Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

MAASS Kapitan skills

11 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,149 posts
23,893 battles

6 points to go.

Where would you go now?
1199100812_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_07.08-12_36_33_32.thumb.png.aa0711c39e28457eb92042d31e02f07e.png

I was thinking AFT and either AR or JoAT.

I know AR seems universally popular but I'd rather plan NOT to take damage in a DD.

Range is horrible without AFT.
range.thumb.jpg.271a78d8a502009718c2806b60b0270b.jpg

Torpedoes are already 90sec reload. I figure I already have DE so range boost would be good.

The other option would be any 2 of SE, BFT or SI.

I'm not sure there's a perfect choice.

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,165 battles

I’d go SE.

I include SE on almost all DDs after being ridiculed Ed by IcyPhoenix years ago for not having it on an IJN torp boat.

The thinking was that at some point in a battle you will get spotted and be under fire, and SE allows you to survive longer.

For Maass, It’s an extra 2450 hp, %14 extra hp. So you could survive another shot from a lot of ships (an additional overpen, or a volley or two from a DD).

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,149 posts
23,893 battles
20 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

I’d go SE.

I include SE on almost all DDs after being ridiculed Ed by IcyPhoenix years ago for not having it on an IJN torp boat.

The thinking was that at some point in a battle you will get spotted and be under fire, and SE allows you to survive longer.

For Maass, It’s an extra 2450 hp, %14 extra hp. So you could survive another shot from a lot of ships (an additional overpen, or a volley or two from a DD).

Hmm it does seem extra valuable on a German DD doesn't it?

I wonder if I would take SI or BFT with it?

[BONED]
785 posts
9,726 battles

SE here too. Its really valuable on any DD.

Generally SE lets you take 1 torp and survive, albeit on low health.

I'd have not taken expert marksman (your vision/camo deficit means you are very unlikely to be really close in when engaging) and gone for RPF for cap management and DD hunting/defense. The concealment gap between T7 and T8s who can get the concealment upgrade it helps in avoiding enemy dds who will beat you up in vision games. But a bit of that is just my playstyle. Been ages since i played the Maass.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,165 battles
5 minutes ago, Puggsley said:

SE here too. Its really valuable on any DD.

Generally SE lets you take 1 torp and survive, albeit on low health.

I'd have not taken expert marksman (your vision/camo deficit means you are very unlikely to be really close in when engaging) and gone for RPF for cap management and DD hunting/defense. The concealment gap between T7 and T8s who can get the concealment upgrade it helps in avoiding enemy dds who will beat you up in vision games. But a bit of that is just my playstyle. Been ages since i played the Maass.

Yeah, I would have passed on EM and gone AR instead.

Then, after SE, would have thrown the last 3 on TAE or BFT, depending on focus.
Or skip both and take the point from PM to go on RPF, as you say.

Not that I’ve played the ship for a while, but I don’t consider many DDs to really need range that badly, mostly to fight others DDs, which is hard at more than 10km. (Exceptions being French, Russian and IJN gunboats, which do well with a little more range).

RoF is better, as most of your battles are against other DDs at shorter ranges, and as a hybrid DD with hydro, the Germans have that ability to push for capping, with enough firepower to fend off DDs (with help) and threaten bigger ships with torps.

• Cool 1

[BONED]
785 posts
9,726 battles

Think i would have gone PT, LS, SE, CE, AR, RPF, BFT (or maybe Supt).

Agree that you are mainly going to be fighting DDs at 6 to 8, unless you can surprise someone with a smoke and hydro (non hydro smokers who think they are safe) which will be maybe 3ks. At longer ranges your limited ability to hit them means you have switched into "now i want to hide and bugger off mode"

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,149 posts
23,893 battles

Hmmm.

All good food for thought.

[BLESS]
1,459 posts
12,790 battles

I like EM on German DDs. Don't see a need for DE though. As others have said, you want to focus on cap contesting, setting fires isn't really your job. If you want to damage capital ships, the torps are the better option.

SE is useful, SI also, AR as well. BFT and TAE both have merit, depending on which you find yourself lacking most, dpm or torps.

I would say that Maass is not pure gunboat DD, you have to pick your fights so an all out gun build is less useful than an overall survivability build aka SE/SI.

Well, actually: My Maass captain is only 10 points currently. PT, LS, SE, CE. Not a DD I play a lot.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 1

[LBAS]
5,308 posts
11,973 battles

So you trust your life on the gun?

You are not gun boat

TORPEDO MATTER

shot-20.07.08_20.24.49-0364.jpg

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,751 posts
43,431 battles
On 7/8/2020 at 9:49 AM, Max_Battle said:

Where would you go now?
1199100812_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2020_07.08-12_36_33_32.thumb.png.aa0711c39e28457eb92042d31e02f07e.png

There is a sheep that could fit with this build

Gunboat DD Z-35 >> Friday maybe

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,149 posts
23,893 battles
20 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

There is a sheep that could fit with this build

Gunboat DD Z-35 >> Friday maybe

wha.jpg

• Funny 1