Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S0und_Theif

NTC Points / Tokens for Grinds

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,677
[-CAT-]
Member
3,415 posts
13,592 battles

WG basically conceding to players that their glorious Naval Training Center (NTC) has gloriously failed to meet player expectation and population. So they are giving the "NTC Points" for free. But you have to work for it.

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/sales-and-events/missions-095-weekly-2/

Still ignoring the fact that the Naval Training Center (NTC) is never a good idea and was never liked, even before it was renamed (Not Reworked as promised).

A gentle harsh reminder to WG. And look at those comments. :Smile_trollface:

 

Note: Only players who has unlocked Naval Training Center (NTC) is eligible to earn them. Players who has not yet unlocked Naval Training Center [five T10 ships] will not be eligible to collect these resource. Kind of discriminatory to other players.
Note: Now that unique upgrade is put inside in this mechanic, this thus complete the original idea / plan of "Naval Training Center (NTC)". Where players must re-gring / re-crawl in order to get the "buff". It no longer deserve the name "Research Bureau (RB)"

 

A good idea on Call of Duty does not mean it is a good idea on World of Warships. Do not copy other's work. Know your product. Study the risks and feedbacks before implementing.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,677
[-CAT-]
Member
3,415 posts
13,592 battles
1 hour ago, MatterCore said:

Hotel California

88ca384a-bc6d-11ea-8367-d89d6715223c_120

Are they going to put her in NTC as well?

Aiyayai! :fish_palm:

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,456
[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,751 posts
43,431 battles
4 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Are they going to put her in NTC as well?

 

for American day :fish_aqua: for sale

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,628
[CLAY]
Member
3,231 posts
14,200 battles

Who was it who kept saying that RB/NTC should be aesthetics only?

Oh right, @S4pp3R

And who was it who kept saying it would be more acceptable if we didn’t give up our fleets?

Oh yeah me and @Paladinum

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,409
[151ST]
Member
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
40 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Who was it who kept saying that RB/NTC should be aesthetics only?

Oh right, @S4pp3R

And who was it who kept saying it would be more acceptable if we didn’t give up our fleets?

Oh yeah me and @Paladinum

Ah man...

This is one of those ones that hurts...

Anyone seen the Atlanta cosmetic? Sigh... 

You watch, they'll put it in there, no one will buy and they'll be like 'see people didn't want cosmetics'

Yes because you chose a completely inauthentic, off-topic smismortion of a skin. It's like wearing a hawaiin shirt to a classic 'in black' funeral...

Seriously ***ERGHHHHHHH***

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,561
[REPOI]
[REPOI]
Member
6,784 posts
28,571 battles
 
 
 
 
2
2 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Yes because you chose a completely inauthentic, off-topic smismortion of a skin. It's like wearing a hawaiin shirt to a classic 'in black' funeral...

life is too short to not wear Hawaiian shirts to a funeral 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,409
[151ST]
Member
3,556 posts
11,949 battles

@CV_NMSL no... life is too short to waste it on a hawaiin shirt 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,392
[MRI]
Member
3,794 posts
16,860 battles

 

12 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

@CV_NMSL no... life is too short to waste it on a hawaiin shirt 😉

I wouldn't mind wearing a Haiiwan shirt at my own funeral though. :Smile-_tongue:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,353
[TLS]
Member
4,858 posts
21,287 battles
33 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

 

I wouldn't mind wearing a Haiiwan shirt at my own funeral though. :Smile-_tongue:

That can be arranged....

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,392
[MRI]
Member
3,794 posts
16,860 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

That can be arranged....

:Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,677
[-CAT-]
Member
3,415 posts
13,592 battles
12 hours ago, MatterCore said:

for American day :fish_aqua: for sale

Glad to hear it is sale and not "that" trash. :Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,677
[-CAT-]
Member
3,415 posts
13,592 battles

@S4pp3R

Do we see a video about NTC / RB in the future?

I sense a lot of :etc_swear: in that video. But its ok, at least it's an honest opinion and feedback from the player / community.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,409
[151ST]
Member
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
57 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

@S4pp3R

Do we see a video about NTC / RB in the future?

I sense a lot of :etc_swear: in that video. But its ok, at least it's an honest opinion and feedback from the player / community.

Lol! Yeah I've tried to limit the number of swearing ones, just to keep them a little more special.

Yes there is one on the distant horizon, but there are many in various stages atm... Sadly I'm flatout with work so lose a lot of time and effort to that, I'd guess a bit more regularity from around the end of September...

Main hindrance on the RB topic is progression... They've added the Legendaries in but they havent finished the progression towards 'balanced' modules yet. They also still haven't fluffed out any decent amount of content in it yet. So basically they haven't progressed it far enough to warrant another video just yet.

ATM for those interested:

Currently actively working on (all In-Depths):

- Commonwealth (CW) DDs

- CW CLs

- CW CVs

- CW Premiums

On-hold/in holding pattern:

- Un-Eff-It - CVs

- Un-Eff-It - HE spam

- Un-Eff-It - RB2.0/NTC3.0

- BLUF - Graf Spee

- BLUF - Perth

- BLUF RM CA line

- BLUF [redacted], [redacted] and [redacted] lines.

Planned:

- In-Depth - Subs 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

- BLUF - IJN CA line, BB line, KM CAs, RN CLs and many more

- In-Depth - How could actual Clan Wars work?

But even if I get into a 1/fortnight (2 weeks) which would be fast given RL, I have far more ideas and things in progress than I have time...

😢

And that's not including other game stuff like Deep Rock Galactic and Assassins Creed Valhalla... ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54
[O7]
Member
185 posts
18,594 battles
23 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

WG basically conceding to players that their glorious Naval Training Center (NTC) has gloriously failed to meet player expectation and population. So they are giving the "NTC Points" for free. But you have to work for it.

 

Does this mean Ranked battles are also not working as they are also giving away steel?  (And also with Christmas snowflakes)

Its just another option..  if you are interested..  or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,677
[-CAT-]
Member
3,415 posts
13,592 battles
4 hours ago, Jayde2405 said:

Does this mean Ranked battles are also not working as they are also giving away steel?  (And also with Christmas snowflakes)

Its just another option..  if you are interested..  or not.

In a way. I think it's not only you who had this feeling. I think most players also feel the same.

 

Recently, including the CV in both ranked and clan is a major factor. There have been fewer and fewer players playing ranked and clan due to CV.

Ranked is already too toxic on higher ranks. And adding CV just made things worse. (Remember the CV Arms Race) Most players would just be happy to stop at Ranked 10 and keep their sanity, rather than continue and lose their sanity.

Bots (scripted cheaters) is also a major factor. Win or lose, they just keep playing until they reach Rank 1 or reach the top Clan. And WG has made little to no effort to ban them. (Until recently. By recently, I mean 2020 recently.)

Edited by S0und_Theif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,677
[-CAT-]
Member
3,415 posts
13,592 battles
6 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Lol! Yeah I've tried to limit the number of swearing ones, just to keep them a little more special.

Good point. Though I am used to hear some ozzie and kiwi swear alot, in the end, it is a content video. Wouldn't want to get it flagged for no reason. (Especially watching Ozzieman & Monty and Auto Expert. A daily dose of swearing.)

And not every one is strong hearted to hear a person swear in every single sentence.

 

6 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Yes there is one on the distant horizon, but there are many in various stages atm... Sadly I'm flatout with work so lose a lot of time and effort to that, I'd guess a bit more regularity from around the end of September...

Main hindrance on the RB topic is progression... They've added the Legendaries in but they havent finished the progression towards 'balanced' modules yet. They also still haven't fluffed out any decent amount of content in it yet. So basically they haven't progressed it far enough to warrant another video just yet.

:Smile_sad:

Understood mate. And take care of yourself. Don't overdo yourself and burn yourself out.

We still have the beer virus to worry. Die beer virus, die! So that we can live!

 

6 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

ATM for those interested:

Currently actively working on (all In-Depths):

- Commonwealth (CW) DDs

- CW CLs

- CW CVs

- CW Premiums

On-hold/in holding pattern:

- Un-Eff-It - CVs

- Un-Eff-It - HE spam

- Un-Eff-It - RB2.0/NTC3.0

- BLUF - Graf Spee

- BLUF - Perth

- BLUF RM CA line

- BLUF [redacted], [redacted] and [redacted] lines.

Planned:

- In-Depth - Subs 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.

- BLUF - IJN CA line, BB line, KM CAs, RN CLs and many more

- In-Depth - How could actual Clan Wars work?

:Smile_ohmy:

That's quite a queue.

Still, like your works.

 

If you want to check out some of my tech tree suggestions, I will gladly give you some of my old suggestions. It's a bit outdated, and WG keeps pumping out new contents, I sometimes have to redo or consider some ships and put them into the tech tree or hopefully freemium shop.

Some / most of the lines was a collab work with palladinum so credit him too.

And since WG is also making paper ships, there are a few possible ship designs that could atleast complete the tech tree.

 

6 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

But even if I get into a 1/fortnight (2 weeks) which would be fast given RL, I have far more ideas and things in progress than I have time...

😢

And that's not including other game stuff like Deep Rock Galactic and Assassins Creed Valhalla... ...

Looking on the bright side though, you have a diverse game contents and interests. And not shackled to one game or interest.

Although understandably, they will consume time, but being diverse means you can still continue to create contents even if one of them ends.

No matter what games. Big names or small indie games, you won't run out of contents. :Smile_smile:

 

Cheers mate. 🍻

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,409
[151ST]
Member
3,556 posts
11,949 battles

@S0und_Theif thanks mate!!!

I used a bit of your stuff for reference when I did the CW Tree video, when I said 'this is based on work from a lot of people' you were one of them 🙂

Work is all g, it's just when it's quieter there's a backlog of batch processing that needs doing so I queue it up and write scripts, which helps motivate me to do the videos in my own time.

Yeah heaps of stuffs lol, I don't run out of ideas thankfully, just time and effort, lol.

Plus side - I'll have a lot of time off at end of the year, but a lot of that time will end up being taken by my first child being born (son)... Sooooo yeah, depending on my missus/him I may have a lot of editing time or none at all, lol.

Andddddddd back on topic a little; I find it worrying we still haven't seen Yamato/Moskva/Zao legendary changes as well as the hinted further changes to RB but we are seeing other stuff like Clan Port and things...

That generally indicates they don't know how to proceed.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
209
[4RSE]
Member
403 posts
10,856 battles
On 7/3/2020 at 2:25 PM, S4pp3R said:

Anyone seen the Atlanta cosmetic? Sigh... 

You watch, they'll put it in there, no one will buy and they'll be like 'see people didn't want cosmetics'

I love that Atlanta skin - going to definitely get it. Become one with the island you are hiding behind.

However, I assume the bonuses will be identical to the existing camo, and that for me is the real problem with most of these extra camo's we have to pay real money for. Give better bonuses and they will sell. Examples being the skins for Ashitaka, Kii and Roma - T7 and 8 ships with the same bonuses as the T10 permanent camo. 

 

I think wargaming are also missing a few tricks with ships like Atlanta, I want a rainbow skin (for pride month) that comes with rainbow tracers - to match the shell arcs. Painting lovely rainbows across the sky will cheer everyone up.

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,677
[-CAT-]
Member
3,415 posts
13,592 battles
6 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

@S0und_Theif thanks mate!!!

I used a bit of your stuff for reference when I did the CW Tree video, when I said 'this is based on work from a lot of people' you were one of them 🙂

:Smile_medal:

 

7 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Plus side - I'll have a lot of time off at end of the year, but a lot of that time will end up being taken by my first child being born (son)... Sooooo yeah, depending on my missus/him I may have a lot of editing time or none at all, lol.

Congratz mate. For being a dad.

 

7 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Andddddddd back on topic a little; I find it worrying we still haven't seen Yamato/Moskva/Zao legendary changes as well as the hinted further changes to RB but we are seeing other stuff like Clan Port and things...

That generally indicates they don't know how to proceed.

I think (just my gut feeling) that there is some internal conflict or power struggle within the company or the studio they are working with.

With the people posting on twitter what it feels like to work with WG. It's very unmotivating. Especially when you see or hear their stories. ("The man who WG shall not name who got himself booted out" is an exception. That man made no sense.)

I also feel that they are loosing talented people in the company. Since they cannot figure out how to fix their own product.

I think it started in 2019. Especially when Alena left without any word and Full Ahead show just suddenly stopped. Not to mention that there is no follow-up video on their pin-up show.

 

And before I forget. WG has yet to release all their past contents. Sharks and Eagles, Pin-up, Flags and Camos that was made before 2019. Including premium ship flags and camo and ranked flags.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,409
[151ST]
Member
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
33 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

:Smile_medal:

 

Congratz mate. For being a dad.

 

I think (just my gut feeling) that there is some internal conflict or power struggle within the company or the studio they are working with.

With the people posting on twitter what it feels like to work with WG. It's very unmotivating. Especially when you see or hear their stories. ("The man who WG shall not name who got himself booted out" is an exception. That man made no sense.)

I also feel that they are loosing talented people in the company. Since they cannot figure out how to fix their own product.

I think it started in 2019. Especially when Alena left without any word and Full Ahead show just suddenly stopped. Not to mention that there is no follow-up video on their pin-up show.

 

And before I forget. WG has yet to release all their past contents. Sharks and Eagles, Pin-up, Flags and Camos that was made before 2019. Including premium ship flags and camo and ranked flags.

Yeah I've been wondering about this for a while... So many events haven't really been events lately 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
274
[REPOI]
Member
1,348 posts
13,097 battles
On 7/2/2020 at 9:44 PM, S0und_Theif said:

Still ignoring the fact that the Naval Training Center (NTC) is never a good idea and was never liked, even before it was renamed (Not Reworked as promised).

Imagine having your head so far into the ground that you can't hear your own voice to realize how ridiculous it sounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,392
[MRI]
Member
3,794 posts
16,860 battles
10 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Plus side - I'll have a lot of time off at end of the year, but a lot of that time will end up being taken by my first child being born (son)... Sooooo yeah, depending on my missus/him I may have a lot of editing time or none at all, lol.

Congrats mate!

10 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Andddddddd back on topic a little; I find it worrying we still haven't seen Yamato/Moskva/Zao legendary changes as well as the hinted further changes to RB but we are seeing other stuff like Clan Port and things...

Heh at least those ships have their Unique Upgrades. Meanwhile my Midway and Hakuryuu still can't use theirs despite it being almost 1.5 years since the CV rework.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×