You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kongman

Spotter planes

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

what do they really do .

do they increase the ships spotting range , or do they have there own spotting or sight radius .

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

They checking local area, not wide as range of the ship guns. ( I think, cause I use kongou, and they just flying circle around the ship, not far from the ship)

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

They checking local area, not wide as range of the ship guns. ( I think, cause I use kongou, and they just flying circle around the ship, not far from the ship)

dose sit increase the ships spotting range or does it have its own spotting range. 

Beta Tester
172 posts
58 battles

IIRC increases your range and spot torps earlier (until 3.1)

But there's a captain skill which says "+10% to all aircraft viewing radius, including scouts". Also, if scout planes increase their owner's view range, how do they spot DDs over terrain or smoke? I think they've got their own.

Already in Alpha Testers
300 posts
938 battles

Anecdotally scout planes increase your effective spotting range by quite a bit when they are airborne. With cruisers at least it is quite noticeable how blind you become when your scout plane gets shot down, especially against DD's.

Beta Tester
131 posts
2,024 battles

For BB its more torpedo spotting and DD's, you standard view range is quite far already, plane only flys 10k? away and average ship view range is 16+?