deal with in random battle. 

OK time to start my raging 🙂 :

How the **** you can deal as a BB when you go to a flank and enemy Thunderer alr sit in there, normally ~17-20 km from you and your teammates to neglect the taking damage, alr in kiting position ??!! You angle, it load HE and gib you ~10k dmg + extra fire(s) per salvos consistency thanks to the "absurb" accurate. Your BBs will be drained to death even Kreml, the most tanky BB in the game right now, and only Yam (or Shiki) can deal actual dmg to it since the overmatch, other lower calibers can be mitigated if Thunder user did pay attention and angle a bit, and maybe if your aiming is good then until you die in fires, Thunder may cost half HP (I'm spechless if you use Thunder against Thunder, it work also lol). The only way is you try to not engage with it and find some otherways to makeplay, but really really hard especially in cap control battle, when you usually need to cover your cruisers and DDs contest the cap, if you stay far away from Thunder in that game mode, it will be freely and easily load AP and rekt your cruisers.

Thunder just need to keep sniping like that for every 26s, and the outcome result for your team will be horrendous, big dmg, big rewards, less risk, is this somekind of balance?!!! I don't know how MM in other servers, but now in Asia, always appear 2 to 3 Thunderer in 1 side per game, I dont blame ppl for using it since it easy to buy with Coal for a "hard to master but easy to play" ship  , who dont like accurate guns as a BB player and actually can deal with enemy Thunderer lmao. But be honestly,  Thunderer in my opinion is killing the gameplay of other BB lines such as GK, Mon, Kreml, ... Who in GK or Kreml want to run in a game which has 2 Thunderers, few other HE spammers + Venezia 😞 You can argue that a lot other BBs also support long range engage but they all get fair trade off: Conque has shitty AP + troll dispersion, Slava now cant tank shit with 25mm armor, Repu only rely on Speed to dodge shells and sometime dispersion also very troll, Yam really slow and poor maneuver. All the time we just focus to complain about Russian Bias, CV OP, but seem we forget before that how cancer Conqueror be before the citadel raise, and not paying attention that Thunderer now even better (or worse depend how you think). I rather to run to 2 CV MM than dealing with 1 single Thunderer because as a decent player in this game, I still got PTSD thank to that piece of shit. 
Thank you for reading this wall of text, sorry if my gramma is not good, English is not first language,  I just want to say NERF THAT SHIT PLZ

Edited by Pepega_Cat_prpr
  • Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,134 posts
23,624 battles

I have enough coal to buy any ship in armoury now.

Soooooo.... you are saying I should buy Thunderer?

runaway.gif

• Funny 3

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,005 posts
13,620 battles

This is it ,lads!

This is the flag that would lead to Thunderer's removal from the Armory.

But yeah there have been too many of them in Random nowadays.

[LBAS]
2,056 posts
3,737 battles

Veneziaaaa 

Veeeeneeeziaaa

Veeenetziaaa

10K HHaapee ouf iech 20 seekko

Its WG fault to remove Smolensk. The best counter of Thunderer is HE spam from Smolensk. You pop smoke, let CV spot Thunderer.... Then kill it under 1 min

Also Slava is OP as heck.... You basically Citadel everything from 40km

Old BB is out of meta, Halland have fast 15km torpedo, Smolensk, Venezia, CV....

• Funny 2

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts
8 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

Veneziaaaa 

Veeeeneeeziaaa

Veeenetziaaa

10K HHaapee ouf iech 20 seekko

Its WG fault to remove Smolensk. The best counter of Thunderer is HE spam from Smolensk. You pop smoke, let CV spot Thunderer.... Then kill it under 1 min

Also Slava is OP as heck.... You basically Citadel everything from 40km

Old BB is out of meta, Halland have fast 15km torpedo, Smolensk, Venezia, CV....

tenor.gif?itemid=13070641

• Funny 1

[TLN]
10 posts
17,785 battles

1 more point, Thunder super duper fit in CV meta same as Venezia. CV permal spot, you eat dmg from over 20km. If you want to reduce CV impact to game then stop fuking design ships that support that playstyle.
HE spammers cruiser may be can deal with Thunder but not really well, they need to put theirself into really risky position to start farming Thunder if that player did have map awareness skills 😞 

Edited by Pepega_Cat_prpr

[CLAY]
3,209 posts
14,089 battles

Already got a Thunderer, So WG can remove from armory if want.

One day, when I'm not grinding tech tree or stuff, I may actually play it.

• Cool 2

[TLS]
4,833 posts
21,225 battles

Come. Let us x3 Thunderer Div. I haven't fitted her out but that can be arranged.

[SMOKE]
2,468 posts
17,872 battles

well pretty much each and every OP Premium ship got their own fair share of complain this fashion and can we say there is not some reasoning behind them ..

[LBAS]
5,303 posts
11,912 battles
13 hours ago, Pepega_Cat_prpr said:

absurb

Totally ABSURD!

Edited by THAI_THIEF

[LU-NA]
98 posts
4,004 battles

You complain something that can effectively counter Kremlin armor? 

I also demand WG to remove all OP ships like Stalingrad and Kremlin. I can't deal damage effectively to Kremlin using AP in Thunderer so my only choice is to use HE.

Thunderer accuracy sure is better than most BB except Georgia and Ohio, that's why it got less guns to compensate it just like Georgia. You want Thunderer accuracy to get nerfed? Sure but increase the guns number to at least 9 guns. 

Regarding heal and maneuverability, sure let's replace the heal with normal heal and rudder shift like Conqueror, but in exchange make the armor at least somewhat can reliably tank damage like Yamato and not the current cruiser armor. 

Edited by Arzach

Sign in to follow this