Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Neufert1

Advise for X tier Cruiser

26 comments in this topic

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles

Hi everyone,

I'm trying reach to X tier cruiser. I'm examined and comparised 3 ships.

1-  My first option  is Worchester Advantage : fast reaload, / + 1 or +2 turrets - Hi hp pool * disadvanteges  : no torpedo

2 - Al nevsky : long reload time / - 1 or 2 turret 

3- Minatour - advantages Fast reload time  / 4*4 torpedos / low detect range / smoke or radar - disadvantages / low hp pool / -1 or 2 turret

May be you can add many information but am i right untill this point ?

In the meantime i'm looking to win rate and almost all of them is same . After that point i can't decide to whom more good for me as a cruiser, actually i will  like to play with worchester but, torpedos  should be a problem ? 

Or what is your advise for Cruiser ? 

Edited by Neufert1
  • Cool 3

Alpha Tester
88 posts
7,981 battles

What do you want to do in your cruiser? Do you want to farm damage? Support your DDs? Provide AA cover? Troll players?

I can tell you now, if you want to play the Minotaur, it's going to be extremely hard and frustrating for you based on your skills and ratings.

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,149 posts
23,888 battles

Grats @Neufert1 for asking for advice instead of demanding something get buffed or nerfed.

You are growing young Padawan.

Have an upvote.

• Cool 1

[BONED]
785 posts
9,720 battles

Yeah, figure out how you play then look for a ship which suits that playstyle. Or get one which works for how you are planning on learning to play. 

One thing which is very clear, the ship is not your answer for WR. WR is driven by your ability.

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles
7 minutes ago, Nork22 said:

What do you want to do in your cruiser? Do you want to farm damage? Support your DDs? Provide AA cover? Troll players?

I can tell you now, if you want to play the Minotaur, it's going to be extremely hard and frustrating for you based on your skills and ratings.

I would like to farm damage, good AA defence and good maneuvrability , also  Nevsky AA is weak than the others, i guess. So if you don't advise minotaur, Worchester ? 

Edited by Neufert1

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles
2 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Grats @Neufert1 for asking for advice instead of demanding something get buffed or nerfed.

You are growing young Padawan.

Have an upvote.

Thank you ! 🙂

[KAMI]
530 posts
6,381 battles

Minotaur is very different from other cruisers.

She has:

• only 16mm armour, except for citadel
  • Repair party that heal 40% but is limited by repairable damage from pens.
  • No HE, only AP but with special pen angles and short fuse.
  • Super acceleration

You need to know how to use AP, and understand overmatch and angling,. You also need good aiming.

Edited by Verytis

Alpha Tester
88 posts
7,981 battles
3 minutes ago, Neufert1 said:

I would like to farm damage, good AA defence, also  Nevsky AA is weak than the others, i guess. So if you don't advise minotaur, Worchester 

The Worcester is good if you know how to make good use of islands and cover. The ship is highly situational and since it doesn't have the same level of armour like the Des Moines you will be pen by all the BBs you face. Mino with smoke has a bit more flexibility but you are limited to RN AP shells so your damage output will depend on the enemy giving you broadsides.

[LBAS]
2,062 posts
3,738 battles

If you want to get easy ship, GET Petropavlok or Azur Lane Nevski. 12km radar with stalinium Shell infused.

If you want to be Pro, get minotaur . Be wary though, if you choose minotaur or whorcester you choose harsh path.

1,587 posts
7,934 battles

Go Alexander Nevsky. She boasts rail-gun ballistics which is very friendly for aiming. She has the lowest, at least relatively, skill requirement among the three.

Also her AA is already outstanding. You are comparing her with two of the most powerful AA ships available in the game here.

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles
4 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Go Alexander Nevsky. She boasts rail-gun ballistics which is very friendly for aiming. She has the lowest, at least relatively, skill requirement among the three.

Also her AA is already outstanding. You are comparing her with two of the most powerful AA ships available in the game here.

Thanks for the advices, i'm looking to Nevsky, actually reload time not too bad, so what about Armor piercing ? because I have Kremlin and really too weak damage from broadside. It's same ? Because US ships too strong from broadside and fronside. Advise please ? 

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles
5 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

If you want to get easy ship, GET Petropavlok or Azur Lane Nevski. 12km radar with stalinium Shell infused.

If you want to be Pro, get minotaur . Be wary though, if you choose minotaur or whorcester you choose harsh path.

Yes 🙂 everyone want to be a pro but everyone said same thing. Minatour gameplay is too hard, in the meantime i'm playing with harrigumo and almost my 3/1 fired shell missed. 🙂

I think i will  goes to Nevsky 🙂 if i should mistake,  advice pls

Edited by Neufert1

[MRI]
3,787 posts
16,847 battles

They all have pretty different playstyles. Which playstyle fits you the best?

Otherwise go for the Nevsky or the other Russian T10 (I forgot the name). It is the safest option.

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles
21 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Otherwise go for the Nevsky or the other Russian T10 (I forgot the name). It is the safest option.

Yeap, 🙂  Nevsky almost giving to me what i want, little bit fast reload with hi caliber mainguns, torpedos, fire ability, long range, radar... That's enough for me 

I'm goes to Soviet cruiser 🙂

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,542 battles

honestly, nevski is probs your best pick for you, wooster and mino both need exceptional skill and map positioning to play and the soviet navy line is a more forgiving one for new players 

(the USN CA line is better for training new players but i can see you aren't looking for PTFOing)

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,542 battles
7 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

petro? on asia? he'll get melted faster than a popsicle in a soviet steel mill's furnace 

[MALD]
[MALD]
711 posts
3,929 battles

First of all, thanks for being more open. I appreciate your attempt to ask for advice.

Your choice are quite solid, though as other has said, it depends on your playstyle. It is said that Nevsky has the easiest, being that ship that pew pew pew from afar, distracting ships with your kiting abilities. Worcester is rather hard, as it relies on island camping, which in this day and age with CV, are rather hopeless. Minotaur is kinky with the superheal and smoke, but very weak protection and you can't start fires.

Now, for "best" T10 cruiser in my opinion would go for Des Moines (wow, surprise). Really, she still one of the best cruiser being jack of all trades with hella fast guns, radar, and good enuff plates to angle against some battleships. 

Alpha Tester
88 posts
7,981 battles

Go extreme hardcore mode and use Mino with Radar.

• Funny 1

[LGND]
569 posts
13,704 battles
23 hours ago, Neufert1 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm trying reach to X tier cruiser. I'm examined and comparised 3 ships.

1-  My first option  is Worchester Advantage : fast reaload, / + 1 or +2 turrets - Hi hp pool * disadvanteges  : no torpedo

2 - Al nevsky : long reload time / - 1 or 2 turret 

3- Minatour - advantages Fast reload time  / 4*4 torpedos / low detect range / smoke or radar - disadvantages / low hp pool / -1 or 2 turret

May be you can add many information but am i right untill this point ?

In the meantime i'm looking to win rate and almost all of them is same . After that point i can't decide to whom more good for me as a cruiser, actually i will  like to play with worchester but, torpedos  should be a problem ? 

Or what is your advise for Cruiser ? 

Go AL Nevsky, her reload its pretty Decent 6 sec and good firestarter since Soviet Shell fast you can spam from long range....
im not recommend Worcester and mino since both of them team based ship....

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
370 posts
8,571 battles

The answer is always THE RUSSIAN SHIP.  

You will thank me later.

1,587 posts
7,934 battles
12 hours ago, Neufert1 said:

Thanks for the advices, i'm looking to Nevsky, actually reload time not too bad, so what about Armor piercing ? because I have Kremlin and really too weak damage from broadside. It's same ? Because US ships too strong from broadside and fronside. Advise please ? 

Alexander Nevsky's AP shells are excellent for their calibre too, boast penetration performance almost equal to many 203-mm shells.

Soviet light cruisers (the heavier ones are a tad better) and battleships all have vulnerable citadels, as the cruisers boast excellent gun ballistics and DPM which can be very easy to farm damage from afar, and the battleships are designed to fight bow on, that when bow-on they become almost invulnerable to any AP shells. Mind your positioning and always hide your broadside from enemies when in Soviet battleships; make sure no enemy will be able to shoot you from your sides.

[MRI]
3,787 posts
16,847 battles
5 hours ago, CV_NMSL said:

petro? on asia? he'll get melted faster than a popsicle in a soviet steel mill's furnace 

I am expecting not as fast as Woostwr or Mino haha.

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles

Totally agree with CV_NMSL on this one. I look at your stats, Wooster and Mino probably to difficult for you. Beside, they are not that good at farming damage in Asia matter anyway. 

So your best bet will be Alex Nevsky, learn to operate at longer range, as you get better in controlling angling and situation awareness. Then you can try those ship that require operate at closer range.

Btw, you are still very new to the game, no need to rush lines to top tier. Spend more time in mid tier with multiple lines. You will have great fun with  UK and US mid cruisers. You will learn heaps more from mid tier game than high tier game for your skill level. 

• Cool 1

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles
8 minutes ago, sunlo2013 said:

Totally agree with CV_NMSL on this one. I look at your stats, Wooster and Mino probably to difficult for you. Beside, they are not that good at farming damage in Asia matter anyway. 

So your best bet will be Alex Nevsky, learn to operate at longer range, as you get better in controlling angling and situation awareness. Then you can try those ship that require operate at closer range.

Btw, you are still very new to the game, no need to rush lines to top tier. Spend more time in mid tier with multiple lines. You will have great fun with  UK and US mid cruisers. You will learn heaps more from mid tier game than high tier game for your skill level. 

Yeap i accept, i'm an not professional, and i need practice,  my stats is low i know, because i can't understand but i'm playing many times with bots. They are waiting border edge, no fire, no capture or no any action, jus every match they goes to border edge and  they are just waiting there. 

i will pick Alex, thank you ! 🙂

Edited by Neufert1

[ZA]
[ZA]
466 posts
10,711 battles
22 minutes ago, Neufert1 said:

Yeap i accept, i'm an not professional, and i need practice,  my stats is low i know, because i can't understand but i'm playing many times with bots. They are waiting border edge, no fire, no capture or no any action, jus every match they goes to border edge and  they are just waiting there. 

i will pick Alex, thank you ! 🙂

I can see that you are improving and apparently enjoying the game. That's most important, everything can be learn by ask questions in forum, watch video or div with clan mate regularly.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this