You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Drakon233

ST blog: legendary modules updates & new modules

33 comments in this topic

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,589 battles

The hell they need to make my Audacious Stronger instead of buffing the planes ...

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,108 battles

i am not happy they nerf my destroyer zao module!!!!!

WHY WARGAMING 😞

Edited by Gummiheng
  • Cool 2

[LYNMF]
Beta Tester
1,982 posts
6,589 battles
1 minute ago, Gummiheng said:

WHY WARGAMING

Apparently , normies think Zao is still overly too powerful, thats why they cry to Weegee.

• Cool 2

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,009 posts
13,678 battles

Minotaur was already struggling to survive with the dispersion bonus, and they remove it to improve her survivability. How in the fudge that makes sense?

Kremlin's UU is straight up suicidal, and useless for the meta in our server. Her main gun range with it would be 18.2 km, so good luck being outranged by most HE spammers.

[151ST]
3,535 posts
11,913 battles

Sigh...

The whole UU thing is pointless for the most part.

Zao's is now going to be a questionable pick.

'Sidegrades' only work when the ship has a variety of options for playstyle.

Zao as an example - the choice (albeit not a 50-50) is giving up a bit of extra range for a bit of rudder shift and a bit better accuracy. By removing the rudder shift I would question the value now.

I honestly don't think Zao's is worth it anymore, not that it was that great to start with. (Yes I currently run it).

Le sigh!!

I mean let's be honest, the main issue with Zao is she's been powercrept... I will always love her though!

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 3

[TLS]
4,835 posts
21,259 battles
14 minutes ago, Gummiheng said:

WHY WARGAMING 😞

Stupid move. The UU already sacrificed range OR RoF for a little more manuverability. If I remember correctly, I took RoF prior to using the UU. Now no point in using the UU. Give me free module respec.

Yamato's should have removed the dispersion. Already game stagnating with camping, this will not do anything to improve.

11 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

Minotaur was already struggling to survive with the dispersion bonus, and they remove it to improve her survivability. How in the fudge that makes sense?

Agreed. Only people who don't know how to kill a mino complains.

Kremlin's is a good one except for the -1 consumable. It does not need that debuff.

Audacious' is audaciously stupid. No sane CV player going to do that in randoms given how people play. As if anyone plays crappy RN T10 CV anyway. Right @CV_NMSL?

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,835 posts
21,259 battles
3 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Sigh...

Zao as an example - the choice (albeit not a 50-50) is giving up a bit of extra range for a bit of rudder shift and a bit better accuracy. By removing the rudder shift I would question the value now.

I honestly don't think Zao's is worth it anymore, not that it was that great to start with. (Yes I currently run it).

Le sigh!!

I mean let's be honest, the main issue with Zao is she's been powercrept... I will always love her though!

See my previous comment re: Zao. Fortunately I ground out most of the useful UUs early on. The good thing with this stupid UU rework is that I don't have to bother spending Rubbish Points to get them.

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,778 posts
28,507 battles
22 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Why bring the carrier closer instead of faster planes?

ikr, and the biggest irony is that out of all the T10 CVs currently live audacious has the shittest armor and the worst concealment,

whatever the fuck WG is smokeing/snorking/drinking i want some

• Cool 2

[GU-GU]
53 posts
16,493 battles

Hey,why I must follow how to play the game in Wargaming`s method?

A lot of Thunderers in game now,we need to save our hit point to make more effect in match,you wanna play kermlin from 4 Thunderer`s he shell?

image.thumb.png.864bed111ccad0943d0e35efa7a059b4.png

No one wanna get in 20km fire range in top tier match,Do you understand that?

• Cool 1

1,586 posts
7,892 battles
25 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Sigh...

Le sigh!!

Zao's mobility, by the standard of 0.9.5, is already middling: she is relatively fast but far from the fastest, and her rapid rudder shift is hampered by relatively large turning radius and mediocre actual turning speed, not to say she is still suffering from the HP pool nerf and concepts of balance and realism (at least relative; in contrast Venezia) back to 2015. I wonder what sort of performance statistics makes WG to consider that Zao's legendary mod should be nerfed; the ship herself should be buffed to make her more viable in today's meta.

[151ST]
3,535 posts
11,913 battles
11 minutes ago, BB61_Iowaclass said:

A lot of Thunderers in game now,we need to save our hit point to make more effect in match,you wanna play kermlin from 4 Thunderer`s he shell?

Yeah I've been against HE spam from BBs aince forever, halve the fire chance on BB HE is a good step... (Not one WG will ever take though)

Thunderer would still be fine, her AP is normalised.

RN BBs would probs be ok due to big HE alpha...

*shrugs* back on legendaries, they were a bad idea to begin with because WG are so horrible at balancing...

I vaguely remember certain CCs being like 'some of them are legit side grades' and I was thinking 'no they aren't, min-maxing is always the most effective thing'. So eventually the dust settles and it's a simple yes/no pick.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 2

[151ST]
3,535 posts
11,913 battles
Just now, Project45_Opytny said:

Zao's mobility, by the standard of 0.9.5, is already middling: she is relatively fast but far from the fastest, and her rapid rudder shift is hampered by relatively large turning radius and mediocre actual turning speed, not to say she is still suffering from the HP pool nerf and concepts of balance and realism (at least relative; in contrast Venezia) back to 2015. I wonder what sort of performance statistics makes WG to consider that Zao's legendary mod should be nerfed; the ship herself should be buffed to make her more viable in today's meta.

I have run out of upvotes... Otherwise you would get one...

Agreed.

Give her 32mm Armour and a bit of HP, then she'd be where she was 4 years ago... 😉

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,835 posts
21,259 battles
15 minutes ago, BB61_Iowaclass said:

My god. What fking bullshit MM is that!? 7 Premiums on one team. 1 on the other. This is exactly the bullshit MM we have been talking about. 2 thunderers and at least 1 smelly should be on your team.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,835 posts
21,259 battles
5 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Give her 32mm Armour and a bit of HP, then she'd be where she was 4 years ago... 😉

No. Just give her back her stealth firing. That is all I need.

[-CAT-]
3,381 posts
13,528 battles

Again Audacious is not T10. She is a T9 ship comparable to Essex class.

The Malta class is the true RN T10 aircraft carrier. She is in par with Midway class in terms of size and displacement.

And her UU is :Smile_facepalm:. That UU is for German CV. Did you (WG) got your nation gimmick mixed up?

It's as if WG do more thing wrong than right since 2019.

[TLS]
4,835 posts
21,259 battles
13 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Quote: "Because UU should not be used to balance ships. BLAH BLAH BLAH" <insert the infinite amount of sarcasm here> Instead of fixing unimportant things first wg, how about fixing the ship first BEFORE considering her UU?

[-CAT-]
3,381 posts
13,528 battles

Lastly, I do not have any problem regarding the changes in the unique upgrade. "Much".

It is how to acquire the unique upgrade is where the problem is.

The community / playerbase has strongly oppose the idea of a re-grind / re-crawl. Even when the mechanic was still in development. But alas, not only you (WG) did not listen to the feedbacks, you (WG) only renamed it. The core mechanic / problem is still there.

Now that unique upgrade is put inside in this mechanic, this thus complete the original idea / plan of "Naval Training Center (NTC)". Where players must re-gring / re-crawl in order to get the "buff".

The playerbase / community has strongly oppose the re-grind / re-crawl idea.

You (WG) mention of asking (forcing) players to play low tier, but being able to use FXP to progress, defeat's the purpose of playing low tier.

Not only it does not make players play low tier, you also sell all their acquired ships at half the original price. That is highway robbery.

And the resource only starts at tier 5. That's only half of the tech tree, while the reset is the entire line from tier 2. That is another highway robbery.

All for a snowflake mechanic that is only collectable once. It's not a good trade or deal.

The entire thing is done so poorly that people took the advice of "The Art of the Deal". Walk away.

Lastly, you (WG) said that you will rework the Naval Training Center (NTC). Instead you (WG) only renamed it.

Rework this mechanic / problem as promised. It does not deserve the name "Research Bureau (RB)".

Now that unique upgrade is put inside in this mechanic, this thus complete the original idea / plan of "Naval Training Center (NTC)". Where players must re-gring / re-crawl in order to get the "buff".

A good idea on Call of Duty does not mean it is a good idea on World of Warships. Do not just copy other's work. Know your product. Study the risks and feedbacks before implementing.

[TLS]
4,835 posts
21,259 battles

@S0und_TheifActually with the way UU are going to be now, there is no point in wasting rubbish points to acquire them. If UU came out now instead of by missions, I would give almost all of them a miss instead of gathering rubbish points. I think I ground out 10 9 UUs from the missions (Haku, Hinden, DM, Zao, Shima, Mosk, worc (teh worst UU evar until Audacious' coming one), Yamato, Mino). If I had to start now, Mino and possibly is the only one that I would even consider now. Only Zao, Mino and DM I run the UU. because the tradeoffs were acceptable. For Zao and DM, trade range for agility. Now, I would stick with range modules instead.

Oh yes, one thing good about using the ship to grind out the UU was that I learnt the best and worst of the ships during the grind. At least I know how to maximize their performance through playing them. Now, people will get them without knowing how their ship plays.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 2

[LGND]
569 posts
13,701 battles

Midway and Hakuryu UU seems Okayish...

Midway already got noice HP planes combined with Ochevkin.... with this UU this thing will more deadly especially when Hit BB with 32 mm deck and lucky hit to DD 12.300 damage its no joke and 10% more faster Bomber :Smile_trollface:

[MRI]
3,784 posts
16,808 battles

I am just glad my Midway and Haku can finally use their Unique Upgrades.

As for the newer upgrades for more recent ships I don't really care since they will be locked behind the Research Bureau. :Smile_sceptic:

[SMOKE]
2,476 posts
17,988 battles

GROZ was too good with her guns ; we shall nerf her torp ...... What kind of logic is that ... Harugumo to get crawling smoke ; T10 Perth !? And Kleber .... Hmm ..... and Z-52 .. hell the problem is its guns DPM and Concealment , not the torp .... Daring - well kind of OK but , not seems much of a side-grade either , torpedo is so inconsistent in able to hit anything means this is very unlikely to be of much use and what 6.6KM concealment .....

Edited by Mechfori

[-CAT-]
3,381 posts
13,528 battles

BTW, pardon my ignorance as I have yet to aquire my first T10 tech tree ship, when you have aquired your UU, does WG want you to spend doubloons to demount the UU?
Just like regular upgrades, where you have to spend doubloons to demount upgrades.