You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Homith

Return Of Submarines - Estimated Date?

47 comments in this topic

[AIF]
1 post
117 battles

Good Evening Everyone,

Just was getting into Subs and now they seem to have gone. Does anyone know when they are likely to return?

Cheers & thanks in advance

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles

By the Emperor's grace, never. Otherwise I will have to commit Horus level Heresy to get the Empyreal Ones to stop this madness.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts

Hopefully.....

tenorFG4TT0NC.gif.ca1096887c2b804daa59748b88f6dee2.gif

Edited by LtDan_IceCream
  • Cool 2

Alpha Tester
2,289 posts
8,802 battles
59 minutes ago, Homith said:

Good Evening Everyone,

Just was getting into Subs and now they seem to have gone. Does anyone know when they are likely to return?

Cheers & thanks in advance

I do believe they have migrated to warmer waters up north to mate and spawn.

Once their eggs have hatched, the young shall return led by the now-stronger adults.

When this is - who knows? It all depends on weather patterns, horoscopes and investment levels.

In the meantime you can prepare yourself by hitting your shins with a hammer.

Why?

Because it feels good when you stop. 

• Funny 6

[CLAY]
3,207 posts
14,084 battles

The special submarine mode was only ever meant to be temporary in order to test submarines on the live server without interfering with Random battles.

Now that they have more data, its up to Wargaming(WG) what to do with submarines.

I assume it was WG's original intention to release submarines as a 5th class, eventually availible in random, co-op, ranked, etc... with the other classes.

A large proportion of the player base, if not most, don't seem want that.

I don't want to see submarines in Random battles with everything else, there is already too much going on and too many other balance issues.

Some have suggested that submarines would be great as scenario only, but I fear WG have no interest in locking a new class out of PvP. PvP is WG's bread and butter (regardless of how awesome scenario's could be made).

Which is why most here don't want to see them again. Because if they come back, it will probably be in random with everything else, and we don't want that.

• Cool 1

13 posts
978 battles

I hope to see a release soon.

Please WG release the submarines asap

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,128 posts
23,576 battles
3 minutes ago, Lowyat said:

submarine

Do you want me to lay my vengeance upon thee?

BECAUSE THAT'S HOW YOU GET MY VENGEANCE LAID UPON THEE!

[MRI]
3,779 posts
16,714 battles

I am irked that I am still getting WoWs ads on YouTube featuring submarines when they are not in the game currently.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,207 posts
14,084 battles
52 minutes ago, Lived696 said:

I hope to see a release soon.

HERETIC.thumb.PNG.ab134be863251426b12479ad6d70bd82.PNG

• Funny 2

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts
1 hour ago, Lived696 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10799554

[151ST]
3,518 posts
11,846 battles

Ah yes... I've even seen a few trusted forum buddies join the anti-submarine brigade... Unfortunate but not entirely unexpected.

My estimates follow below... I haven't been far off most times (note, there's a difference between what I want WG to do and what I thought they'd do).

They're 100% in a rework phase atm. Not a rework from the ground up but probably examining all the feedback and options in order to see how they proceed.

They are not looking at scenario options, they simply aren't. If they wanted subs for just scenarios; they wouldn't have pushed it. They already had the basics working for that sort of thing.

They'd be currently focusing on the spotting interactions between subs and others and the ASW options for the other classes.

And here we reach struggle street. The engine that Warships is built in or perhaps WGs ability to develop in it limits what they can do with spotting. They have often made comments of issues with terrain and spotting and I suspect the whole system is at breaking point with submarines.

And to 100% make submarines work there's a few spotting things that need fixing, the major one being the ability to spot ships in smoke.

So yeah next iteration will be a while, I'd guess October but we'll see.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 2

[CLAY]
3,207 posts
14,084 battles
26 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

Ah yes... I've even seen a few trusted forum buddies join the anti-submarine brigade... Unfortunate but not entirely unexpected.

My estimates follow below... I haven't been far off most times (note, there's a difference between what I want WG to do and what I thought they'd do).

They're 100% in a rework phase atm. Not a rework from the ground up but probably examining all the feedback and options in order to see how they proceed.

They are not looking at scenario options, they simply aren't. If they wanted subs for just scenarios; they wouldn't have pushed it. They already had the basics working for that sort of thing.

They'd be currently focusing on the spotting interactions between subs and others and the ASW options for the other classes.

And here we reach struggle street. The engine that Warships is built in or perhaps WGs ability to develop in it limits what they can do with spotting. They have often made comments of issues with terrain and spotting and I suspect the whole system is at breaking point with submarines.

And to 100% make submarines work there's a few spotting things that need fixing, the major one being the ability to spot ships in smoke.

So yeah next iteration will be a while, I'd guess October but we'll see.

Sorry to disappoint  you.

I think submarines would be great. In operations. But I don't really want to see them in random, I think there is too much happening there already.

To their credit, WG have done a much better job handling this than the CV rework. They are taking their time and examining things.

But I don't have much faith in WG to do things right, and fix other problems that would help the situation (like the low DD in matches).

I'm just in no hurry to see submarines in Random. Especially when I am currently grinding BBs and end up in a match with 1 DD per side and no DD nor CL on my flank.

• Cool 6

[151ST]
3,518 posts
11,846 battles
15 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Sorry to disappoint  you.

I think submarines would be great. In operations. But I don't really want to see them in random, I think there is too much happening there already.

To their credit, WG have done a much better job handling this than the CV rework. They are taking their time and examining things.

But I don't have much faith in WG to do things right, and fix other problems that would help the situation (like the low DD in matches).

I'm just in no hurry to see submarines in Random. Especially when I am currently grinding BBs and end up in a match with 1 DD per side and no DD nor CL on my flank.

All g, you haven't said anything untrue. Each to their own opinion.

I think they can be balanced, quite easily... I agree with you though, I worry that WG won't manage to pull it off, they've consistently demonstrated poor balancing decisions.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles

The question again, as I have put forth with CVs in the past, is what the role is for subs? We all know how disastrous 'cv rework' ended up with class interactions and how CVS are being nerfed to shit just to accommodate destroyers. Right now, subs are literally invulnerable spotters, even worse that planes, if the current mechanics stay. They don't have the speed to chase bbs and their underwater  movement is nausea inducing. Subs worked in Halloween because they broke the mold of slowass ships. If we are going to stick with 'historical gameplay', it is going to be boring. Historically subs were used as terror devices and stealth ambush predators.

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,002 posts
13,611 battles

We all know this game is basically....
Untitled.thumb.png.f7bb24255b2466ddfb07695ffc711afc.png

No DDs to counter subs? Let's force our CLs to do so! - Literally anyone other than DDs & CLs, circa 2020

But even then, this kind of madness happened. Why in the hell this ship did not have depth charge? Why subs are able to stay submerged for literally forever?

shot-20_06.22_18_20.17-0629.thumb.jpg.17bad170363017598ad94beb47d6d509.jpg

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland

[-CAT-]
462 posts
10,443 battles

Sooner or later, they will come again....

Sooner or later, they will stay permanently as a new class....

Sooner or later, they will fight along with other class of ships that we already had....

Sooner or later, the rant and rage will continues to eternity....

• Funny 1

[MONMU]
63 posts
6,539 battles

I don't understand this natural resistance against any addition to this game. Keep submarines in 'Submarine Battles' mode if you have to, but this is a game about warships. Submarines are warships. And submarines are not here.

WOW needs more added to it urgently. I've been playing this game for over a year now, and I haven't seen any substantial additions to it in all that time. Yes, there have been more ship lines, more premium ships to buy, and tweaks. But more game modes? More ships classes? More scenarios? None.

Edited by JollySam

[CLAY]
3,207 posts
14,084 battles
24 minutes ago, JollySam said:

I don't understand this natural resistance against any addition to this game. Keep submarines in 'Submarine Battles' mode if you have to, but this is a game about warships. Submarines are warships. And submarines are not here.

WOW needs more added to it urgently. I've been playing this game for over a year now, and I haven't seen any substantial additions to it in all that time. Yes, there have been more ship lines, more premium ships to buy, and tweaks. But more game modes? More ships classes? More scenarios? None.

You both infuriate me, and say very true words I agree with.

WoWS does need more good content added to it, but many of us are resistant to changes we believe would be detrimental to the game.

And for those of us who have been here a while, we know that WG does not always take the most care when implementing new changes. They have in the past thrown new things onto us without proper consultation or testing. With the 2019 CV rework being the primary example.

By all means, having a specific submarine mode would be fine. But WG would be unlikely to do that. Many of us fear that encouraging WG to continue with subs would just end with them throwing them into random with little testing and balance, no matter how much we ask them to be careful, or suggest that maybe another mode.

The core of this game is PVP with two teams trying to gain map control, WG do not seem interested at the moment in trying to expand upon this with new modes or scenarios.

When you implement new lines or ship types, you change the meta in randoms, and many players at the moment find the meta to be difficult and unbalanced. Which makes certain ships nearly useless, or very unfun to play, and favours certain lines more than others. Gameplay may become slow and static.

I doubt that submarines could improve the current meta, as it would only encourage BBs to stay away, and make DD lives more difficult.

Point is, I’d be careful about asking for “any change” as in my experience, few changes are good.

• Cool 4

[TLS]
4,828 posts
21,220 battles
On 7/21/2020 at 7:58 PM, dejiko_nyo said:

The question again, as I have put forth with CVs in the past, is what the role is for subs? We all know how disastrous 'cv rework' ended up with class interactions and how CVS are being nerfed to shit just to accommodate destroyers. Right now, subs are literally invulnerable spotters, even worse that planes, if the current mechanics stay. They don't have the speed to chase bbs and their underwater  movement is nausea inducing. Subs worked in Halloween because they broke the mold of slowass ships. If we are going to stick with 'historical gameplay', it is going to be boring. Historically subs were used as terror devices and stealth ambush predators.

Once again I need to repeat. ^ What is the role subs are going to fill that the current classes already have done?

The game tries to be an arcade game yet tries not to be an arcade game at the same time. Look at the train wreck called "cv rework". Someone showed me the 4 goals of this 'rework' and we can safely say that none of those 4 goals have been met after more than 19 months. Unless you're wearing rose-tinted glasses. 

• Cool 1

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
370 posts
8,571 battles
On 7/21/2020 at 9:27 PM, Thyaliad said:

I am irked that I am still getting WoWs ads on YouTube featuring submarines when they are not in the game currently.

Dude ! Every time I see that add im like "Ohhh this looks like a great game" and then I realise it is WOWS. Except not really.  

Should have a disclaimer "May not represent the game AT ALL"

• Funny 1

[MRI]
3,779 posts
16,714 battles
5 hours ago, JollySam said:

I personally am not against subs in WoWs, however I am against subs being shoehorned into the game before they are ready.

If subs get introduced into the game, they must first be done right. And from what I have experienced in the Submarine game mode, the latest iteration of subs are certainly not ready for introduction.

• Cool 2

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
370 posts
8,571 battles
4 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Once again I need to repeat. ^ What is the role subs are going to fill that the current classes already have done?

The game tries to be an arcade game yet tries not to be an arcade game at the same time. Look at the train wreck called "cv rework". Someone showed me the 4 goals of this 'rework' and we can safely say that none of those 4 goals have been met after more than 19 months. Unless you're wearing rose-tinted glasses. 

I think CVs need a rework. Clearly nobody is happy.  Has anybody thought of a different style... perhaps do CVs in an RTS flavour. Maybe just not so many squadrons so perma spotting takes away from damage dealing (you get choice) and its not such a gap between top and bottom players as not quite so much multi tasking. 

I did see the 4 goals and I thought there must be new changes coming.  

Hell, lets just release another Russian prem boat. 

BeterMakeTwo.jpg