You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

[rant] Seriously WG, NERF ROCKET.... NOT AP BOMB!

27 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
2,057 posts
3,738 battles

as both CV and DD player....

ROCKET IS HARMFULL FOR DD, ITS GUARANTEE DEAD

AP Bomb IS SKILL BASED, its scale with player skill

I AM DEAD IN 2 STRIKE! WASD DODGE MY ASS

as CV player i know no matter how good DD, death is inevitable if CV decide to kill it.

107321981_1147551642291737_4141792541740

i am not asking for totally immune DD againts plane, BUT ATLEAST CV NEED TO STRIKE ME 10x times before kill me.... NOT ONE SHOT ME IN ONE GO!

my suggestion for rocket is :

#Increase rocket circle aim to be wider 2x

#decrease rocket accuracy

#REMOVE MAA penalty +50 cooldown or simply buff it to 200%

the idea is, rocket will be reliable hit BIG TARGET and deal damage..... againts smaller ship it will be hit or miss. giving more chance for DD to atleast not killed in one strike

ROCKET IS STUPID MECHANIC IN CV REWORK, UNREALISTIC, and SIMPLY WEIRD

people demand CV rework so their DD dont get one shot by torpedo bomber

now we have CV rework IT JUST SAME, its rocket this time....

as CV player, I AM DEFINETELY QUIT IF THEY NERF AP BOMB

i can go Midway or Audacious, BUT HELL AP BOMB WAS FUN 

Graf Zeppelin AP bomber is already crap.... and you make them more crap???

MOST PEOPLE WILL ABANDON HAKURYU, ITS MEAN MORE HE BOMBER CV and DD IS MORE SCREWED!

AP rocket is good addition but GERMAN CV IS TOO WEAK, barely anyone will pass through T8 German CV

WG DONT CARE ABOUT DD PLAYER

WG HATE DD

AP bomb nerf is just appeal for BB player and Large Cruiser

12KM radar bullshit

#DDLIVESMATTER

• Cool 1

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,108 battles

i agree with this shark guy

Edited by Gummiheng

[HKN]
71 posts
6,358 battles

I gave up playing DD, the skill floor is so high right now, this is even more true when you see less players playing DD in random matches. 

[GS]
Video Contributor, Beta Tester, Clantest Coordinator
2,877 posts
14,436 battles

0wGeTuh.png.f7a8aa94406bf2e74160f51a6f6da56d.png

• Funny 1

[TLS]
4,835 posts
21,259 battles

Everyday I see this sort of Shark ranting and I have to dial heaven and hell to check if the Apocalypse is scheduled...

[BLESS]
1,450 posts
12,764 battles

I respectfully disagree with the Sharky-shark. Rockets and DDs aren't the problem. A DD has concealment and smoke as counter. A CV will use up a lot of time and resources trying to find the enemy DD, and more time still if he has to wait out a smoke. Smart DD does not go where the enemy CV thinks he will go. And in the final endgame, yes, a DD can dodge to at least reduce the damage taken.

AP and cruisers though, different story. CV can find you, CV will find you, and a good Midway player can drop a Zao to half health in one strike, and in a sustained attack sink him in 6-8 minutes flat. DFAA or no DFAA, Fighter or no Fighter. (trust me, I know.) Zao cannot operate solo in a CV game currently, period, which pretty much defeats the purpose of sailing out in a Zao in the first place.

Edited by Rina_Pon

[LNA]
2,093 posts
15,369 battles

The sad part is that nowadays the new and oh i know better think that this is blatantly an attack on their well being and health.

[LBAS]
1,561 posts
1 hour ago, Rina_Pon said:

Smart DD does not go where the enemy CV thinks he will go.

try to not make any comment but this one got me.

so.... smart DD in your opinion is DD that never ever try to cap?

reason why CV cause so much trouble to DD is because DD try to cap and CV knows it.

smoke? sorry but there's cheat program called radar that can see through everything. 12km one at that.

[KAMI]
530 posts
6,381 battles

I respectfully disagree with the Sharky-shark. Rockets and DDs aren't the problem. A DD has concealment and smoke as counter. A CV will use up a lot of time and resources trying to find the enemy DD, and more time still if he has to wait out a smoke. Smart DD does not go where the enemy CV thinks he will go. And in the final endgame, yes, a DD can dodge to at least reduce the damage taken.

AP and cruisers though, different story. CV can find you, CV will find you, and a good Midway player can drop a Zao to half health in one strike, and in a sustained attack sink him in 6-8 minutes flat. DFAA or no DFAA, Fighter or no Fighter. (trust me, I know.) Zao cannot operate solo in a CV game currently, period, which pretty much defeats the purpose of sailing out in a Zao in the first place.

This.

I'm more afraid of CV in a cruiser, than in a DD. A CV can force a cruiser to choose between exposing his citadel to enemies, or take the main force of a CV strike.

At the same time, I find radar to restrict DDs more so than CVs, especially T10 Russians and their so called "short-duration" 12km radar.

Edited by Verytis

[LBAS]
2,057 posts
3,738 battles
51 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

I don't have smoke, and if you do have smoke there is radar in the cap. All my DD don't have smoke.... Also DD is not always in smoke. In CV i am just need to calculate where will be the DD after smoke gone

My point is very simple, CV need to strike DD multiple times to sink it.... NOT INSTANTLY KILLING IT. I am very well understand if CV want to kill you it will happen. But atleast DD not get insta deleted. SAP is bad idea too....

Your post contradict itself, if you complaining about Hakuryu delete Zao in one go, then what is the difference between the DD getting oneshot? Zao can farm 15km away with team sticking.... DD? Unless Cruiser, DD IS FORCED to do everything ALONE

Hakuryu and Enterprise AP bomb is indeed OP, but Shokaku and Graf Zeppelin is not due to Fragile plane and limited plane.

. Smart DD does not go where the enemy CV thinks he will go. And in the final endgame, yes, a DD can dodge to at least reduce the damage taken.

AP and cruisers though, different story. CV can find you, CV will find you, and a good Midway player can drop a Zao to half health in one strike, and in a sustained attack sink him in 6-8 minutes flat. DFAA or no DFAA, Fighter or no 

I am CV player myself, no matter how smart the DD, if i am decide to kill it.... It will dead. And dinding DD is not that hard.

If you said sinking Zao require 6 min, just saying CV just need 1-2 min to kill DD

I am CV player myself.... No matter how WASD Dodge DD, i am always hit them with rocket and its deal 3K to 6K damage

Also WG don't care about your Zao, its their Stalingrad got nuked hard in CW by Hakuryu so its decide to nerf all AP bomb

Zao is weak because overnerf... 

Somedude : hey skarhabek, why don't you play CV then?

Skarhabek : they nerf AP bomb, the only fun and skill based

Somedude : then go midway

Skarhabek : Yoo, basically i did. My point is, if they care about balance, first nerf rocket and nerf He bomb instead skill based AP bomb

[LBAS]
2,057 posts
3,738 battles

For them who lazy to read, my point is very simple ;

I am understand there is no way DD survive againts CV, but atleast give me more time and chance instead getting deleted in one strike.

The point of CV rework is eliminate CV ability to oneshot DD. Now rocket and SAP say Hi. CV should attack DD multiple strike before killing it.

7 minutes ago, Verytis said:

This.

I'm more afraid of CV in a cruiser, than in a DD. A CV can force a cruiser to choose between exposing his citadel to enemies, or take the main force of a CV strike.

BB player is more afraid

[TLS]
4,835 posts
21,259 battles
18 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

Zao is weak because overnerf... 

Now it arms properly because it doesn't overpen anymore. 

19 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

its their Stalingrad got nuked hard in CW by Hakuryu so its decide to nerf all AP bomb

Touche. Stalingrad meta in CW = fine. Kremlin meta in CW = fine. Soviet firestarter in CW = fine. But not CV. That honestly stinks of biaz.

[BLESS]
1,450 posts
12,764 battles
1 hour ago, PGM991 said:

reason why CV cause so much trouble to DD is because DD try to cap and CV knows it.

smoke? sorry but there's cheat program called radar that can see through everything. 12km one at that.

Don't try to cap if the enemy has radar coverage on it, unless you are just baiting. That's just basic basics, people.

If the cap is open (no radar) then there isn't much CV can do to stop you from taking it if you have smoke. If the CV has air control, and you don't have smoke, then you can't cap, but that's fair game as far as I am concerned.

As others have said, SAP and 12km radar are far worse threats to me as a DD than CV rockets are. Or if you prefer, far greater restrictions on my operational ability.

I play a lot of DD, mostly T7-10, and no, CV is not a big issue for me. And yes, I do cap.

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
2,476 posts
17,988 battles

Unfortunately after all said what it come down is one simple fact : a DD can stay away and then unable to do anything but can survive through the cover of Radar and barrge of aerial threats and then some ; or a DD can vanguard its duties and almost quaranteed a certain death ..

So CV are fashioned able to do its job BB too and so do Cruisers .. Oh sure they face their own set of hurdles but its not like they are counterted to the point as such as how a DD faced today 

No its not CV its not the Radar its not the rocket or rocket planes not even enemy DDs its all that combined ..

I've state this many time and will continue saying this again - DDs are simply not given their due efficient & effective consistent mean to do their parts both offensive and defensive ; both in term of combat and support ..

Is it any wrong for DD players to ask the game to treat and spec them respectfully and fair - if CV are given the means ( working ones ) and BB also as well Cruisers then DD should be allowed that too but that clearly is not even remotely there

Now go tell me how is DD suppose to be or rather how the game mean it to be ... 

[MRI]
3,784 posts
16,808 battles
2 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

As others have said, SAP and 12km radar are far worse threats to me as a DD than CV rockets are. Or if you prefer, far greater restrictions on my operational ability. 

Same here. I can work around CVs, but 12km radar or SAP that can take out half my health in one salvo? Imo those are far greater threats to my DD.

• Cool 1

[LU-NA]
98 posts
4,037 battles
3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Now it arms properly because it doesn't overpen anymore. 

Touche. Stalingrad meta in CW = fine. Kremlin meta in CW = fine. Soviet firestarter in CW = fine. But not CV. That honestly stinks of biaz.

Russian ships meta in CW = Fine. 

Venezia meta in CW = Immediate NERF because Venezia was too overperforming. 

[SALT]
2,122 posts
10,571 battles

More like half of old CW is Russian. Des Moines is still staple for Radar Cruiser, and Venezia for Roammer. DD is dominanted by US and UK (Sommers/Darring + occasional Kleber or Shimas)

New Meta is like Hakuryuu + 6 Venezias  or 5 Venezia and 1 Stalingard

Edited by humusz

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,496 posts
11,858 battles

If the currently in testing DD air concealment buff goes through (which l think is actually quite likely, although perhaps not in its exact current configuration), then the DD-CV interaction will be completely flipped on its head. 

It will be almost completely pointless to go specifically DD hunting, and DD-CV interactions will be more opportunistic, with the CV hitting a DD with whatever squadron they have out at the time when a DD is spotted by surface ships nearby. 

[LBAS]
2,057 posts
3,738 battles
32 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

If the currently in testing DD air concealment buff goes through (which l think is actually quite likely, although perhaps not in its exact current configuration), then the DD-CV interaction will be completely flipped on its head. 

It will be almost completely pointless to go specifically DD hunting, and DD-CV interactions will be more opportunistic, with the CV hitting a DD with whatever squadron they have out at the time when a DD is spotted by surface ships nearby. 

i would like to discuss this concealment revamp, could you make new thread based on your analysis? i am afraid at this rate my opinion is too much biased so better someone else make the thread

[SMOKE]
2,476 posts
17,988 battles
4 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

And there is the issue ... WG is looking at numbers and a one on one scenario , they do not take note of the interaction of these as well as the ripple effect thus on .. every element of the game work to a fashion to effect the game and having a ripple effect, not just the effect on said ship vs ship , engagement, or said mechanics .... Yes the proposed concealment buff could somewhat change the relationship between CV and DD but the change does not go alone , there is also an AA gun bloom change and this can cause some un-wanted side effect which is yet too hard to gauge , and the change certainly do not take note of how CV can benefit from surface spotting ( RADAR ) and the other way round too , and it certainly had not deal with the fact that AA still do not AA and aerial attack on light armored ships like DD and CL is still excessively effective .. and I can name a lot more but I guess the point is clear .. its not going to be just a single factor like concealment .. if WG cannot made DD work in this well environment rich with serial scouting and RADAR all around , both offensive and defensive, combat as well as support , then again its still the same - stay back, do nothing, get blamed by your own teammates but stay alive, or go out, do your duties and expect a heroic quick death ... guess why DD player had all the complain ... and guess it why DD are increasingly refuse to go out and do their part ... no they are not refusing to do their part, they just refuse to die being offering on the altar for other class to farm , to be free meal

Edited by Mechfori

[LBAS]
5,306 posts
11,951 battles

Some premium like my GZ have only few AP bomber and gonna to be garbage and sold for scrap

AND no any of compensate I will protest no matter cost my account suspended

You should sympathize her that if you know she was a shit you shouldn't introuduce her since 3 years ago

But you will stubborn to get the crappy premium ship and player not pleased too 

You already a murderer to bully weaklings

#JUSTICEFORGZ

#BRINGBACKRTSCV

63491701_p39.jpg.8d81dbc93662356d5ccebcb5084a0508.jpg

Edited by THAI_THIEF

[LBAS]
2,057 posts
3,738 battles
28 minutes ago, THAI_THIEF said:

Some premium like my GZ have only few AP bomber and gonna to be garbage and sold for scrap

AND no any of compensate I will protest no matter cost my account suspended

You should sympathize her that if you know she was a shit you shouldn't introuduce her since 3 years ago

But you will stubborn to get the crappy premium ship and player not pleased too 

You already a murderer to bully weaklings

#JUSTICEFORGZ

#BRINGBACKRTSCV

63491701_p39.jpg.8d81dbc93662356d5ccebcb5084a0508.jpg

for so no damn reason, Parseval is better AP bomber due to heal and speed compared to Hakuryu.... not to mention legit 7800x3 AP damage.....

this AP nerf is not for balance, its for powercreeping with German CV.

WG always have ulterior motive..... player that already happy with Hakuryu nerf now must dealing with German CV AP bomb and ITS TRULY DEVASTATING

[LBAS]
5,306 posts
11,951 battles
19 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

7800x3

23,400 vs 14,000 

IT'S A JOKE 

WHAT THE JOKE FOR GZ 14,000

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,496 posts
11,858 battles
3 hours ago, THAI_THIEF said:

23,400 vs 14,000 

IT'S A JOKE 

WHAT THE JOKE FOR GZ 14,000

GZ AP bombs now do 5800 after the nerf, so that's 11600 now, not 14000. 

Unfortunately GZ was just an innocent bystander that got taken down while WG found an opportunity to nerf Enterprise.  I personally think there will be GZ buffs to compensate.

GZ has been weak for quite a while even before this latest nerf, but I think what counts against her are her secondaries, which you effectively pay for with less effective planes, and her popularity, since WG is loath to buff popular ships, even if they are underpowered.  If you love GZ, I am sorry to say I don't think she is ever going to be strong again - I'd like to be wrong here of course, but I just can't see it happening.

14 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

i would like to discuss this concealment revamp, could you make new thread based on your analysis? i am afraid at this rate my opinion is too much biased so better someone else make the thread

You're right, I should do that.  I'll have a think about it and hopefully post something tonight.  It really is the biggest change we've seen since the IFHE rework, and will probably have more of an effect on how the game plays than that whole rework did.

[LBAS]
5,306 posts
11,951 battles
2 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

there will be GZ buffs to compensate

Just add more one plane or two