Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Quick question for KM DD experts

8 comments in this topic

[BLESS]
1,463 posts
12,812 battles

How is Maass (T7) better than T-61 (T6)?

Functionally they seem to me pretty much like the same ship, Maass suffering considerably for being put up a tier.

Looking at the specs I see that Maass has almost 3000 hp more, but the ship eats more damage, being less maneuverable and facing T8-9 ships more often.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but there seems to me no reason to play Maass over T-61.

[-CAT-]
3,415 posts
13,601 battles

Not an expert but,

Maass is a beefy destroyer.
If you have 127 mm Gaede, you may have an idea on how Maass plays.

T-61 is a torpedo boat.
She is more or less resembles T-22 playstyle / gameplay.

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[BONED]
790 posts
9,757 battles
9 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

How is Maass (T7) better than T-61 (T6)?

Functionally they seem to me pretty much like the same ship, Maass suffering considerably for being put up a tier.

Looking at the specs I see that Maass has almost 3000 hp more, but the ship eats more damage, being less maneuverable and facing T8-9 ships more often.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but there seems to me no reason to play Maass over T-61.

hgh

[REPOI]
1,104 posts
21,793 battles

I am tempted to stream the Maass. Been a while. Would you come to watch? 

[BLESS]
1,463 posts
12,812 battles
55 minutes ago, LordTyphoon said:

I am tempted to stream the Maass. Been a while. Would you come to watch? 

If you mean coordinating to watch a game at specific time, sadly I doubt I could make that work.

I'm just curious mainly about the assertion that Maass is a gunboat and T-61 is a torpedoboat. They have the same guns and the same torpedoes. Maass has an extra gun, T-61 as a shorter torpedo reload. Given the additional health, it's fair to say that Maass has a little more oomph, but considering it's a tier higher that's only natural, it seems to me that T-61 is just as good a gunboat tier for tier. I have no clue really what exactly a hybrid destroyer is, but I play T-61 primarily as a destroyer hunter or at least a defender against destroyers. It's tailor-made for aggressively taking and holding caps.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,497 posts
11,889 battles

Well T-61 is just a better T6 than Maass is a T7.

Having said that, Maass clearly belongs a tier higher.  It has 19% more health, 25% more gun dpm, longer range torps that do more damage with a higher flood chance, better AA, and it's 2 kts faster.

T-61 does have a much shorter torp reload though, and much better concealment, which is why it is such a good ship at its tier.

• Cool 2

[BLESS]
1,463 posts
12,812 battles
8 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

Well T-61 is just a better T6 than Maass is a T7.

Having said that, Maass clearly belongs a tier higher.  It has 19% more health, 25% more gun dpm, longer range torps that do more damage with a higher flood chance, better AA, and it's 2 kts faster.

T-61 does have a much shorter torp reload though, and much better concealment, which is why it is such a good ship at its tier.

Good to know, thanks for the summary.

Sign in to follow this