Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ADrunkDropbear

Let's talk about what's been happening in Co-op lately

40 comments in this topic

293 posts
6,685 battles

I've noticed over the past weeks larger numbers of players jumping into co-op than there used to be, not including the ususal pink ships that pop in from time to time. No, I'm talking about players coming in from Random because the sea is a little too salty.

Now, the problem isn't that that they spam chat, ram other players at the start of the match or even team kill their allies by accident beacuse they didn't look at the minimap. That I don't care about because it happens to everyone, except probably the chat spamming but that can be easily muted. No the problem is players failing to understand how ships work. Or more specifically, turn.

There have been too many times in the past few weeks where an ally BB or CA slides alongside my Tirpitz or Yamato and either requests support or informs me that they're going to support me. Now, I don't ask for support in Co-op nor do I offer it becasue in almost every case, the player team doesn't need it. But I digress, the issue is the player slides alongside me so close that I can't turn without either ramming them or beaching myself and in case most people don't know, German BB's don't have reverse, at least not one that works properly. And my match ends because the AI DD's suddenly notice two ships locked together and fire their salvo of torps,  leaving both myself and the idiot that doesn't know how ships work to take the whole salvo. or failing that an enemy Minotaur rains down pain on both of us.With me unable to return fire because the idiots bridge is in the way.

If you're used to helping others in Random, Clan or Ranked, that's fine, but Co-op is different, capping is optional, the enemy will prioritise ships with torps and most players don't ask for support unless they genuinely need it and definitely do not need to see another BB slide in so close that they can't turn or fire their own guns, both main and secondary.

Now I know some might say 'but It's only Co-op, who cares' and to those people I say this.

Random is a repugnant swamp filled with mounds of toxic salt and is home to numerous team killers, the same team killers that players in Co-op have to deal with as they sort through their 'punishment'. An hour long timeout in Training or tutorials would be a better option than dumping them into co-op. I find joy in shooting at the AI and not being shot by my own allies or the odd unicum in a Moskva or Stalingrad that rips apart half my team before anyone shoots them. I enjoy the quick games, most matches barely last over 10 mins and I especially like the near silent chat that isn't filled with rascist bullshit and the mindless stupidity of some players. But most of all I enjoy playing where there is no real pressure to win, most players know that the match is a foregone conclusion so there is no need for people to fill the chat with their 'strategies', again Capping is optional unless absolutely needed.

It's when other people who predominantly play the other gamemodes prevent Co-op players from playing how they want that it becomes a problem, and planting your BB just off my port side, then matching my speed and preventing me from turning or firing does not help!

If you want to play like that, fine, go back to Random or Clan or Ranked and prevent your team/division from playing the game. Just keep your desire to be an utter nuisance out of Co-op.

TL;DR: For anyone who tries to play Co-op matches like Random, Clan or Ranked and ruins Co-op players games.

giphy.gif.b733638878bf767f0eda749624fab8b1.gif

• Cool 6

[SMOKE]
2,488 posts
18,023 battles

well , there is the Chat, if you do not need support, inform them , and if you do not give support, inform them , you cannot expect others to read your mind cause none of us can

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,285 battles

Thank you for putting things into perspective. Have a coolkie. The thing is they are farming directives because right now, random is just a complete clusterF of a mess.

• Cool 2

293 posts
6,685 battles
53 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

well , there is the Chat, if you do not need support, inform them , and if you do not give support, inform them , you cannot expect others to read your mind cause none of us can

Most Co-op players don't need to read the chat, they know how to play in Co-op, most games my chat is silent or in some cases completely muted because I don't need it. It's more of a distraction where people constantly spam messages like 'negative' or 'I need intelligence data.' a thousand time over. 

It should not be up to me to explain to people from random how to play in teir VIII Co-op, it is up to them to understand by playing and watching the game, the same way other players figure out how to play when they first start out. If someone has been playing random for a long time and suddenly drops into Co-op, the first thing they should do is not ask questions, because they probably won't get anything, no the first thing they need to do is watch and learn. 

And even if I do ask them to stay away from me, by that time it is already far too late and I've got an Alabama paying my starboard side a little visit.

By mentioning the chat, it is pretty clear you don't play Co-op that often. There is no communication because there is no requirement for it. Co-op is for players who like the singleplayer experience, or as close to the singleplayer experience as they can get. Having players drop into a tier VIII - X game and start asking questions is just plain annoying and won't get a response..

Edited by darkflame88
  • Cool 1

293 posts
6,685 battles
3 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Thank you for putting things into perspective. Have a coolkie. The thing is they are farming directives because right now, random is just a complete clusterF of a mess.

The thing is, when the PR nightmare was happening, there weren't this many random players dropping into co-op.

And the ones that did at least understood how to play in Co-op. I can't remember a single instance where someone tried to act in a 'formation' in those games, kill-stealing definitely, ramming absolutely, but trying to get within half a foot of the nearest BB and move in tandem with them, I never saw anything like this.

[-CAT-]
3,394 posts
13,577 battles

Also, don't forget those players who automate themselves to play the game. AKA bots / poorly scripted players.

There are more of them in co-op than in random lately.

• Cool 1

293 posts
6,685 battles
5 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

Also, don't forget those players who automate themselves to play the game. AKA bots / poorly scripted players.

There are more of them in co-op than in random lately.

True, but fake bots follow a scripted path, and tend to sail straight at the real bots at full speed, which usually leads to the AI reverting to prioritising damage over other targets thus leading to them ramming the enemy which takes out both ships.

Those bots that don't fly into the enemy force hang around the borders of the map and do nothing the whole game, it's not a great loss and leaves real players to enjoy themselves.

Edited by darkflame88

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,108 battles

*just a guy using coop and rush directive*

14 minutes ago, darkflame88 said:

The thing is, when the PR nightmare was happening, there weren't this many random players dropping into co-op.

that probably because PR nightmare mission was strenous to do in coop, let along random.. not alot people are interested even me

1 hour ago, darkflame88 said:

he issue is the player slides alongside me so close that I can't turn without either ramming them or beaching myself and in case most people don't know

I think this is pretty much a troller trying to ruin people experience for their own pleasure

People that thinks coop need cap is probably just a beginner with no memory of the coop AI mechanic

or just wants the cap ribbon

Edited by Gummiheng
  • Cool 1

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,149 posts
23,893 battles
20 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

I would love a coolkie.

Is that like a cool cookie?

Either way, I'm sold.

COOLKIE.

NOW.

[SMOKE]
2,488 posts
18,023 battles
29 minutes ago, darkflame88 said:

Most Co-op players don't need to read the chat, they know how to play in Co-op, most games my chat is silent or in some cases completely muted because I don't need it. It's more of a distraction where people constantly spam messages like 'negative' or 'I need intelligence data.' a thousand time over. 

It should not be up to me to explain to people from random how to play in teir VIII Co-op, it is up to them to understand by playing and watching the game, the same way other players figure out how to play when they first start out. If someone has been playing random for a long time and suddenly drops into Co-op, the first thing they should do is not ask questions, because they probably won't get anything, no the first thing they need to do is watch and learn. 

And even if I do ask them to stay away from me, by that time it is already far too late and I've got an Alabama paying my starboard side a little visit.

By mentioning the chat, it is pretty clear you don't play Co-op that often. There is no communication because there is no requirement for it. Co-op is for players who like the singleplayer experience, or as close to the singleplayer experience as they can get. Having players drop into a tier VIII - X game and start asking questions is just plain annoying and won't get a response..

NO I actually do play a lot of co-op on my low and mid tier ships ... cause you know how bad low/mid tier random are today with 2CV all the time  ; its just generally good gaming to keep each and every member on a team well informed. NO they do not had any duty to play to YOUR style , just as you do not need to play to their style .. so in the end that is what it is , whether there is a need for chat is something else, the chat is still there and is there to provide all a channel to communicate , you are just saying that you are too proud not to use it ad that others had to play to your way of playing ( so call co-op's way ) a Co-OP game can be played many ways and it need not always be the way you play and they might had their idea how to play ..

And you do not had to explain to them .. I do not ask you to either, read my post I say INFORM ...

if you are that into they had to play to your set mind of game play style , I am sorry , welcome and this is the real world, people are different and they had their right to play in co-op and the way they play it just as you had and the way you play  , simple as that .. you do not like their way of play , its fine , you do not agree with how they play its fine , you want them to change how they play then INFORM them , not that they will change but they might , you never know if you never inform cause they would think their action is the right one ..

If at all these kind of dilemma is actually even more predominant in Random , PUSH or not PUSH , Formation or not Formation , support or not to support .... Random players always face choices, more so than co-op players ; yes they bring that kind of mentality into Co-op games and no one can say it won't work , it just might not be the most efficient farming though

Edited by Mechfori

[-CAT-]
3,394 posts
13,577 battles
19 minutes ago, darkflame88 said:

True, but fake bots follow a scripted path, and tend to sail straight at the real bots at full speed, which usually leads to the AI reverting to prioritising damage over other targets thus leading to them ramming the enemy which takes out both ships.

Those bots that don't fly into the enemy force hang around the borders of the map and do nothing the whole game, it's not a great loss and leaves real players to enjoy themselves.

There more than one scripted bots in the game lately.

Those that sail straight and border hug if they failed to face their glorious death. (denied ramming)
Those who sail in a pattern and fire at long range. While ignoring the enemy right in front of their faces.
Those who sail, but do not even fight. They don't fire their main armament and / or torpedo armament.
And lately, those who sail only to hump the nearest island they could hump. Doesn't even attempt to play the game.

The biggest giveaway, is that if the botter forgot to renew their server, most of these players will not move from the starting point. :Smile_trollface:

There are times that there are 4 of these scripted players in your team. (I have yet to see 5 in co-op.)
If you can carry the game, great!
If you failed to carry, it's only co-op. But no base XP for the daily combat mission.

Edited by S0und_Theif
Typo

293 posts
6,685 battles
40 minutes ago, Mechfori said:

NO I actually do play a lot of co-op on my low ad mid tier ships ... cause you know how bad low/mid tier random are today with 2CV all the time  ; its just generally good gaming to keep each and every member on a team well informed. NO they do not had any duty to play to YOUR style , just as you do not need to play to their style .. so in the end that is what it is , whether there is a need for chat is something else, the chat is still there and is there to provide all a channel to communicate , you are just saying that you are too proud not to use it ad that others had to play to your way of playing ( so call co-op's way ) a Co-OP game can be played many ways and it need not always be the way you play and they might had their idea how to play ..

And you do not had to explain to them .. I do not ask you to either, read my post I say INFORM ...

if you are that into they had to play to your set mind of game play style , I am sorry , welcome and this is the real world, people are different and they had their right to play in co-op and the way they play it just as you had and the way you play  , simple as that .. you do not lie their way of play , its fine , you do not agree with how they play its fine , you want them to change how they play then INFORM them , not that they will change but they might , you never know if you never inform cause they would think their action is the right one ..

If at all these kind of dilemma is actually even more predominant in Random , PUSH or not PUSH , Formation or not Formation , support or not to support .... Random players always face choices, more so than co-op players ; yes they bring that kind of mentality into Co-op games and no one can say it won't work , it just might not be the most efficient farming though

I am not too proud to use the chat, but I am proud enough to take an insult on the chin. 

I said it is their responsibility to watch and learn, if they want to ask questions they are welcome to but they will be ignored by multiple players. And if a player with a tier VIII battleship needs to ask questions then they need to go back to tier II or III. 

Yes a Co-op game can be played many ways but trying to litterally hug your allies is not one of them, at that point the player is not playing the game, they are ruining the other persons game. 

As I said, informing does nothing because many of these random players are stuck in the mindset that they need to provide support and need to work in a team. they don't. Co-OP is for lone wolf players, or divisions trying certain tactics. If a player is not in your division, most don't need a new bestfriend, what they want is to play the game how they want to. If they ask for it, fine but if they don't, then leave them be.

I couldn't care less how they play, if they want to ram into an island or the border, than that's fine but ruining other players games because they don't know how to behave is not fair on anyone else.

You want to attack me for raising a valid point that I've noticed across high tier co-op fine, I don't care. You want to chastise me because I believe that random players must learn how to behave in high tier I Co-op, i don't care. You want to state that random players are better than co-op players because they communicate with each other despite the number of players in co-op spam the chat with 'provide AA support' when there is no CV in the game, i don't care.

But what I do care about is when people assume that I want others to play the way I do and call me 'proud' in a demeamning and insulting way. Co-op players, those who play it exclusively, not the ones who use it to escape from random because there are too many CV"s or team killers, do not have a lot of options in this game. Those that want to enjoy themselves without the constant pressure and insults have only Co-op. Operations is just a form of random as the pressure is still there and the other options are as I said, filled with salt and even worse trolls.

Players who want the rewards and at the same time want to deal with a w/l ratio that takes a nosedive every second day are welcome to it. It's when they bring their salty behaviour and failure to learn into Co-op. I have seen countless times where randoms drop into Co-op and think they are better players because they play random, clan and ranked all the time and are only there becasue they lost the past 15 games. They bring down everyone else and cover the chat in useless garbage.

If the person is a whale that has bought every tier VIII ship in the store, I actually did this with Atago, that's fine, but they shouldn't expect to get too many answers to their questions. Backing out and playing the tech tree is far more important.

The only time I don't care if the player forces me into a corner where I can't play is if they are a supertester testing a new ship, because then they are figuring out how the ship handles and how it responds. For other players, preventing people from playing because they don't know and won't learn how to behave, not play, behave is when I care.

Edited by darkflame88

[SMOKE]
2,488 posts
18,023 battles

OK let me made myself straight I do not come to criticize or anything .. what I just want to re-iterate is that each and everyone of us play different and that while you might not agree with how they play ,, they still had the right to play how they play but of course if they get in your way intentionally you had every right to complain. None of us is above and beyond others and you might find a certain way of playing Co-OP the best ( for you ) it might not be for them

Getting into others way , well this is how this game is , its there all the time.

And this had nothing to do with what kind of tier one play or others play .. some like to play lone wolf even in Random, some like to play team even in co-op , you cannot convince them otherwise , what work for you might not work for them and vice versa ... what I am getting to is that your fury and your anguish is unfound , its just real world at play , you had to adept just as they need to adept .. 

• Cool 1

[4RSE]
401 posts
10,816 battles

Co-op is a feeding frenzy. Get in and get stuff done or you won't earn enough credits to cover your servicing. There is only one type of player I despise in co-op and that is the bozo who deliberately charges in between you and the target you have been shooting for a while - just to block your shots so he can secure the kill. I don't care two hoots if he shoots past me to secure that kill, but I do mind when he blocks my shots to either prevent me from firing or to make me go pink. It is especially annoying when I am in a DD and he is in the BB that has absolutely no problem shooting over me. I am often tempted to just give that 4rsehole all of my torps as a present - I don't of course because I am not an 4rsehole even though my clan is called 4rse. 🤣

• Cool 3

[-CAT-]
479 posts
10,524 battles

As a PVE based player, this is the first time I see someone complaining about co-op battle. I did not intend to spam any negativity towards you, but sometime I do some "teamwork" with my team mate.

Sometimes I do hold my guns or torp launchers to let the other player do the kill, especially if my objective on the battle are completed. Or sometimes I support them with firepower or consumables gimmick, even if they did not ask for it.

If you ask why? Just because it was fun. :cap_tea:

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,751 posts
43,431 battles

Coop, where people so sick about those bots in random

They cant bare any more, there is no fun for carrying for the team with 2 bots or more

rather Human vs AI than Human vs human + Bots

They are all same just like those C-Virus

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[CLAY]
3,216 posts
14,165 battles

It would be very annoying if you're in a Torpitz and other BBs think its a good idea to get between you and the enemy under 6 km away.

293 posts
6,685 battles
11 hours ago, Mechfori said:

OK let me made myself straight I do not come to criticize or anything .. what I just want to re-iterate is that each and everyone of us play different and that while you might not agree with how they play ,, they still had the right to play how they play but of course if they get in your way intentionally you had every right to complain. None of us is above and beyond others and you might find a certain way of playing Co-OP the best ( for you ) it might not be for them

Getting into others way , well this is how this game is , its there all the time.

And this had nothing to do with what kind of tier one play or others play .. some like to play lone wolf even in Random, some like to play team even in co-op , you cannot convince them otherwise , what work for you might not work for them and vice versa ... what I am getting to is that your fury and your anguish is unfound , its just real world at play , you had to adept just as they need to adept .. 

At what point have I shown anger or fury or anguish. You completely misunderstand what this is about. This isn't about playstyles or how they play. It's about how they behave. There is a massive difference between playing the game and behaving in a game.

A playstyle does not involve:

Requesting support from a player while pushing that player into an island
Requesting a smokescreen then pushing the DD that provided it out of the smoke and into enemy fire
Telling another player they'll provide support before pushing them into the path of a torpedo salvo
Requesting support and then putting their ship within 100m of that players ship, preventing them from moving, firing or turning to face the enemy.

None of these are playstyles, and if it is, then these players have a serious problem. If their playstyle involves sacrificing an ally because they either don't know how to behave or just want to ruin someone else's game then they have a problem.

These are behavioural issues. Not playstyles.

There is no way to adapt to this behaviour, besides making it worse and sinking them before they approach.

11 hours ago, Sharr_Dextera said:

As a PVE based player, this is the first time I see someone complaining about co-op battle. I did not intend to spam any negativity towards you, but sometime I do some "teamwork" with my team mate.

Sometimes I do hold my guns or torp launchers to let the other player do the kill, especially if my objective on the battle are completed. Or sometimes I support them with firepower or consumables gimmick, even if they did not ask for it.

If you ask why? Just because it was fun. :cap_tea:

That kind of teamwork is fine in Co-op. But requesting support from a player and then pushing that player into an island so they can be taken out by the nearest AI DD is not.

9 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

It would be very annoying if you're in a Torpitz and other BBs think its a good idea to get between you and the enemy under 6 km away.

It's a lot less than 6km, usually it's more like 100m. What's even more annoying is when the other BB is another Torpitz who should know that we have torps on both sides of our ships.

11 hours ago, MatterCore said:

Coop, where people so sick about those bots in random

They cant bare any more, there is no fun for carrying for the team with 2 bots or more

rather Human vs AI than Human vs human + Bots

They are all same just like those C-Virus

Coop, where players who don't want to deal with bullshit rascism, insults, death threats and salty idiots willing to ruin other players games go to actually enjoy the game.

Edited by darkflame88
  • Cool 3

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts
2 hours ago, darkflame88 said:

Coop, where players who don't want to deal with bullshit rascism, insults, death threats and salty idiots willing to ruin other players games go to actually enjoy the game.

Amen to that.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NNS]
36 posts
8,841 battles
17 hours ago, darkflame88 said:

No, I'm talking about players coming in from Random because the sea is a little too salty.

There are missions that pop up from time to time that are best done in co-op.

alongside my Tirpitz or Yamato

WTF are you doing in co-op above T7? Anything above that and I simply lose silver even with the perma-camo advantages and playing well.

Random is a repugnant swamp filled with mounds of toxic salt and is home to numerous team killers

I've always found more team killers in co-op than random.

and planting your BB just off my port side, then matching my speed and preventing me from turning or firing does not help!

See, that actually sounds like actual harassment, not idiocy.

[NNS]
36 posts
8,841 battles
16 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

Is that like a cool cookie?

Ice cream cookie

Ice-Cream-Sandwiches-5-1-of-1-1024x732.j

• Cool 2

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,149 posts
23,893 battles
1 minute ago, DracoTB said:

Ice cream cookie

Ice-Cream-Sandwiches-5-1-of-1-1024x732.j

ERMERGERD!!! NEED!!!

293 posts
6,685 battles
30 minutes ago, DracoTB said:

There are missions that pop up from time to time that are best done in co-op.

WTF are you doing in co-op above T7? Anything above that and I simply lose silver even with the perma-camo advantages and playing well.

I've always found more team killers in co-op than random.

See, that actually sounds like actual harassment, not idiocy.

Sure, and people can complete them without acting like complete dicks. Co-op exclusive players for the most part can complete them without reosrting to being dicks.

What I'm doing in Co-op at T8-10 is staying away from misierable, angry, salty players who scream and bitch in the chat because they are losing and throw rascist and malignant shit at every player that doesn't protect them.

If you can't earn credits in co-op in either a Tirpitz, Kii on Lenin then that's down to your playstyle. On average I make  between 100 to 200k in earnings. But that's not the point, the point is enjoying the game away from narcissistic little pricks who beleive they are gods gift to this game and others must sacrifice themselves to protect them.

Fun Fact: The reason there are more team killers in co-op is because team killers are dumped into co-op after they go pink in random multiple times.

Regardless of what it is, there is no reason for a salty player to drop into Co-op and make everyone else suffer, to me that is idiocy. Then there are players that do it because they simply don't know how the mechanics in co-op work and refuse to learn, hugging the borders, sniping from the back or pushing their allies aside, refusing to learn is stubborn idiocy.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts
47 minutes ago, darkflame88 said:

Then there are players that do it because they simply don't know how the mechanics in co-op work and refuse to learn, hugging the borders, sniping from the back or pushing their allies aside, refusing to learn is stubborn idiocy.

These are the players who usually end up near the bottom rankings at the end of the game, and then report you for being in the top three........

Here's a video of these typical players after they have just finished playing a game...

tenor.gif?itemid=16657986

• Funny 3

[SMOKE]
2,488 posts
18,023 battles
10 hours ago, darkflame88 said:

Fun Fact: The reason there are more team killers in co-op is because team killers are dumped into co-op after they go pink in random multiple times.

Regardless of what it is, there is no reason for a salty player to drop into Co-op and make everyone else suffer, to me that is idiocy. Then there are players that do it because they simply don't know how the mechanics in co-op work and refuse to learn, hugging the borders, sniping from the back or pushing their allies aside, refusing to learn is stubborn idiocy.

Pink TK players and regulars are usually those who only focus on their own damage dealing and care not to read the situation , and they will end up pink again and again ; and its not only Co-Op ,there is no reason for any salty player to go into any game mode and made any others suffers but that's part of what it is playing an online game. Salty player aside , those can be annoying but there are far worse

Edited by Mechfori

Sign in to follow this