You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puggsley

No damage pens?

7 comments in this topic

[BONED]
785 posts
9,726 battles

What is the mechanism behind no damage pens?

Noticed a few right at the start of some recent games against full health targets so no hitting saturated sections of the enemy.

Don't know which part i hit it was the long range opening salvos using spotter plan. One was 2 pens and one overpen, however the damage was only for the overpen. 

Does it stay hidden and credited to you at the end of the battle similar to WoT?

Alpha Tester
88 posts
7,981 battles

It's when you hit turrets I find that you get 0 pen damage.

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,165 battles

I think those pens are when you hit modules, such as turrets. They have their own HP, but it is not credited to your damage total, taken against they own HP, I think. It’s an invisible, unknown heath pool that gets the turret destroyed when depleted.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,551 battles
17 minutes ago, Puggsley said:

What is the mechanism behind no damage pens?

Noticed a few right at the start of some recent games against full health targets so no hitting saturated sections of the enemy.

Don't know which part i hit it was the long range opening salvos using spotter plan. One was 2 pens and one overpen, however the damage was only for the overpen. 

Does it stay hidden and credited to you at the end of the battle similar to WoT?

when you penn stuff like secondaries and turrets, they have their own set of hitpoints that aren't related to the hull's AP so they can swallow up damage if not careful

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,285 battles
34 minutes ago, CV_NMSL said:

when you penn stuff like secondaries and turrets, they have their own set of hitpoints that aren't related to the hull's AP so they can swallow up damage if not careful

wows mechanics so complicated and undocumented that being a rocket scientist is insufficient to understand the whole game.