Halsey_rex

Cost per battle

6 comments in this topic

[DAARK]
185 posts
3,984 battles

I just got a tier 8 ship and it costs 52k per battle. OUCH!

Besides kill more, is there anything else I need to be aware of?

MAHAN cost 26k per battle

FARRAGUT cost 18k

I played Benson in a ranked battle and that cost me 67K and land me -6k. any ideas on this one...I thought the service costs were static besides camo or signals.

Edited by Halsey_rex

[KAMI]
[KAMI]
14 posts
4,739 battles

Nope, service costs scale with the ship tier, it gets more expensive as you go up. (Unless they're premium ships, they still scale up, but costs a lot less overall)

I wouldn't use "kill more" per se, rather, contribute to your team winning. Deal damage, contest caps. It is entirely possible for someone with no kills to earn more base credits and xp than someone who kraken'ed.

If you spend real money, you can get premium camos, or else use the flags that you can get for free

• Cool 2

[-CAT-]
3,393 posts
13,561 battles

Also adding to foxbat's points, since you are a DD player, spotting also gives you points.

And also, any tech tree ships from T8 to T10 without permanent camo will cost you per battle.

So expect some battles with negative income.

[DAARK]
185 posts
3,984 battles
8 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Also adding to foxbat's points, since you are a DD player, spotting also gives you points.

And also, any tech tree ships from T8 to T10 without permanent camo will cost you per battle.

So expect some battles with negative income.

It was the first thing I did was buy a permanent camo...The price has come down from 52k to 49-47K NO IDEA WHY.

[-CAT-]
3,393 posts
13,561 battles
10 minutes ago, Halsey_rex said:

It was the first thing I did was buy a permanent camo...The price has come down from 52k to 49-47K NO IDEA WHY.

Every battle is different and every battle will force you to make decisions.

Decisions that may give you good credit returns or less.

Sadly I can not give you a consistent formula on this. It will all depend on how the game is played and its progresses. Nothing is consistent. :Smile_sad:

As a DD, aside from attacking with your guns and torpedoes, spotting, capping, defending a cap, causing fire and flooding, avoiding enemy torpedoes and gunfire are a few ways you may earn points.

And stay alive for as long as you can.

Sorry if I can not give more.

• Cool 1

[SMOKE]
2,487 posts
18,013 battles

all the aforementioned are correct, but unfortunately they do not scale the same in this game , like it or not, the game still bias the reward heavily towards damage dealing and that is why so many are unwilling to tank and fight the front but always just wanting to range, back lance cruising , sniping, farming and keep shouting for others to fight the front ( especially liking to ask DD to do that ) ... so in the end that drive many DD player also to ignore their part and play and center on farming, I cannot blame them for that , cause most Cruisers, BB do that today and no less the CV ...

Fighting the front unfortunately do not always return you any reward , screening the flank do yield nothing , early warning upon incoming torp by placing yourself in front give you nothing , sending torp into areas and deny enemy entry to cap yield zero reward , Torping into flank to halt or delay enemy advance do nothing to your gain ... Damage deal upon spotting is almost a meaningless reward as its always divided between all who can spot the said ship so unless you are the sole spotting mean , otherwise the reward is but minimal and usually not worth the risk ( I am sure Cruiser and BB player disagree with that but as a DD your survival is paramount and above the need to spot so they can farm )

At current state of game a DD best chance for reward is still surviving long enough to had chances to do enough damage dealing ... and if and only if condition allows, go cap , or PUSH ( and making sure you had a team that actually back you up ), and that goes from Tier 2 all the way up to Tier 10 and especially at the mid to high tiers, Do remember you are in a DD then you need Close Support, AA Cover, Fire suppression and fire cover and when you need it you need it NOW, immediate and ferocious. Not waiting for yet another reload , another 30 sec from that BB or waiting for that Cruiser to turn their gun. If you find that your team is not in a position to provide that you should consider your positioning and what you want to do .. risking anything usually mean a quick trip back to the port and even if alive after the skirmish, even less chance to earn anything.