Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Ram denied

5 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,130 posts
23,608 battles

I'm against ramming.

As a primary, deliberate means of attack, it's dumb.

Perhaps in a last ditch attempt to achieve a certain objective, sure, but when you have the option, doing it deliberately is dumb.

Even then I think it should count as a self TK - or at the very least count as nothing, I mean if you HAVE to ram to get an objective or whatever, then the win for the team should be enough.

Or maybe, double or triple service costs from a ram death.

Something like that - there should be some greater cost to deliberately sacrificing your whole ship and crew to stop someone else who can shoot straighter than you get some glory.

I think it's dumb and unsportsmanlike.

Which is why this moment was so sweet...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts
6 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

I think it's dumb and unsportsmanlike.

I agree.

The aim is to sink the enemy shipping with your primary, secondary, and if so equipped, torpedo armament.

If I see players deliberately ram, I'll hand them out a report for playing poorly.

This is not a game of bumper cars.....

[CLAY]
3,208 posts
14,084 battles

I agree, ramming is a last ditch strategy when you are almost certainly going to die and it is the only way to do as much damage as possible before you do. Usually when you are on very low HP and the other guy has a lot.
Or if you’re point blank with a DD and it’s either ram or eat a face full of torps.

Its not a good idea to ram when you have a decent amount of HP, especially if your allies are seconds away from sinking the enemy ship you’re trying to ram. ESPECIALLY not when the friendly DD is trying to torpedo the enemy ship you’re trying to ram and wishes you would keep reversing Rather than sailing forward, missing the ram, dying to enemy gunfire, then shielding enemy ship from torpedos with your hull.

Being alive on 10% HP is usually still more useful than being dead.

Sign in to follow this