Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tagnbag

Forum censorship

10 comments in this topic

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
370 posts
8,571 battles

Why do posts get removed with no reason given? No name and shame, no nasty comments.... they just vanish.  

Anybody else have missing posts? 

Is this essentially a place to discuss WOWS? 

"I don't understand post, I must remove it"  "Please only discuss delete CV and buff AA or we will remove post"

[MRI]
3,791 posts
16,857 battles

Which posts?

If you are wondering about the "showing off" posts they all got merged into one.

Edited by Thyaliad

5,692 posts
9,504 battles

The "Show off" series admittedly got out of hand really fast after I jokingly started the whole show to derail a certain someone.

The mods were probably like "Y u du dis" and merged all into one thread with a memetic title. lmao

Edited by Paladinum
  • Funny 1

[CLAY]
[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,158 posts
23,929 battles
21 minutes ago, Paladinum said:

The "Show off" series admittedly got out of hand really fast after I jokingly started the whole show.

The mods were probably like "Y u du dis" and merged all into one thread with a memetic title. lmao

A finger was wagged sternly in my direction 😛

I took it in good humour.

You are right, that series of threads WAS a bit far.

Funny but.

Was still funny.

[NZAUS]
Beta Tester
370 posts
8,571 battles

well i've had 2 threads now that vanished with no reason given. One was about in-game abuse (with no naming or shaming) and the other was about the forum issues. I fully expect this one to be gone by tomorrow with no reason given. 

If a post is removed a reason should be given, otherwise it give the impression of censorship well beyond anything in EULA (which has already been confirmed by WG to be on very shaky ground, even clearly broken EULA like account sharing and BOTs cannot be enforced apparently).

So I can apparently run BOT accounts, share accounts, swear on the forum but somehow certain subjects are removed without a reason. 

censorship.png

• Cool 1

[TLS]
4,857 posts
21,287 battles

COVER0001.thumb.JPG.42e3aaf91f279db7af5e39b5112388cf.JPG

This thread if people remember: "Forum is work fine"

Edited by dejiko_nyo
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TLS]
4,857 posts
21,287 battles
33 minutes ago, Tagnbag said:

So I can apparently run BOT accounts, share accounts, swear on the forum but somehow certain subjects are removed without a reason. 

^ I will have to agree with this. 

1. Farming accounts with automated scripts get forever to be targeted.
2. Threads where the OP starts denigrating and abusing people who point out the clear fallacies and holes in their argument but are still allowed to continue. Regulars will know which particular threads and persons are clearly involved.
3. Threads where posters just go off on a tangent into slapstick territory while staying within the civility of the forums get sanctioned while #2 above gets away with it.

5,692 posts
9,504 battles

The "Forum is work fine" thread WAS about the merging of all the "Show off" thread IIRC. 

I guess the mods think it'd be okay to delete/move a thread that addressed something that they already dealt with.

I haven't seen any botting thread being deleted, only moved/locked.

Can't understand why they said nothing about the merging of all those "show off" threads though. I agree that a notice in new "Show off 69" thread would answer all questions.

Inb4 they delete this as well!!!

Edited by Paladinum

[MALD]
[MALD]
711 posts
3,945 battles
1 hour ago, dejiko_nyo said:

COVER0001.thumb.JPG.42e3aaf91f279db7af5e39b5112388cf.JPG

This thread if people remember: "Forum is work fine"

20200626_000744.jpg.3a28bacb8f7bf1c0b01f84e1e112934d.jpg

Nice unicorn, though not purple-white enough for me.

Btw, to OP:

20200624_171250.jpg.8329d4c8faad7af74b688a72a28eaa95.jpg

Edit: Now i remember why some posts are removed. It's usually because someone report them and consequentially removed. The naming and shaming thread is probable for breaking some rules (at least before edited), but for the other one, i did not know.

Edited by Earl_of_Arland

Sign in to follow this