You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KwsQRina

How do i dodge carpet bombs from the rn cv's?

16 comments in this topic

[TS_DD]
25 posts
3,719 battles

This has been frustating me when i play mid tier dd's, i try to dodge and everything, dosent work, the bombers cover the whole area, and Yes i am nearby friendly ships, i have never sucessfully dodged these bombers, so what can i do to dodge the bombs, the usn bombers at least i have some chance to dodge them

Edited by KwsQRina

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,997 posts
29,466 battles
1 minute ago, KwsQRina said:

This has been frustating me when i play mid tier dd's, i try to dodge and everything, dosent work, the bombers cover the whole area, and Yes i am nearby friendly ships, i have never sucessfully dodged these bombers, so what can i do to dodge the bombs, the usn bombers at least i have some chance to dodge them

Try playing an RN CV and try to bomb a DD.

Take note of what you need to do to hit the DD and when playing a DD you will know what to do to attempt to confound the attack.

BUT, yeah, I find them hard to dodge too.

• Cool 1

6 posts
667 battles
4 minutes ago, KwsQRina said:

this is...

while in full throttle..... press "S" 5 times...

then cross your fingers and toes.....

and wait for it.... wait for it...

until the planes pass by 😀

[TS_DD]
25 posts
3,719 battles
3 minutes ago, Max_Battle said:

Take note of what you need to do to hit the DD and when playing a DD you will know what to do to attempt to confound the attack.

ah ok, thanks for the suggestion, ill buy back the hermes to learn the bombers

Edited by KwsQRina

[TS_DD]
25 posts
3,719 battles
Just now, MadhatterPH said:

this is...

😮

[CLAY]
3,684 posts
15,723 battles
15 minutes ago, MadhatterPH said:

this is...

And then swear when a surface ship hits you while you are slowed down.

[MRI]
4,143 posts
18,750 battles

Same rule applies against USN bombers, don't let him line up a bow to stern drop - instead sail broadside to his approaching bombers. Sail broadside against his bombers at full speed and watch the planes. When he drops his bombs, quickly cut your speed. If all goes well he may overshoot his bombs but you shouldn't be getting more than 1-2 bomb hits. Yeah RN bombers are harder to dodge but the plus side each bomb does little damage compared to the USN bombers.

But whatever you do, don't panic and sail directly away from his bombers. That is a very big mistake I see a lot of DD players doing. That is just giving him a perfect drop target.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,590 posts
12,978 battles

It depends on the CV.  Most RN CV's have really slow bomb fall speeds (apparently gravity works different in WoWs, or they invented the high drag bomb really early!), so you do get a fair bit of time to dodge.  Ark Royal however is really easy to hit DD's with their bombers, so that's probably the hardest ones to dodge.  Turning hard is always going to give you the best chance though.

The most important suggestion I would give (apart from the initial obvious one of not being spotted while the planes approach and leaving your AA off until they are within your air concealment) is to be always heading into the planes.  This minimises the time available for the CV to setup the drop, and will reduce the damage you take on average pretty significantly.  Sometimes they are unable to arm in time (depending on reaction time, CV, and squadron type) and so will miss you entirely, and even when they can get armed the CV will be much more rushed on the drop.  If the CV is clearly going to do a second run, continue the turn that you were obviously already in as soon as the bombs were about to release, and put your bow towards the planes again.

Also, don't be afraid to blow a smoke if you realise you are vulnerable - well away from friendly AA and in a poor position to mitigate damage.  Losing a smoke is better than losing half your health.  Just make sure you use it in time that you are fully concealed before the planes get in your AA range.

Edited by Moggytwo

[LBAS]
2,461 posts
4,365 battles
1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

Yes, Play CV is the best way to know how to deal with it.

1 hour ago, KwsQRina said:

As a regular CV player, i will say there is no way to Dodge a drop from pro CV player. What you can do is mitigating it. 

1. Don't get targeted by CV player

2. Minimalize damage you take (already mentioned by other)

3. Sacrifice your own HP, know your limit, there is nothing can stop you getting pummeled by CV. Even Des meme and memetaur become meme after Hakuryu smack their stern...

Except for Halland.....

The best way is.....

I am recommend you to play USN and RN CV until T10 then play DD. Moggy know exactly how to counter CV in DD because he is CV player too.

If by later you find CV is unstopable, then you know i am right.

[LBAS]
5,568 posts
13,254 battles

Watch the airplane coming directions as you saw moving 

if begin to dropping bombs qiuckly shake it off to any direction as you further move (they tries to drop on you while bow on)

it's will be sorry if rocket plane coming there's barely to evade

As I playing I took a hit only rockets

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,516 posts
15,419 battles

Try to angle close to 90 degrees from where the strike comes from. The bombs drop in a vertical pattern, which means showing broadside towards it will save you from most of the bombs, if not all.

On the contrary though, slowing down is not that necessary. In fact you need to stay moving to force the CV to readjust the strafing during the attack which could help on making the drop to be more inaccurate.

And that's why Implacable is virtually useless on this Ranked season. Any DD players with high mileages know how to troll the CVs.

[LU-NA]
117 posts
4,729 battles

Try learning to dodge them in BB. If you can dodge them in BB you might as well able to dodge them in DD. 

Edited by Arzach

5 posts
1,885 battles

Just turn your broad side to HE bombers then you will be hit with lesser bombs, get lesser fire chance. 

[BLESS]
1,626 posts
14,402 battles
On 6/28/2020 at 7:46 PM, Moggytwo said:

Also, don't be afraid to blow a smoke if you realise you are vulnerable

This is really good advice that too many people ignore. Of course, the decision is easier if your are a RN DD with 6-7 smokes on tap, and easier still if you are TRB Shira!

[KAMI]
569 posts
6,840 battles

You sail in a direction that so that the enemy CV planes have:

• minimal time to aim their drop
  • require the maximum amount of turning.
  • mismatch between the CV's reticle shape, and your ship's angle, when the drop hits. Eg. Being horizontal against RN carpet's bombs' vertical drop pattern.

This is the principle of how to minimise damage from all kinds of planes.

If you're in stealthy DD, sometimes they can't even aim quick enough when they spot you initially. In that case, you might be able to just sit there and take minimal damage if they attempt to do a run immeidately upon spotting you.