Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

Let post my Pan-Am DD line before WG announce it tomorrow or something

15 comments in this topic

5,678 posts
9,495 battles

Before you "criticize" me:

+ I only tier the ships, not putting any as prem, not even putting them in actual line(s). That isn't my concern. I'm very liberal/lazy.

+ No low tier ships? I don't care about ships at T1-4. I'm very not a seal clubber (what does sealclubbing have to do with anything). I put the T3 and 4 in anyway because I'm a dumbbutt.

+ No gimmick talk. Gimmick talk is usually, and should be, the afterthought. I tier ships assuming they will be like the most vanilla ships in the game. For DDs: standard DCP, US/IJN DD Speed Boost and KM DD Smoke. I'm very puristic. 

+ You will see more than one ship/design taking 1 tier and one ship taking 2 tiers. There are a number of ships that can occupy one tier, that's very normal. However, there are a number of ships that were modified greatly (esp. the ones from the USN) that either reduce the number of main guns or replace all 533 torps with 324 ASW torps, which are probably only useful if subs get into core game modes.

+ There is no T7 ship. Yeah, I don't know why either. Combing through navypedia somehow I find no ship that can fit in T7. Most are either comparable to Gallant/Icarus/Gaede or US high tier ships like Fletcher and Sumner/Gearing. Nothing is really in between.

+ Also the title is a clickbait (duuuuuuh), I'd rather see Pasta DD line, Kraut BB and CR split, AusMapleKiwi DD line before Pan-Am DD line.

One ship in particular that I really want to see in the game: Chilean Almiralte-class. Reason: very unique design.

British built with main guns that were seen nowhere else, not even the RN's own ships.

Navweap stated that those guns have roughly the same RoF as Friesland (40 rpm) and same number of guns, only smaller (102 vs 120). Tonnage comparable to Gearing and has 1x5 533 torpedo launchers, unlike Friesland which has none.

The others would be 20 de Julio and Nuevo Sparta? 3-turreted Halland and Daring's cousin? ???????

Here we go:

1173091612_PanAmDDs-01.thumb.jpg.9d281ba4a8126251f70e383178af4dda.jpg

1070263582_PanAmDDs-02.thumb.jpg.d6e805d33d427439ac3bef552d50bbd7.jpg

Edited by Paladinum

5,678 posts
9,495 battles

The only only ONLY reason I post this is that I can say "Ha! My tiering was right!" with proof when(ever) any of those ships actually come to the game.

Edited by Paladinum

[LBAS]
2,062 posts
3,738 battles

Colonel Bolognese.....

THE HYPE IS REAL

The name alone should be memeable in WoWs. Now combined with meme gun from Friesland

[-CAT-]
3,394 posts
13,577 battles

@Paladinum

T2
Alexandrino de Alenca / Maranhão (BR)
Originally Porpoise "K-Class 1913" (UK)

T3 
Almirante Villiar (PE)
Originally Miklucho Maklai "Orfey Vlass" (RU)

I think Almirante Guise  is in the wrong tier, since she is an Izyaslav class DD, and Izyaslav is in T4.
So

T4 
Almirante Guise (PE)
Originally Avtroil "Izyaslav Class" (RU)

Other than that, everything looks like its in order. :fish_book:

5,678 posts
9,495 battles
17 hours ago, S0und_Theif said:

Other than that, everything looks like its in order. :fish_book:

Except T7.

Except T7...

[-CAT-]
3,394 posts
13,577 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

Except T7.

Except T7...

I didn't notice that. :fish_book:

Mariz e Barros (BR) Marcilio Dias Class
Based on Mahan Class (US) but only has 2 set of quad torpedo tube insted of Mahan's 3 set of quad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcílio_Dias-class_destroyer

5,678 posts
9,495 battles
10 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

I didn't notice that. :fish_book:

Mariz e Barros (BR) Marcilio Dias Class
Based on Mahan Class (US) but only has 2 set of quad torpedo tube insted of Mahan's 3 set of quad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcílio_Dias-class_destroyer

That would be the same class as Greenhalgh, and Navypedia stated the anti-surface armament was reduced as built - 1 less 127 and 1 less set of torp tubes.

http://www.navypedia.org/ships/brazil/br_dd_greenhalgh.htm

• Cool 1

5,678 posts
9,495 battles

Edited the OP. T6 Greenhalgh as built and T7 Greenhalgh as designed.

5,678 posts
9,495 battles

I'm gonna post this here because why not...

RN DD Flotilla Leader Line

Flavors:

+ All ships have Heal early on (same as Jutland/Daring);

+ They have no Hydro;

+ Their Smoke is the same as the main line, 1 charge less;

A (very) good idea is that the DD line splits from Wakeful to the 2 T5s (Acasta - Codrington), then both lines converge into Jutland. As a result, Jutland and Daring will carry all the characteristics of both lines (Heal from the leader line, Hydro from the main line).

Tier 5

Codrington

C/D-class

Generally, the same as Acasta, but 5 single guns instead of 4.

Tier 6

Hardy

G/H-class

Generally, the same as Gallant, but 5 single guns instead of 4. Other characteristics are similar to Icarus.

Tier 7

Kelly

J/K/N-class

Very similar to Haida, with 3 twin 120 mm turrets and 1 twin 102 mm turret. The ship has only 1 quintuple torpedo launcher as a result of this AA-centric refit.

Also, this ship would complete the three letters of the class’ name: Jervis in the main RN DD line, Nonpareil in the Pan-Asian DD line (Gadjah Mada was named Nonpareil when laid down) and Kelly in this flotilla leader DD line.

Tier 8

Lance

L/M-class

Generally, the same as Lightning, but with 4 twin 102 mm turrets instead of 3 twin 120 mm turrets.

RN DD 2nd line

Tier 5

HMS Amazon 1924

Opinion: The one that started it all. Maybe. I’m sure of it though.

Tier 6

E/F-class

O/P-class

Q/R-class

Tier 7

C-class - Ca group

C-class - Ch, Co, Cr group

S/T-class

U/V-class

Z-class

Tier 8

G-class 1944

Weapon-class

Tier 9:

Tier 10:

OH IT’D BETTER BE PAPER SHIPS!!!!!!

I WANT PAPER SHIPS!!!!!!

Most likely Battle/Daring-class preliminaries.

Dream design (T9): Lightning, but with higher tonnage, 1 more main turret and torps are from Jutland/Daring.

Other candidates include Dido-class preliminaries (Tribal-class is a byproduct). 133 mm guns on a DD don’t look so bad.

PREMIUMS:

Hunt-class Type II, III or IV (Tier 4/5)

HMS Glowworm (G-class) (Tier 6) (let’s ram Hipper)

HMS Barfleur (Battle-class) (Tier 9)

• Funny 2

[-CAT-]
3,394 posts
13,577 battles

OH IT’D BETTER BE PAPER SHIPS!!!!!!

I WANT PAPER SHIPS!!!!!!

Most likely Battle/Daring-class preliminaries.

Dream design (T9): Lightning, but with higher tonnage, 1 more main turret and torps are from Jutland/Daring.

Other candidates include Dido-class preliminaries (Tribal-class is a byproduct). 133 mm guns on a DD don’t look so bad.

Why stop with the British with 133 mm.

There is still German 150 mm destroyers and Italian 135 mm destroyers.

A T10 Dido preliminary with 8 - 133 mm guns and torpedoes mounted in the center rather than in the wings. 🤤

Tribal class, L & M class, and Daring class (possibly even battle class) mounting 133 mm DP guns.

Edited by S0und_Theif

[MALD]
[MALD]
711 posts
3,933 battles

HMS Glowworm (G-class) (Tier 6) (let’s ram Hipper)

Thank you for summoning Lord Lieutenant Commander, Earl_of_Arland.

Glowworm could be fun, with built in Hotel Yankee stats.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,011 posts
13,704 battles

Give Glowworm a special Engine Boost because I don't think her historical speed is sufficient enough to ram anything faster than a BB.

The name suggestions I'd vouch:

C-class = Crescent/Cygnet/Comet

F-class = Foxhound/Fortune

Interestingly, some of them were transferred to the RCN (Fortune for example; became Saskatchewan).

[MALD]
[MALD]
711 posts
3,933 battles

Even better yet, increase ramming damage by 200% (against any Admiral Hipper-class, including Weser and Mainz, by 500%) and reduce damage taken by 100%. After ramming, deploy smoke that last 15s and regenerates 50% of her HP for 30s, after then detonates, receiving "Detonation" award while also honorific "Victoria Cross" medal. Can be done multiple times.

Wait, this doesn't sound like WoWs skill at all.

Edited by Earl_of_Arland

[-CAT-]
3,394 posts
13,577 battles

And while we are at it, could we ask WG to change the Pan-Am flag. It looks and feels weird.

Current Flag

Pan_America_Ori.png

Proposed Flag

Mercosur Version

Pan_America_Mod1.png

or

Unasur Version

Pan_America_Mod2.png

Note: Not my best paint job I know.

Edited by S0und_Theif

Sign in to follow this