Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ashen_Sky

Ping Increase to 150+ ms after Update 0.9.5.1

14 comments in this topic

[BALD]
[BALD]
712 posts
4,855 battles

Hello everyone, 

After update 0.9.5.1, some people experienced huge increase in ping delay, including me. Usually, the ping stays around 35-60 ms and stays stable, but now regularly over 150 ms (for me, 180 ms) and frequent spikes up to 280 or more. A friend of mine that have the same problem contacted support, but as usual they pinned the blame on ISP, which is illogical since this seems to affect from different areas. Is there any fix on the works? or more people experienced the problem?

Thanks. 

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,513 posts
15,415 battles

This time I also get affected by the ping issue. And yes I have the exactly same ping. Maybe this time the problem is on WG's end rather than the usual shark biting the underwater cables.

[-ISO-]
1,107 posts
7,112 battles

I get the same problem.

@dejiko_nyo How does your internet stays stable?

A part of my brain cell tells me the pandemic somehow impacts the internet connection in my country. 

[CLAY]
3,683 posts
15,710 battles

When did 0.9.5.1 launch?

I’ve had horrible ping during peak time for the past 2 months. Probably because my internet is bad at best and more people have been staying home at night and using internet.

Thats Why I have not been on much for the past month, and why I’m unlikely to complete an6 of the grinds.

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,356 battles
23 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

I get the same problem.

@dejiko_nyo How does your internet stays stable?

A part of my brain cell tells me the pandemic somehow impacts the internet connection in my country. 

One word: MAGIC!

Many other words: it depends on your ISP and where you are and the traffic routing at the time, etc2, etc2. Safe to say, I like the one word answer better as it sums everything in this lengthier reply into one word.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[HKACC]
393 posts
4,597 battles

Since 0.9.5.1 , I get the same thing too. Usual 30~70ms turn into 100~500ms in peak hours. Things will get stable if I play in the morning where only less than 5k players. Tbf, similar to Grygus's said, it's start in 0.9.5.0 . But it's not happening so often like these days. Some bugs or server problems definitely occurs on WG side.

[151ST]
4,125 posts
13,661 battles

Myself and a clannie in 2 separate states with two completely different types of net noticed same thing.

Considering for us it was an issue one game and then wasn't on another, we concluded that it was server side. Some of the battle servers mustn't be on the most stable internet.

I have had this issue since Feb. And it's definitely not my ISP as this is the only game affected and only sometimes.

Edited by S4pp3R

[AN-DO]
30 posts
7,503 battles

Got same problem with you. I have been send ticket but no solutions work. They said to contact isp if the problem persist but I just too lazy to do that. So then I change my internet connection to play this game from home wifi to handphone wifi. It works, no more ping 100+avg or spike to 500+... quite stable at 35-50 avg now

[NOOB1]
113 posts
7,590 battles

Yes I will add my voice here

I thought maybe it was just my connection but my ping regardly goes into 150 -180 range which makes playing a real pain

So we had server over load and now unacceptable ping - all there server side I am guessing

Maybe releasing a new Russian TX premium might fix all the problems ?

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,356 battles

My other 2 cents is that the pings are due to routing issues from your ISPs in the region. Correct me if I am wrong, but from what scraps of information I can gather, the Asia server is in Singapore. What's more is that data does not route in the shortest possible way. Many years ago, just to get data from Hobart to Perth, you go from Hobart to Melbourne, then across the Pacific to LA, then back to Melbourne, then across the country to Perth. Like WTF. How ISPs route their traffic is a topic of its own.

The TL;DR version. The Internet is literally a Information Superhighway. You have many routes to get from Point A to B depending on how the traffic is at that point in time. That is why I prefer to say it works by MAGIC! 

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[BALD]
[BALD]
712 posts
4,855 battles

I switched to my mobile hotspot, yet no improvements whatsoever. I play CS:GO for quite sometime, and i'm confused that in that game, it runs silky smooth without lags. Only in WoWs the ping hits hard.

Seems to affect many.

944932828_Screenshot(815).png.a638eecc3300fd3baef519ddadecd58f.png

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,356 battles
1 minute ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

I switched to my mobile hotspot, yet no improvements whatsoever. I play CS:GO for quite sometime, and i'm confused that in that game, it runs silky smooth without lags. Only in WoWs the ping hits hard.

Seems to affect many.

944932828_Screenshot(815).png.a638eecc3300fd3baef519ddadecd58f.png

The other question is are you doing torrenting at the same time?

[BALD]
[BALD]
712 posts
4,855 battles
1 minute ago, dejiko_nyo said:

The other question is are you doing torrenting at the same time?

I'm not when playing WoWs, even convincing my bros to stay out in McDonalds so i can have my whole wifi for me. Just for experiment, i watch a stream when playing CS:GO mentioned previously, and still no lag on that side.

Alpha Tester
88 posts
7,985 battles

My ping has been averaging around 95-110ms. Honestly I don't notice it much but wish the routing of the data didn't go through Hong Kong then to Singapore.

Sign in to follow this