You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Anti_FIash

Trans-language Communications and Spectating

4 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
21 posts
3,418 battles

Hi Guys,

The Asian server is easily the most diverse of all the communities this game has cultivated, or indeed will ever cultivate.  Therefore, having an easy to understand and quick functioning command system is essential for turning this diversity into a cohesive player base.  I enjoy the different cultures and tactical thinking that brings - it keeps the game fresh.

My suggestion is to incorporate a command/ping wheel similar to League of Legends.  I am aware this topic has been raised but I wanted to emphasise the fundamental importance it will have in getting the players to cooperate more effectively from launch.  Speed, decisiveness, and continuous and effective communication win games.  A battle-group working in harmony within their uniquely defined roles is a joy to behold and incredibly effective.

Here is a mock up of one I prepared earlier:

WOWS Command Wheel Prototype.png

Each ping would have a unique tone and mini-map icon that will highlight the area targeted and its originator.  Pings can be capped per minute to reduce deliberate overuse.

Additionally:  Will we ever see spectating for WOWS games, or for that matter, a pro-league?

Cheers

WOWS Command Wheel Prototype.png

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

As Gezeiten_Heimatwelt said, radial menu is already a thing in WoT, so expect it added to WoWS at some point, as well. Along with F-keys chat command, probably.

There's a recent thread on this, too.

Edited by Kempf

Beta Tester
7 posts
11 battles

[content removed]

Allusions of racial supremacy. Post edited, user already sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade