Halsey_rex

Penalty for Quitting Early?

9 comments in this topic

[DAARK]
185 posts
3,965 battles

I have , more often than not, bugged out, instead of waiting to hunt down a CV many times for nothing.

Today, doing nothing different, I kept seeing the dreaded pink font and thouoght nothing of it as a errant torp or something, but then I noticed "leaving game early".

WTFrying pan....

Is this something new?

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,007 posts
13,646 battles

Not at all. If you stay inactive for over 1/4th of the battle duration, you get that penalty.

Example; if the battle lasts 10 minutes, you get a penalty for being inactive for 2 & a half minutes and over regardless the reasons. Even when your inactivity is caused by the technical issue such as your internet goes down, or the game crashes & you fail to return within the specified duration; you get that penalty.

Source: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/anti-abuse-system/

• Cool 1

[DAARK]
185 posts
3,965 battles
24 minutes ago, Sir_Feather said:

Not at all. If you stay inactive for over 1/4th of the battle duration, you get that penalty.

Example; if the battle lasts 10 minutes, you get a penalty for being inactive for 2 & a half minutes and over regardless the reasons. Even when your inactivity is caused by the technical issue such as your internet goes down, or the game crashes & you fail to return within the specified duration; you get that penalty.

Source: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/anti-abuse-system/

Understood.

I rarely am inactive for any reason and usually play until the end but do not relish waiting around to polish off a carrier unless I am nearby or no one else is around.

I have been having a lot of LAG lately and I am on ethernet and not WIFI. 

So if I play most of the game and leave when there is only a carrier is left is this grounds for a penalty? 

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,007 posts
13,646 battles
2 minutes ago, Halsey_rex said:

Understood.

I rarely am inactive for any reason and usually play until the end but do not relish waiting around to polish off a carrier unless I am nearby or no one else is around.

I have been having a lot of LAG lately and I am on ethernet and not WIFI. 

So if I play most of the game and leave when there is only a carrier is left is this grounds for a penalty? 

I'm not sure about that one. But I had some battles where the game crashed near the end of the battle, and I got no penalty at all even when I logged in back too late.

However I believe the said rule is the decisive factor whether you get the penalty, or not. Because some of the crashes I've had actually gave me the penalty, those were the crashes that happened early on the battles.

• Cool 1

[DAARK]
185 posts
3,965 battles

I just got slapped with quitting a game early again after finishing a battle where all that was left was their carrier. How many times have I done that this month without penalty only to get 2 today.... this is NOT a consistent penalty.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,885 posts
8,740 battles

It is a cumulative penalty so it is consistent despite what you think. 

[DAARK]
185 posts
3,965 battles
3 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

you are probably right...no idea.

[DAARK]
185 posts
3,965 battles
On 7/9/2020 at 7:57 PM, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

hmmm, what do you mean by that?