You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Neufert1

What is difference of KITAKAZE and HARUGUMO

23 comments in this topic

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles

what is difference of Kitakaze and Harugumo ? i'm matching all specs and almost all of them same , so do i need harugumo ? i want to reach shimakaze , After harugumo or now will i try ? 

Advise pls 

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles
21 minutes ago, YoongBinShukTH said:

Haru has more guns

more hp.

more range detect.

less speed.

etc

I guess that's all because i think " these are not too important".

[MRI]
3,786 posts
16,841 battles

Harugumo can an extra turret with its all of its benefits.

But it also has worse concealment and is far less agile.

And while it has more HP, the Harugumo is one of the 2 DDs that take full penetration damage from BB AP (the other being Khabarovsk).

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles

thank you to all for the information ! I appreciate to all of  you.

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

Harugumo can an extra turret with its all of its benefits.

But it also has worse concealment and is far less agile.

And while it has more HP, the Harugumo is one of the 2 DDs that take full penetration damage from BB AP (the other being Khabarovsk).

So what is your advise for same class DD instead harugumo  ?  should i reach to harugumo did you advise ? so what about Halland ? I saw many times, torpedos range too good, AA is too strong.  I guess more strongest than harugumo ? May be the i can reach to halland instead of Shimakaze or Harrugumo ? almost half techtree is opened for shimakaze, and i have 1 step to  harrugumo. 

[MALD]
[MALD]
711 posts
3,929 battles

In comparison to Halland, Harugumo's HE has baked in improved penetration (iirc 30 mm pen without IFHE), 3 more turrets (and thus practical DPM), torpedoes that actually sting, and smoke.

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles
20 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

In comparison to Halland, Harugumo's HE has baked in improved penetration (iirc 30 mm pen without IFHE), 3 more turrets (and thus practical DPM), torpedoes that actually sting, and smoke.

So harugumo more suitable for me. Thanks for your all efforts  ! 🙂

[151ST]
3,538 posts
11,931 battles
2 hours ago, Neufert1 said:

So harugumo more suitable for me. Thanks for your all efforts  ! 🙂

Harugumo is a HE spammer that works more like a super small Light Cruiser (CL) than a DD.

Shima is a classic stealth DD with a torpedo focus.

Halland is similar to Shima but with great AA, no smoke and better gun qualities.

Halland isn't like Harugumo.

Play what you enjoy but tier-for-tier, Kitakaze is better than Harugumo, being more like a DD.

If you like Kitakaze you may like Harugumo but if you like Kagero or Yugumo you definitely will like Shimakaze.

My suggestion would be unlock Haru (so keep playing Kita) and unlock the others at same time and take some time to think about what you prefer. Either way I'd keep Kitakaze, regardless of whether you get Haru or not.

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,532 battles
6 hours ago, Neufert1 said:

what is difference of Kitakaze and Harugumo ? i'm matching all specs and almost all of them same , so do i need harugumo ? i want to reach shimakaze , After harugumo or now will i try ? 

Advise pls 

they... aren't remotely the same kid

kitakaze is a pretty decent hybrid DD that can do both brawls, capping and HE spam, combined with good concealment for such a heavy broadside of guns at the tier she's considered one of if not the best DD

harugumo gets 1 extra gun in exchange for worse concealment, eating full penns from BBAP slower speed and a turning circle the size of Jupiter, and she's considered one of the worst DDs at T10

• Cool 1

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
370 posts
8,571 battles
7 hours ago, Neufert1 said:

I guess that's all because i think " these are not too important".

Hp, range, more guns, range detection, less speed ??? not too important????

Please tell me what you do think is important  in a game based on speed, guns, hp, range detection.

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,532 battles
3 minutes ago, Tagnbag said:

Please tell me what you do think is important  in a game based on speed, guns, hp, range detection.

shh, dont disagree with the OP. he'll threaten to spill your milk

• Funny 1

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
370 posts
8,571 battles

What is the difference between a German  CV and an Italian Cruiser?  HP/Speed/Guns/Detection/Planes ...  otherwise nothing. Both pixel ships in a Russian fantasy game.

Milk.jpg

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,011 posts
13,704 battles

I'd welcome anyone to ditch their Kitakaze & get Harugumo instead.

My Audacious & Kremlin loves hitting that lumbering boat. Enjoy the 42 rockets & the railguns guided by Stalin's will:Smile_trollface:

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles
20 minutes ago, Reinhard_of_Avercland said:

I'd welcome anyone to ditch their Kitakaze & get Harugumo instead.

My Audacious & Kremlin loves hitting that lumbering boat. Enjoy the 42 rockets & the railguns guided by Stalin's will:Smile_trollface:

I have absolutely no kitakaze and enjoy my harugumo.

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles
5 hours ago, Tagnbag said:

Yes, actually  all of them too important but as theorical, i can't see much difference but, now i'm reach to harigumo and i can understand difference. Gameplay is really too different than each other. Little bit harder, i'm new with DD, i'm playing like Atlanta with harigumo , and i'm trying to learn harigumo 🙂

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles
7 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Harugumo is a HE spammer that works more like a super small Light Cruiser (CL) than a DD.

Shima is a classic stealth DD with a torpedo focus.

Halland is similar to Shima but with great AA, no smoke and better gun qualities.

Halland isn't like Harugumo.

Play what you enjoy but tier-for-tier, Kitakaze is better than Harugumo, being more like a DD.

If you like Kitakaze you may like Harugumo but if you like Kagero or Yugumo you definitely will like Shimakaze.

My suggestion would be unlock Haru (so keep playing Kita) and unlock the others at same time and take some time to think about what you prefer. Either way I'd keep Kitakaze, regardless of whether you get Haru or not.

I'm unlocked, thanks for the advise, she's gameplay is so funny, but i can't receive much money, exp and damage , i can do it with more time i guess. Actually i like to play with atlanta and harigumo almost like atlanta but too much stronger than atlanta. I guess  after shimakaze, everything should be done 🙂

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles
6 hours ago, CV_NMSL said:

they... aren't remotely the same kid

kitakaze is a pretty decent hybrid DD that can do both brawls, capping and HE spam, combined with good concealment for such a heavy broadside of guns at the tier she's considered one of if not the best DD

harugumo gets 1 extra gun in exchange for worse concealment, eating full penns from BBAP slower speed and a turning circle the size of Jupiter, and she's considered one of the worst DDs at T10

Thanks for the explaining of their ability and specs. That's too important for me and i can understand difference due to you. Even, i'd like to harigumo 🙂 i will unlock next  time shimakaze with more torpedo focused gameplay, and yes you're right, harigumo ability is little bit limited, also i need to unlock privacy upgrade. it will more suitable after this upgrade i guess.

Thank you.

Edited by Neufert1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,532 battles
17 minutes ago, Neufert1 said:

Thanks for the explaining of their ability and specs. That's too important for me and i can understand difference due to you. Even, i'd like to harigumo 🙂 i will unlock next  time shimakaze with more torpedo focused gameplay, and yes you're right, harigumo ability is little bit limited, also i need to unlock privacy upgrade. it will more suitable after this upgrade i guess.

Thank you.

you're learning, that's good, it's actually nice to see people listening to advice

[REPOI]
297 posts
13,859 battles

Armour Layout: Harugumo and Kitakaze pretty much shares the same armour layout. Harugumo with an additional 4.9k HP without SE. But take note Harugumo takes full AP pen which can be devestating.
Artillery: Harugumo has an additional turrent, giving it more dakka power. 30mm base penetration which can be brought up to 37mm with IFHE at the cost of 1/2 your base fire chance. Just a dakka machine with very good DPM.
Torpedos: Pretty much no difference at all. Both have pretty much the same loadout.
AA Defence: Harugumo has slightly better AA because of it's additional main turret, giving it extra 1 flak. Won't matter much.
Maneuverability: Harugumo is slightly slower at -0.3knots, Turns like a brick at 830m compared to Kita's 730m, 5.5s rudder shift compared to Kita's 4.6s, In general, it is quite sluggish.
Concealment: 6.9km with Concealment Mod 1 on Harugumo and 6.6km with Concealment Mod 1 on Kita, quite a large concealment, but can be worked with.

To conclude, I find myself having more fun with the Kitakaze compared to the Harugumo, I am not saying that Harugumo is bad but what can be done in the Harugumo can also be done in the Kitakaze with just slightly less firepower.
Got caught offguard by a BB's AP in Kitakaze? Might hurt but you can still get away with it, Harugumo? Wish you do not get slapped.

And just a note to you @Neufert1, we are willing to help, if you can listen to us with our feedbacks. If you keep up with what you did previously, then don't expect us to sugarcoat to cater to your needs.

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles
31 minutes ago, HoChunHao said:

Armour Layout: Harugumo and Kitakaze pretty much shares the same armour layout. Harugumo with an additional 4.9k HP without SE. But take note Harugumo takes full AP pen which can be devestating.
Artillery: Harugumo has an additional turrent, giving it more dakka power. 30mm base penetration which can be brought up to 37mm with IFHE at the cost of 1/2 your base fire chance. Just a dakka machine with very good DPM.
Torpedos: Pretty much no difference at all. Both have pretty much the same loadout.
AA Defence: Harugumo has slightly better AA because of it's additional main turret, giving it extra 1 flak. Won't matter much.
Maneuverability: Harugumo is slightly slower at -0.3knots, Turns like a brick at 830m compared to Kita's 730m, 5.5s rudder shift compared to Kita's 4.6s, In general, it is quite sluggish.
Concealment: 6.9km with Concealment Mod 1 on Harugumo and 6.6km with Concealment Mod 1 on Kita, quite a large concealment, but can be worked with.

To conclude, I find myself having more fun with the Kitakaze compared to the Harugumo, I am not saying that Harugumo is bad but what can be done in the Harugumo can also be done in the Kitakaze with just slightly less firepower.
Got caught offguard by a BB's AP in Kitakaze? Might hurt but you can still get away with it, Harugumo? Wish you do not get slapped.

And just a note to you @Neufert1, we are willing to help, if you can listen to us with our feedbacks. If you keep up with what you did previously, then don't expect us to sugarcoat to cater to your needs.

Thanks for your all efforst. All of them perfect information.

Thank you.

[LNA]
2,093 posts
15,375 battles

The real sting when you compare Haru to Kita is not their marginal difference in 1 stat in favour of the other.

The real pain not is not listed in game stat sheet : The acceleration. Turning a bit worse or having a worse radii can be remedied by skill , but not acceleration. You really need the acceleration mod on this thing if you don't want to get wrecked by HE looking your way. It's the most noticeable change from 9 to 10. You  go from a snappy responding control sportcar to a sluggish unresponsive engine of a tow truck.