Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Secondary damage

6 comments in this topic

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,994 posts
29,430 battles

How much damage do you think secondaries have to do to be viable on any given ship?

If 10% of overall damage is from secondaries - is that enough to justify the points/modules spent on them?

701 posts
2,967 battles

In this day and age I feel as if it’s better to go for standard battleship survivability builds as they are more viable. But speccing for secondaries is just fun.

[MRI]
4,141 posts
18,698 battles
42 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

How much damage do you think secondaries have to do to be viable on any given ship?

If 10% of overall damage is from secondaries - is that enough to justify the points/modules spent on them?

Personally it is less about being viable and more about just being fun to pull off.

It also depends on what you are expecting your Secondaries to do. In my Secondary build BBs I see them as a tool to chase off or damage DDs and cruisers who get too close, so I look at how well they fared in doing that. 

If my Secondaries turned back a DD that could have potentially torped rushed me, or forced a cruiser to flee when he could have happily farmed damage off me because my main guns were facing the wrong direction, I consider that a win for my Secondaries.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,683 posts
15,710 battles

I pretty much use my German manual secondary captain exclusively for ops and co op.

Yes, I know there is a good argument to be made to not have manual secondaries and just let the guns shoot whatever on both sides, but especially when needing secondary hits for missions in coop, it’s handy to be accurate from 10km away. Otherwise allied DDs kill everything before you get there.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,513 posts
15,415 battles

For PvP, it's rather about how long & accurate they are. I mean high damage is useless when they cannot hit at all, just like torps:Smile_trollface:

And those things are called secondary for an obvious reason. You use them as a backup tool. I mean you can make it like the secondary damage to be 20 or 30% of your total damage. But you might wanna question what the gunners on the main turrets were doing. Like 20k secondary damage out of 100k total damage, you would probably have done >150k in total if the main gunners weren't slacking off.

Edited by Reinhard_of_Avercland

[SALT]
2,211 posts
10,571 battles

The thing is............Your overall damage would vastly increase if the ship more survivable

live longer, farm more damage.

Sign in to follow this