Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
S0und_Theif

PT 0.9.6, balans "mostly nerfs" changes

32 comments in this topic

[-CAT-]
4,566 posts
16,491 battles

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary and subject to change during testing. Any showcased features may or may not end up on the main server. The final information will be published on our game's website.

Armor-piercing bomb damage of all aircraft carriers was lowered on average by 17%.

Exact values

CV Old Value New Value
IV Hōshō D1A Susie 3 000 2 500
VI Ryūjō  D3A Val 5 500 4 600
VI Ryūjō  D4Y2 Suisei 6 100 5 100
VIII Shōkaku  D4Y3 Suisei 6 100 5 100
VIII Shōkaku  B7A Ryūsei 7 600 6 200
X Hakuryū  A7M Reppū and J5N Tenrai 8 200 6 800
VIII Enterprise SB2C Helldiver 5 900 4 900
VIII Graf Zeppelin Ta 152C-1/R14 7 000 5 800
VIII Graf Zeppelin B Ta 152C-1/R14 7 000 5 800

AP bombs are more skill-demanding for successful use than HE bombs, but their efficiency is higher, if used correctly. The updated aircraft carriers constitute a relatively young class in the game, and most players have only recently learned how to use AP bombs correctly. Consequently, the overall damage dealt by this type of armament has become too high. We, therefore, decided to systematically lower the maximum damage of AP bombs, but without lowering their penetrationWe will watch individual performance of the ships, and will take additonal actions if needed.

VIII Shōkaku:

• Armor penetration of researchable bombers' bombs increased by 8%.

VIII Graf Zeppelin, VIII Graf Zeppelin B:

• Aiming reticle reduction speed increased by 15%

V Nicholas, VI FarragutVII MahanVIII BensonIX FletcherX Gearing:

• Bonus to AA continuous damage from "Defensive AA fire" consumable increased from +50% to +75%

X Venezia:

• The angle at which the check for ricochets is made for her SAP shells decreased from 75 to 70 degrees.
  • Main battery guns reload time increased from 20 to 20.5 s;
  • Rudder shift time increased from 11.6 to 12.6 s.

Engine boost Modification 1 upgrade:

• Bonus to the action time of the consumable reduced from 50% to 40%.

Link:

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/38

Personal Notes:

No words. Just "WREEEEEEEE!"

Edited by S0und_Theif
  • Cool 1

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,356 battles

IJN CV line nerfed to hell. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on POV), I haven't been even playing them in any mode (even training room) other than the occasional ops.

Venezia doesn't need the nerf. SAP should not exist in the first place.

6,148 posts
10,625 battles
7 minutes ago, S0und_Theif said:

X Venezia:

• The angle at which the check for ricochets is made for her SAP shells decreased from 75 to 70 degrees.
  • Main battery guns reload time increased from 20 to 20.5 s;
  • Rudder shift time increased from 11.6 to 12.6 s.

The best Venezia nerf is reducing the damage of SAP shells. I always find it strange that SAP have more damage than AP, even though, similar to HE, SAP deal damage much more easily (except RN CL AP). You don't really have to wait until the enemy is broadsiding to deal reliable damage with SAP.

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
7,033 posts
48,331 battles

When Wiifii nerf Soviet BBs >> Toyhammer nerf :Smile_teethhappy: itai, hen ta i , no a single scratch

1.thumb.jpg.e9e0ddc1cae6c5865fdbe1c4fb32b851.jpg

When Wiifii nerf IJN DDs, French CAs and more . . . >> Warhammer nerf :Smile_trollface: its really hurt

2.thumb.jpg.09d4690c0a00b56b204e1426bbe12299.jpg

• Funny 2

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,513 posts
15,415 battles

I find the nerf on AP bombs to be somewhat controversial.

On one hand, it is mostly acceptable. But on the other hand, it also affects the premium ships. This could set the 2nd stepping stone for the other nerfs on the premium ships, and WG could easily get used to it.

39 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Venezia doesn't need the nerf. SAP should not exist in the first place.

As I said, the whole pasta line is WG's answer to the "great.... another line of HE-spammers" feedbacks. The same pattern exists on why CVs are no longer dogfighting against each other. People were complaining about the strafing experts who turned them into a floating junk for the rest of the battle, then we got CV REEEEEWORK:Smile_trollface:

And apart from Venezia, the whole line is a joke. Brindisi might be good as some say, but it can be blown up easily.

[MRI]
4,141 posts
18,698 battles

Finally some nerfs to the monster that is known as Venezia.

The DFAA buff for the USN DDs is welcome too - those ships were really eclipsed by the Ikea DDs when it comes to AA.

Imo the AP bomb damage didn't really need a nerf due to how finicky they are but whatever.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,994 posts
29,430 battles

Secretly dances happy dance on deck of all my US DDs.

• Cool 1

[LGND]
609 posts
14,120 battles
1 hour ago, Paladinum said:

The best Venezia nerf is reducing the damage of SAP shells. I always find it strange that SAP have more damage than AP, even though, similar to HE, SAP deal damage much more easily (except RN CL AP). You don't really have to wait until the enemy is broadsiding to deal reliable damage with SAP.

SAP damage should be between HE and AP like this >>>>         HE>SAP<AP
but it turn out become easy mode no need to change to AP, just spam SAP all day....
*PTSD*i hate play DD when venezia targting me.... i rather deal with CV rather than dealing with Venezia

• Cool 2

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,356 battles
2 hours ago, Paladinum said:

The best Venezia nerf is reducing the damage of SAP shells. I always find it strange that SAP have more damage than AP, even though, similar to HE, SAP deal damage much more easily (except RN CL AP).

This is what is needed.

AP DB nerf is on top of the recent DB nerf. What is already a terrible RNG for AP DBs and the richochet just makes it next to unplayable unless you are a unicum. I haven't taken a CV in any mode apart from the T6s in OPs. Because it is just so frustrating to play. wg does not see the problem; they only see the spreadshits. FYI, IJN RTS CVs were always the target of the nerfhammer when they were HE causing fires all over. USN got AP buffed until it was just ridiculous.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

[LBAS]
5,566 posts
13,240 battles

Well well I should stop at Brindisi because long reload

and should sell my premium out

6,148 posts
10,625 battles

Also, while the Pasta CA line picks up and rams up performance from T8, Amalfi and Brindisi don't have the magic spaced armor like Venezia. That alone should get the ship nerfed even more.

[BLESS]
1,626 posts
14,392 battles

Very welcome buff to USN DDs. The lack of DFAA effectiveness was really starting to bother me. Base AA is ok, but you never felt the DFAA consumable really did anything.

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,356 battles
3 hours ago, Paladinum said:

Also, while the Pasta CA line picks up and rams up performance from T8, Amalfi and Brindisi don't have the magic spaced armor like Venezia. That alone should get the ship nerfed even more.

Actually I am of the opposite thinking. Venezia should be left alone in general while the rest of the pasta line needs buffing. Out of all the entire line, venezia is the only one I would play with any regularity.

6,148 posts
10,625 battles
3 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Actually I am of the opposite thinking. Venezia should be left alone in general while the rest of the pasta line needs buffing. Out of all the entire line, venezia is the only one I would play with any regularity.

Actually nerf Venezia buff the rest.

• Cool 1

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,356 battles
1 minute ago, Paladinum said:

Actually nerf Venezia buff the rest.

Actually, F SAP and just go back to standard AP/HE with modifiers. I'm beginning to see the issues similarity between venezia and HIV. It's the "too effective at long range and there is nothing that can decently counter it". The only decent counter is Hindenburg because she has the range AND reload necessary to compensate for WASD longranged HAX. Zao has too long reload. DM/Worc shells too flighty. Moskva maybe. BBs? Unless you stagger focus fire, the reloads means it can stealth away. 

To be honest, venezia is quite effective and nasty at 10 +/- 1km. To me, all this "too effective" problems creeping up seems to have the same root cause: the current play meta.

[BALD]
[BALD]
712 posts
4,855 battles

Venezia's change is very tokenistic. I mean, one second longer rudder shift seem small change, until you realized that it's essentially only 0.5s longer to turn to each side. 0.5 s longer reload and slightly reduced pen angles, like wtf? Just nerf the alpha, as i think it's the main problem (it's about how it has nearly perfect pen angle and alpha).

At least not as ludicrous as Kremlin's AA nerf.

Edited by Earl_of_Arland
  • Cool 1

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,356 battles
18 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

At least not as ludicrous as Kremlin's AA nerf.

Ludicrous Speed.

That aside, wg never fixes the actual problem but goes around in wide turning circles with their typical lame logic. See Kremlin example. Problem is the guns. Solution? Nerf AA. WTF...

[BALD]
[BALD]
712 posts
4,855 battles
1 minute ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Ludicrous Speed.

That aside, wg never fixes the actual problem but goes around in wide turning circles with their typical lame logic. See Kremlin example. Problem is the guns. Solution? Nerf AA. WTF...

Italian cruisers indeed has high speed from the Condottieri-class up to Bolzano and sacrificed armor, but the Zaras are average with those thick belt. AmalfiBrindisi, and Venezia is a weird niche, as it has stepped up armor from Zara, but somehow managed to be faster than Trentos. Either the Italians are building them out of Pastas, or they would be so heavy that it doesn't make sense to build one at such displacement.

I recall that Sub_Octavian said that Kremlin's AA nerf is not really because it's overperforming, but rather to 'bring in it line' with previous Soviet battleships that have average to below average anti-aircraft, and Kremlin is, "too good for that progress".

• Cool 1

[TLS]
5,518 posts
22,356 battles
8 minutes ago, Earl_of_Arland said:

I recall that Sub_Octavian said that Kremlin's AA nerf is not really because it's overperforming, but rather to 'bring in it line' with previous Soviet battleships that have average to below average anti-aircraft, and Kremlin is, "too good for that progress".

And do most players even notice?

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,513 posts
15,415 battles

I think Venezia's handling is too good to begin with. Despite her large size, her turning circle radius is rather small.

Here's the comparison between T10 CAs only, sorted by the length of their hull:

• Moskva = 1.050 m
  • Petropavlovsk = 990 m
  • Venezia = 760 m
  • Henri IV = 840 m
  • Goliath = 800 m
  • Hindenburg = 800 m
  • Zao = 840 m
  • Des Moines/Salem = 770 m

As you can see, Venezia is absurdly the best at turning. Putting Zao aside, you can see how linear the rest of the CA are on this handling thing.

• Cool 2

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,590 posts
12,975 battles

Venezia nerf was inevitable - expect more nerfs.  Given their current individual ship adjustment practice of tiny changes each patch then review, I would say that three changes at once like this is indicative of WG thinking that some heavy adjustment is required.

The AP DB nerf being a blanket nerf and not a nerf to individual IJN CV's is clearly all due to Enterprise - this gives them an excuse to nerf that as well.  That is why the nerf is so significant - they can always buff the IJN CV's back up, but they will struggle to find another opportunity to nerf Enterprise.  Unfortunately GZ is collateral damage to this change, when it is a weak ship with already awful DB's.  I would expect buffs to some of these ships in the future, especially GZ, and they did include a (insufficient) compensatory buff to GZ already in these balance notes.

On a positive note, I think that given the scale of the nerf to Enterprise in particular, that WG will probably be able to sell the ship again.  This would be a very appealing prospect to WG one would assume, so I can see why they were so keen to find a way to nerf her.

Engine boost mod nerf makes me a bit sad, I have a ton of ships I use this on.  It's hard to argue it wasn't extremely strong though, and it will still be the best choice for all the ships I have it mounted on.  Possibly not the last nerf to this module.

• Cool 3

[KAMI]
1,588 posts
13,608 battles

yes Venezia nerf!!!

Is a annoying target with very high  consistent damage output

Is like playing Yammy in a small cruiser since u pretty much pen everything (54mm penetration LUL) with laser beams and dispersion

Sign in to follow this