Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Drakon233

when you get TKed...

22 comments in this topic

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,532 battles

WG dosnt do a thing, the belive that the TK system will automatically take care of punishment for the guy doing the TKing

so i took matters into my own hands 

im not TKing him im just showing skinship

shot-20_07_07_20_55.22-0811.thumb.jpg.ede5120a19d9e9342dbfd1e02a94727f.jpgshot-20_07_07_20_57.04-0620.thumb.jpg.7da017ce90b75dd6705366f5ff17c50c.jpgshot-20_07_07_20_57.34-0743.thumb.jpg.184a3e239efb714e67312219f34a28e5.jpgshot-20_07_07_20_58.04-0472.thumb.jpg.56abfd40efec8c2ac206375a2d2be9b4.jpg

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles
49 minutes ago, CV_NMSL said:

WG dosnt do a thing, the belive that the TK system will automatically take care of punishment for the guy doing the TKing

so i took matters into my own hands 

im not TKing him im just showing skinship

shot-20_07_07_20_55.22-0811.thumb.jpg.ede5120a19d9e9342dbfd1e02a94727f.jpgshot-20_07_07_20_57.04-0620.thumb.jpg.7da017ce90b75dd6705366f5ff17c50c.jpgshot-20_07_07_20_57.34-0743.thumb.jpg.184a3e239efb714e67312219f34a28e5.jpgshot-20_07_07_20_58.04-0472.thumb.jpg.56abfd40efec8c2ac206375a2d2be9b4.jpg

... What are you doing? Just annoying him by ramming?

Did you see him TK in another game? Does not seem like he did anything in this one...

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,532 battles
46 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

... What are you doing? Just annoying him by ramming?

Did you see him TK in another game? Does not seem like he did anything in this one...

He tked me multiple times a few seconds into the beginning of the round, i have no idea why.

Anyways since he was pink already he just got reverse damaged while i only take 1/10th the damage i would have

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles
19 minutes ago, CV_NMSL said:

He tked me multiple times a few seconds into the beginning of the round, i have no idea why.

Anyways since he was pink already he just got reverse damaged while i only take 1/10th the damage i would have

lol

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles

You know, your censorship is so poor, ie on the level of the US that you didn't even have to bother. We all know his IGN from looking at the relevant pieces of information...

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
370 posts
8,571 battles

TK system?  you mean the automatic detection/action taken when shot by a friendly? The same as BOT detection/action ?  You make funny joke, I like. Now Gulag this way --->

In all fairness it would be very hard to distinguish between accidental damage and deliberate aside from replays. Also there are times when people accidentally drive in front of you just as you fire at a longer range target.  And then it's not always accidental either. 

Same with torpedis, sometimes people swerve into the path for no reason, sometimes on purpose, other times you fired without paying enough attention.  

Replays and hope ... 

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles

1 shot I take it as an accident. 2 shots is no longer accidental.

For torpedoes, the dumper should at least have courtesy to inform that he is performing a dangerous dump (oh poopoop). I usually go ACK!/NOO!/WATCHOUT!/OHSHIT!/etc when I realise by torp trajectory is going to hit something unintended. 

If it is from a clear distance that you are going to get hit, then it is the accidental target's responsibility to take action. If he decided to take the full hit without trying to avoid, then it is his fault. A person that purposely takes the torps should not penalise the shooter.

Unfortunately, to decide whether it is accidental or not, it need a person to review. 

[BONED]
785 posts
9,705 battles

Sorry but any idiot who hits an ally with torps from behind is to blame. Hold your torps if there is a chance you will hit your ally. Expecting them to be fighting AND worrying about dodging ally torps is ridiculous.

Otherwise imagine the crapfest trying to decide who is to blame.

Yesterday was engaged in a knife fight with another DD when one of the cruisers behind me decided to help by launching torps at said enemy DD.

Just killed the DD as I ran into one of them and lost half health. Would I be to blame for not taking evasive action from the Ally torps?

Maybe a magic reheal where whatever percentage of HP are lost are taken from the team damager to reinstate original health. 

• Cool 1

[4RSE]
400 posts
10,805 battles
20 hours ago, Puggsley said:

Sorry but any idiot who hits an ally with torps from behind is to blame. Hold your torps if there is a chance you will hit your ally. Expecting them to be fighting AND worrying about dodging ally torps is ridiculous.

Otherwise imagine the crapfest trying to decide who is to blame.

Yesterday was engaged in a knife fight with another DD when one of the cruisers behind me decided to help by launching torps at said enemy DD.

Just killed the DD as I ran into one of them and lost half health. Would I be to blame for not taking evasive action from the Ally torps?

Maybe a magic reheal where whatever percentage of HP are lost are taken from the team damager to reinstate original health. 

That situation is 100% the cruisers fault.

Try this one - A DD parked behind an island hiding from a BB. I sail past him and launch torps with a clear path to the target BB. After launching torps that DD engages speed boost and accelerates into my 4 torps, takes all 4 which somehow do not kill him then engages reverse to stop dead in the water and does nothing until the enemy BB kills him with secondaries.

Whose fault is that?

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,532 battles
14 minutes ago, lunsmann said:

That situation is 100% the cruisers fault.

Try this one - A DD parked behind an island hiding from a BB. I sail past him and launch torps with a clear path to the target BB. After launching torps that DD engages speed boost and accelerates into my 4 torps, takes all 4 which somehow do not kill him then engages reverse to stop dead in the water and does nothing until the enemy BB kills him with secondaries.

Whose fault is that?

your's 

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,151 battles
21 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

1 shot I take it as an accident. 2 shots is no longer accidental.

For torpedoes, the dumper should at least have courtesy to inform that he is performing a dangerous dump (oh poopoop). I usually go ACK!/NOO!/WATCHOUT!/OHSHIT!/etc when I realise by torp trajectory is going to hit something unintended. 

If it is from a clear distance that you are going to get hit, then it is the accidental target's responsibility to take action. If he decided to take the full hit without trying to avoid, then it is his fault. A person that purposely takes the torps should not penalise the shooter.

Unfortunately, to decide whether it is accidental or not, it need a person to review. 

Torpedos, and who is at fault is... sometimes complicated.

Some people adopt the stance that you should NEVER drop torpedos somewhere they could potentially hit an ally, regardless of the current speed and direction the that ally.

I disagree, if you play torpedo boat, you sometimes have to take risks, usually, I’ll spam F9 to the ally ship and hope they get the message.

For instance, two BBs are facing off. The ally BB could speed forward and hit your torps if you aim at the enemy. On the other hand engaging at close range might result in him losing a lot of HP, or simply ramming the enemy ship, so instead you spam F9 and drop torps and hopes he gets back. If all goes well, enemy moves forward, hits your torps, dies, and you saved the BB.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,011 posts
13,699 battles

I took Zara out to Random several times recently. And I have unintentionally scored friendly fire by her torps more frequently than Yoshino's 20 km torps. I mean I have made sure everything is clear enough to use the torps. But due to the slow travel speed, those torps hit a friendly like a whole minute later.

And WG has announced Kitakami's comeback. Imagine the horror that lies ahead if she makes it to the live server.

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles
1 hour ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

And WG has announced Kitakami's comeback. Imagine the horror that lies ahead if she makes it to the live server.

F allies. What is an ally?

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
370 posts
8,571 battles
On 7/9/2020 at 6:52 PM, Puggsley said:

I have more than once been in a situation where a friendly is clearly going in a direction angling to a target but is on low health, then for no reason charges at my torps in a different direction with me pinging and yelling, they even increase speed to ensure they get hit and end the battle. It is usually the DO NOT torp behind friendlies rule, but when they are leaving the battle and suddenly change course and increase speed while warned and the torps are visible to them for a really long time..  

I have also had players deliberately keep turning to be beside me to prevent me launching torps so they can get the kill by launching their own torps.  Only a replay (if you have it) will clear you. Also by the time you get a response you will in all likely hood not be pink anymore.

• Cool 1

[KAMI]
530 posts
6,381 battles

I will risk friendly fire if it will improve the chances of victory.

[HMAS]
78 posts

If you get torped by an Aoba, Myoko, Zao it's your own fault - everyone, especially IJN DDs, know not to get between one of them and the enemy 

(strangely Mogami and Ibuki aren't so bad)

Edited by Brettr

[SMOKE]
2,483 posts
17,999 battles
7 hours ago, Brettr said:

If you get torped by an Aoba, Myoko, Zao it's your own fault - everyone, especially IN DDs, know not to get between one of them and the enemy 

(strangely Mogami and Ibuki aren't so bad)

is this suppose to be a satire or a funny take , am not so sure ... Yoshino IMHO is far worse,

[BONED]
785 posts
9,705 battles

If you don't rely on allies to make the right choices when supporting you in other aspects of the game then you should not rely on them to dodge YOUR torps.

Sometimes I take risky torp drops to try to help an ally. And if my torps hit that ally then it is 100% my fault. 

If an ally can engage speed boost and can accelerate into your much faster torps and be hit by all four then I'm sorry but you must have launched them bloody close to that DD.

[REPOI]
9 posts
8,179 battles

Your torps, your fault.

Due to the inconsistent nature of torps as a weapon, 95% of the time having to wait a few seconds for a teammate to move out of the way won't change much. People are so willing to sacrifice teammates for maybe landing a torp or two.

Sign in to follow this