You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ragedit

German CVs?

4 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
9 posts
829 battles

Hello.

I'm a VERY new player to the game and generally don't know much. But I noticed in a post about German CV containers that they have a chance to drop special missions for German Carriers, and it said something about 'players who already have the new German ships will receive somethingsomething credits'...

How does one get the new carriers if they're just added to the game? And is there any way for a newb like me to get them?

Thanks.

- Ragedit

[-CAT-]
3,369 posts
13,513 battles
33 minutes ago, Ragedit said:

Hello.

I'm a VERY new player to the game and generally don't know much. But I noticed in a post about German CV containers that they have a chance to drop special missions for German Carriers, and it said something about 'players who already have the new German ships will receive somethingsomething credits'...

How does one get the new carriers if they're just added to the game? And is there any way for a newb like me to get them?

Thanks.

- Ragedit

They will be implemented in the next patch.

Current Patch = 0.9.5.1 (Dockyard 2.0)
Next Patch = 0.9.6 (German CV Part 1)

How to get the German CV, you will have to wait for the patch news.
Probably June 21 (?). Patch notes has arraived. Attaching the link.

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/update-096-german-carriers/
https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/german-carriers-early-access/

Early access to German CV starts this week (09-July-2020) Thursday.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 2

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,495 posts
11,841 battles

Next patch they are coming into "Early Access".  What this means is that they are not yet available in the tech tree, but have a (very small) chance to drop in some free containers that you can earn through playing, and a (much larger, but still small) chance to drop in containers that you pay for.

I would highly suggest, especially if you are a new player, waiting for the following patch, which will be in mid-August, when they just become normally available in the tech tree, and just grind through them as you would any other line, at your own pace.

I would also highly suggest, if you haven't played much CV, that you get used to CV play on the US CV line, which is the best one for beginners.  Playing through the US T4 and then continuing to learn by playing through the T6 is the way to go.  I wouldn't even go to T8 until you feel really confident on the T6 - the game is not a race to the high tiers, learning the game in the mid tiers is a smarter choice.

• Cool 4

[LBAS]
9 posts
829 battles
On 7/7/2020 at 9:10 PM, S0und_Theif said:

They will be implemented in the next patch.

Current Patch = 0.9.5.1 (Dockyard 2.0)
Next Patch = 0.9.6 (German CV Part 1)

How to get the German CV, you will have to wait for the patch news.
Probably June 21 (?). Patch notes has arraived. Attaching the link.

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/game-updates/update-096-german-carriers/
https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/general-news/german-carriers-early-access/

Early access to German CV starts this week (09-July-2020) Thursday.

Thanks for the info!

On 7/7/2020 at 9:28 PM, Moggytwo said:

Next patch they are coming into "Early Access".  What this means is that they are not yet available in the tech tree, but have a (very small) chance to drop in some free containers that you can earn through playing, and a (much larger, but still small) chance to drop in containers that you pay for.

I would highly suggest, especially if you are a new player, waiting for the following patch, which will be in mid-August, when they just become normally available in the tech tree, and just grind through them as you would any other line, at your own pace.

I would also highly suggest, if you haven't played much CV, that you get used to CV play on the US CV line, which is the best one for beginners.  Playing through the US T4 and then continuing to learn by playing through the T6 is the way to go.  I wouldn't even go to T8 until you feel really confident on the T6 - the game is not a race to the high tiers, learning the game in the mid tiers is a smarter choice.

That might be a good idea. I really appreciate all the info and advice. I hope I can contribute soon like you guys.

- Ragedit