Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jarlian_

Aerial Rockets for Fighters

10 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
71 posts
502 battles

Wondering if any consideration has been given to providing fighters with an additional aerial rocket loadout. Particularly useful against smaller vessels such as DD's the rockets could degrade AtA performance until expended. The idea of Rhubarb type fighter sweeps that target ships early then swing to air superiority on the homeward leg might be interesting.

DanJar

Alpha Tester
71 posts
502 battles

Aerial rockets were generally for use against land targets...

Um no. Yes they were used more often against land targets but that was only due to a lack of sea targets, particularly in the ETO but they are a perfectly useful munition against surface vessels.

DanJar

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Um no. Yes they were used more often against land targets but that was only due to a lack of sea targets, particularly in the ETO but they are a perfectly useful munition against surface vessels.

DanJar

Perfectly useful against submarines and transports, yeah. But against capital ships? Nah. Might start a fire on deck or deal superstructure damage, or damage DDs (because frankly, anything will damage a DD, even .50cals). But I just don't see the point of having rockets in the game given we already have dive bombers armed with HE bombs.

Alpha Tester
71 posts
502 battles

Perfectly useful against submarines and transports, yeah. But against capital ships? Nah. Might start a fire on deck or deal superstructure damage, or damage DDs (because frankly, anything will damage a DD, even .50cals). But I just don't see the point of having rockets in the game given we already have dive bombers armed with HE bombs.

You don't see a point to being able to rearm an AA heavy airgroup with an ASuW weapn after they have dealt with the enemy fighters or even as a last ditch defence against a DD that has broken though the screen? I'm not saying its desperately needed its just a thought. Just like someone at WG must have thought at one stage "hey why don't we include arty in game that is played on 1km maps".

DanJar

Edited by Jarlian_

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

Maybe giving us the option to swap out Dive Bomber squads for Rocket-armed fighters? They are neither as powerful as a Dive Bomber nor dedicated Fighter, but having that hybrid option can be interesting.

Super Tester
1,677 posts

if this keeps up, we'll probably see Avengers or Helldivers with Tiny Tims dealing obscene damage vs surface ships.

also, don't think that HVAR rawkits could duly harm a cap ship, let alone severely damage a heavy cruiser but light cruisers and destroyers however... I still have no idea how rockets could be used to good effect.

Edited by EvyL

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

if this keeps up, we'll probably see Avengers or Helldivers with Tiny Tims dealing obscene damage vs surface ships.

also, don't think that HVAR rawkits could duly harm a cap ship, let alone severely damage a heavy cruiser but light cruisers and destroyers however... I still have no idea how rockets could be used to good effect.

Then we should probably have a more detailed plane loadout, where we actually gets to pick what ammunition/payload to equip on planes. Also, I want to be able to customize my squads loadout too.

WG please :child:

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

Don't think anything with the word "rocket" will be added into the game, considering people are already saying torpedo planes are OP, "rocket" planes? You can bet alot of the people here will rage.

Sign in to follow this