Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheURLguy

Soviet Cruisers: Branch Review

8 comments in this topic

[-CAT-]
3,409 posts
13,592 battles

I welcome the change for the soviet cruiser split.

Indeed, Kirov and Moskova does not fit in the tech tree progression, and welcome the 2 new comers Kotovsky and Nevsky.

Having said that, I noticed that WG could have implement Soviet cruiser from T5 rather than T8.

T5 Pre-Project 26 =  3 x 2 - 180 mm
T6 Project 26 bis2 = Kalinin
T7 Project 22 or 3 x 3 180 mm with heavy armor.

T8 Tallinn
T9 Riga
T10 Petro

Instead of camo in the sequence bundle, you (WG) could have done T5 to T10 ships, with the camo bundled together with the ship. Just like the RN CA split.
You get the ship, you also get the camo.

Though I have to admit, the camo looks really nice.

Quite disappointed on the arc.

Or are you planning a 3rd cruiser split? :cap_hmm:

Edited by S0und_Theif

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,012 posts
13,714 battles

This is the only good thing from the current patch.

Tallinn is actually a decent ship. Literally the poor man's Mainz, and trades the catapult for radar:Smile_trollface:

[TLS]
4,849 posts
21,287 battles

I skipped all the hassle and went straight to Petroaeoriawehrkhaewrahflsdhalalsk. The review in one word: OP

In more words: does not have the moskva bow but at least you can move forward and still ricochet shots from the bow (although not as good as moskva) and with right timing, your 360 rear turret can be easily brought to bear despite your WASD hax. Kremlin show broadside? CIT CIT CIT and CIT.

1,593 posts
7,974 battles
2 hours ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

This is the only good thing from the current patch.

Tallinn is actually a decent ship. Literally the poor man's Mainz, and trades the catapult for radar:Smile_trollface:

Tallinn is a very different ship comparing with Mainz... besides flying the Soviet naval ensign and suffering from the typical Soviet turning radii unlike Murmansk and Makarov, according to what I have read what makes Tallinn unique is her specially tweaked 180-mm railguns with powerful AP, anemic HE and a tweaked Graf Spee dispersion; the ideal scenario for Tallinn would be ambushing enemy cruisers (examples include Atago, Mogami, Amalfi, Chapayev) with the help of radar and her concealment, wreck them with a volley of citadelling AP and then sail away.

However she seems to be a difficult ship to master... I have chosen a somewhat challenging build without IFHE (as it is suggested that the ship should use her HE only in very few instances), and on the other hand to save up for FXP ships (Alaska and Aegir in fact) I decided to complete the stock grind manually... and the stock hull is perhaps just too clumsy, while when facing all those BB shells the protection scheme of Hipper-class seems to be no better than that of Chapayev. Though I have scored fascinating results with her AP against cruisers indeed; her victims include Des Moines (I nearly knocked out one DM from a single salvo in a brawl), Dmitri Donskoi, Amalfi, Hipper, Irian, Yorck, Indianapolis... and even a Fuso who exposes her broadside allowing me to farming damage on her casemate.

• Cool 1

1 post
2,710 battles

played with this supposed called Petropavlovsk, 1 vs 1  I am using YAMATO and the opponent used Petropavlovsk, with distance of 5 km, Guess what, i lost, each hits take 25% of my YAMATO health with, and my attck only damage 4800, so yeah, I m out.

Sign in to follow this