Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grygus_Triss

Does this annoy anyone else?

21 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
3,230 posts
14,185 battles

I have a problem.

See, I like to look at my ships from time to time, mess around with them, outfit them. I love seeing the ship sitting there, bobbing in the water in the background while I'[m messing with stuff.

But since 0.9.6, whenever I am on modules, all I see is this grey background, which takes away from the reason I play this game, the awesome models of ships.

I can see the ships again if I move to exterior, or port tabs, but I spend most of the time messing about in modules, especially when setting up ships or quickly checking consumables.

Additionally, I CANNOT SEE THE MODELS FOR UNPURCHASED SHIPS BEFORE I BUY THEM. You can only see the unpurchased ships in modules, which you can't now...

Does anyone know how to fix this?

• Cool 5

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,566 battles
7 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I have a problem.

See, I like to look at my ships from time to time, mess around with them, outfit them. I love seeing the ship sitting there, bobbing in the water in the background while I'[m messing with stuff.

But since 0.9.6, whenever I am on modules, all I see is this grey background, which takes away from the reason I play this game, the awesome models of ships.

I can see the ships again if I move to exterior, or port tabs, but I spend most of the time messing about in modules, especially when setting up ships or quickly checking consumables.

Additionally, I CANNOT SEE THE MODELS FOR UNPURCHASED SHIPS BEFORE I BUY THEM. You can only see the unpurchased ships in modules, which you can't now...

no, i hate this too

goddamnit WG this is not better

• Cool 3

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,751 posts
43,431 battles
32 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I have a problem.

I do, but not much

1. Open this file " preferences.xml " with any software can edit text

2. Find this section

<ussSettings>
            <contrast>    0    </contrast>
            <blurEnabled>    0    </blurEnabled>
        </ussSettings>

3. Change the

<blurEnabled>    0    </blurEnabled>  > > >   <blurEnabled>    1    </blurEnabled>

<contrast>    0    </contrast>    < < <  I recommend 0 or you can change it from Settings  "Increase GUI Contrast"

0= Enable

1= Disable

Edited by MatterCore

[CLAY]
3,230 posts
14,185 battles
1 minute ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

When you are on the "Modules" tab, you need to click this part

shot-20_07.09_16_17.01-0222.thumb.jpg.caef97230586a9c2163707263693c8f2.jpg

This is what the view looks like

shot-20_07.09_16_17.13-0772.thumb.jpg.f286122d0a6c0e673965f2882c43f67e.jpg

Thankyou. Its nice you can do that.

Still doesn't allow me to see my ships sitting at port while I check stuff though...

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,717 battles
Just now, Grygus_Triss said:

Thankyou. Its nice you can do that.

Still doesn't allow me to see my ships sitting at port while I check stuff though...

You're welcome.

Yeah this might take some time to get used to. Personally speaking, I have yet to find a thing that satisfies me on this patch.

[SEARN]
1,077 posts
17,509 battles
On 7/9/2020 at 6:47 PM, Grygus_Triss said:

I have a problem.

Also don't like for a ship you don't own in the tech tree page, that you need to click once to select it and then again on the right hand side "Preview" button to preview the ship. Liked it better the way it was before.

I think i reduced the left click button life on my G703 lightspeed by a very significant amount until I figured out there was a preview button I was supposed to click. Whoops! :Smile_facepalm:

In case you are not aware in 097 there is a VERY long awaited feature coming to the game. This is one large reason behind the new interface page for equipment I would think.

In 097 we are going to be able to completely customise the keys used for consumables. Finally we are going to be able to put heal on the same key for every ship. Gone will be the times when I pop hydro instead of my heal. Well hopefully anyway. 

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
5,308 posts
11,978 battles

GET THE GODDAMN OFF OUR EYES!

I can't use right click to watching around 

because I have to click to view everytimes

Edited by THAI_THIEF

[TLS]
4,857 posts
21,287 battles

Then what is the point of "upgrading all the port visuals in past patches" when you dump the visuals for something bland? Makes such beautiful ports like every other patch. FYI, the only port I am using now is AL room because the my preferred Yokosuka mod is buggy and I couldn't be bother to keep on correcting it.

This is one of the issues I have with wg; make something nice only to abandon it later. It is like working without a long term plan. Oh wait, everything they do is without thinking long term. /looks at the sad state of balance and matchmaking.

• Cool 1

[BLESS]
1,461 posts
12,809 battles

I see what WG were going for: the old version was cluttered and confusing. Not as bad as the combat missions section, which they arguably fixed reasonably well this patch, but messy nonetheless. The main problem was that the upgrade modules were by default hidden, and the options for the upgrade modules hidden again. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have got a new ship, sailed off into combat with it, and then realized several games in that I'd forgot to equip the modules. 

That said, the solution has not satisfied the playerbase, to put it mildly. No, @Grygus_Triss, you are not alone. Reaction has been universally negative, and it's the number 1 complaint of 9.6 patch.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,014 posts
13,717 battles
4 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Then what is the point of "upgrading all the port visuals in past patches" when you dump the visuals for something bland? Makes such beautiful ports like every other patch. FYI, the only port I am using now is AL room because the my preferred Yokosuka mod is buggy and I couldn't be bother to keep on correcting it.

They have also massacred the Sarushima Base. It used to be cool even at low settings.

shot-19_07.17_13_57.14-0751.thumb.jpg.0813028c664fa4903d9294ae5797d779.jpg

But now it's utter crap. *Note: it's on high settings)

shot-20_07.12_12_07.44-0106.thumb.jpg.cc294a5d152f3ec06c4f4201d3b49608.jpg

Lighting improvements, they said....

• Cool 4

[-CAT-]
3,409 posts
13,592 battles
8 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

They have also massacred the Sarushima Base. It used to be cool even at low settings.

I like the old Sarushima base. It's sunny and happy looking'.

The new one looks gloomy and sad. It has lost that good vibe feeling.
Lighting, HA!
It's darker compared to the old one. The picture above says it all. Gloomy.

And I agree with @dejiko_nyo WG / Lesta is just butchering the game lately.
No long term strategy. Not listening to feedback. Cower behind closed doors and deaf ears. Forcing players with their unpopular decisions.
Avarice more important than customer satisfaction.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 2

[MRI]
3,791 posts
16,857 battles
5 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Yeah Sarushima Base used to have a bright colour scheme because it is an anime port. Now apart from the artificial island it is just a regular port.

And back on topic, yeah the new modules and upgrades UI is fugly. As a person who actually likes looking at my ships in port, I want to spend as little time as possible with those opaque backgrounds.

• Cool 1

[151ST]
3,555 posts
11,945 battles

Soz @Grygus_Triss, I wouldn't even expect a mod to be able to fix it. Their new UX looks like it was designed by someone with training in mobile device design; not PC UX design. Warships as usual demonstrating their UX is bottom tier.

As for colours... Warships has a more gray/stormy wash over it. They often have limited the contrast within each of their maps or bases for thematic reasons, it's extremely common for games and movies set in that time period.

Sort of like how The Matrix is overdone on green and Underworld down on saturation and made blue.

The problem is as pointed out; it actually looks worse in some ways.

The thing that I hate is I'm due an upgrade on my PC (note - laptop is fine) to maintain max specs while watching a billion YT videos. While Warships shouldn't need it their new 'HDR' Ports and battle effects mean I need it sooner rather than later; but I'm holding out for RTX 30-series.

The stupidity of that is that it's because they are really poorly optimised, not because they actually need that much power.

And this brings it back into my point; their new visuals aren't really HDR, they've just applied different lighting and contrast settings while re-theming the maps. True HDR is about having the foreground visible rather than dark when silhouetted against a bright light; they've done the opposite.

It's more in realm of a rebrand than actually improving the product.

Some look good, others less so but doesn't change how crud their engine is or how poor their UX and design processes are.

But that is another topic.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 2

[LBAS]
2,062 posts
3,738 battles

not only sarushima base, in gameplay the world look darker and i hate it. I WANT IT MORE BRIGHTER LIKE A REAL SEA

yesterday there is a survei by WG asking about Graphic improvement.....

and i am said :

"ITS TOO DARRK WG, INCREASE BRIGNESSSS"

[SALT]
2,123 posts
10,571 battles
1 hour ago, S4pp3R said:

Soz @Grygus_Triss, I wouldn't even expect a mod to be able to fix it. Their new UX looks like it was designed by someone with training in mobile device design; not PC UX design. Warships as usual demonstrating their UX is bottom tier.

More like Console.

It look like Playstation games UI, its kinda similiar to WoWs legends UI

which can be good if there is Crossplay or some kind.

Its far to cluttered for Mobile games UI

Edited by humusz

[TLS]
4,857 posts
21,287 battles

shot-19_07.17_13_57.14-0751.jpg.8c0dec67

^ This is actually more realistic. Island in the middle of nowhere where you get your cute lolis in skimpy bikinis.

shot-20_07.12_12_07.44-0106.thumb.jpg.cc

^ This is not even in the middle of the North Pacific or Bering Straits with the grays... Actually, it looks like the beach with a storm about to hit.

You know what? The guys who make Yokosuka with Day/Night cycles actually do a better job BECAUSE THEY CAN EVEN IMPLEMENT CHANGING ENVIRONMENT.

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles

Screw wg for ruining my Sarushima base.

I liked that bright light and not mellohi like gloom.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,230 posts
14,185 battles
3 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Screw wg for ruining my Sarushima base.

I liked that bright light and not mellohi like gloom.

Just keep putting in bug reports that say that it looks bad now. Let WG know that their lighting changes are bad.

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,591 battles
1 minute ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Just keep putting in bug reports that say that it looks bad now. Let WG know that their lighting changes are bad.

I just did.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this