Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Bitrot

Sad state of KM ships

13 comments in this topic

[TDA]
192 posts
13,980 battles

Ignoring German CV's

Can someone tell me is there a new version of Treaty of Versailles in this game? Some hidden URL link maybe, that states Germany must pay for the two last world wars and your ships, even if virtual and in a game should mostly suck?

Yes T-61 and Hindy are still great, Eugen/Roon are ... acceptable.  Tirpitz used to be a badass.  Powercreep is not helping.

But these token missions, where the requirement is German ships, I mean I have all the silver ships, missing a few premiums.  But looking what to take out and its ... its , its painful. Feels so forced and reluctant to press "Battle".

And Z-35 coming out this week... with 6km fish !#^%@#

Where is the German Stalingrad? Where is that German DD you would take over Halland/Daring/Haru/Kleber/Shima/Friesland/Groz even T9s like Jutland/Kita/Mogador? 

German lineup just seems to have a hidden trait "bottom pick".

Please change it.

• Cool 2

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,777 posts
28,327 battles
4 minutes ago, Bitrot said:

Where is the German Stalingrad? Where is that German DD you would take over Halland/Daring/Haru/Kleber/Shima/Friesland/Groz even T9s like Jutland/Kita/Mogador? 

Siegfried, T61, Mainz

[TDA]
192 posts
13,980 battles

Siegfried is one of the 4? Research Bureau ships. Forgot about Mainz, thanks.

So T-61, Mainz, Siegfried, Hindy.  Out of 4 very good ships, 1 is tech tree, 2 premium and 1 PR.

Considering Germany now has a full tree, just saying it does not seem to have a lot of top picks compared to other nations that even have with less lines.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
2,054 posts
3,737 battles

WG Could make more profit by putting Z-35 for SPECIAL T9 Doubloon/Research Bureau ship BUT available to direct purchase.... T9 ship price is a lot

all characteristic remain the same EXCEPT TORPEDO REACH 10 KM and Hydro have 6km range..... put in T9

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,777 posts
28,327 battles
52 minutes ago, Bitrot said:

Siegfried is one of the 4? Research Bureau ships. Forgot about Mainz, thanks.

So T-61, Mainz, Siegfried, Hindy.  Out of 4 very good ships, 1 is tech tree, 2 premium and 1 PR.

Considering Germany now has a full tree, just saying it does not seem to have a lot of top picks compared to other nations that even have with less lines.

true, but with the exception of the USN, soviet and IJN line there really isn't any nation that has multiple ships strong enough to shit over everyone else

i'd say that the german ships are still good in their own right but their reputation is a bit overshadowed by ships that do their role just as well and are easier to get

[BLESS]
1,438 posts
12,693 battles
26 minutes ago, CV_NMSL said:

true, but with the exception of the USN, soviet and IJN line there really isn't any nation [...]

So only everyone that matters, lol.

But seriously. Admiral Hipper. If you need a poster child for the sorry state of the KM line, look no further than this T8 CA.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,777 posts
28,327 battles
1 minute ago, Rina_Pon said:

So only everyone that matters, lol.

But seriously. Admiral Hipper. If you need a poster child for the sorry state of the KM line, look no further than this T8 CA.

should have added the /s for the first line but yeah, tho there are certainly lines that are much worse off...

[MALD]
[MALD]
711 posts
3,881 battles
30 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

That's why i love her. In hope of improving her current state of affairs with love~

Now where are we? ah, yes, Powercrept German ship.

Quoting my previous statement,

"My few cents:

The concept of Russian bias rises from seemingly overtuned gimmicks that fits with the current meta, hence making them "powerful" than contemporaries and thus perception that most Russian ships are good which led to indication of bias.

On my reasoning, all gimmicks and quirks of national tree depends on the meta. German battleships and cruisers dominate when the meta is all about tank and push. US on island humping camping, UK on long-range sustained fire, etc. Thing about Russian ship, is that they're tuned towards an extreme 'parameters' that is either survivability (i.e. Kremlin) or long range harassment (i.e. Donskoi) or both (Stalingrad) while having very exploitable weaknesses. With the current, mainly static, HE oriented cruiser abundant, and all about survivability, Russian ships perfectly fits without the weakness to interfere much. You want to harass with HE? Russian light cruisers and destroyers is your way. Tank and deal devastating firepower? Heavies do the job well. Sure their weakness exploitable, but BBs generally stays bow on to each other, hence cannot exploit the weaker side armor and Cruisers stay and kite in the back hence hard to actually hit the ship.

It's not a matter of which ship is powerful on its own, but rather a matter of meta. It just so happen that Russian ships tend to do better today, not apparent bias on their capabilities. Change the meta, and the bias will change. I conclude that i'm fine with this perceived bias in terms of their gimmicks, as long as the competition remains competitive, which currently not so much due to the meta. I hope they make line less dependent on meta, afterall."

Remember that one time Hindenburg dominates in battles because of it's rate of fire and range back in the day? She's literally worse back in the day, and yet managed to do so. Then German battleships, etc. Again, it's a matter of meta, not necessarily the ship itself has been blown or nerfed to death.

Alright, sure, but the buff should be incremental. And now, they're on track with improving the HE penetration of German DDs. Slowly, they do try to buff them.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,130 posts
23,608 battles

Some of my German cruiser stats in randoms.

Maybe not a large number of PvP battles to base any real analysis on...

...but saying they can't perform doesn't seem to be true.

germancruiser.png

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,130 posts
23,608 battles
1 hour ago, Rina_Pon said:

hipper_angry.jpg.3e6bd54d48852098dce2a8a9d65d7d8c.jpg

hipper.thumb.jpg.ad12e952e36c9d02a18ba1469d327dc5.jpg

• Funny 2

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,002 posts
13,611 battles

Tirpitz got a mention, but Scharnhorst didn't?

Scharnhorst is a decent ship on her own tier, and used to be the star when the old T5-7 battles were guaranteed 90% of the time (due to the horrible MM that T8 ships got back then). But since the T8 ships are supposedly to get the more merciful MM recently, Scharnhorst ends up being dragged into T7-9 battles.

• In a BB vs BB situation, Scharnhorst can still resort to kiting & HE-spamming. However the fast T9 BBs such as; Iowa, Georgia, and Jean Bart have no trouble to outperform Scharnhorst in terms of speed.
  • In any other situation, Scharnhorst becomes a slightly nimble damage pinata for the T9 HE-spammers.

And now Narai gets removed from the cycle. So RIP.

Butt yeah if we get a fairer MM for each tier, that would be great!

Sign in to follow this