Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Max_Battle

Odin - Do you have it?

29 comments in this topic

[KOREA]
Moderator, Beta Tester, Community Contributor
940 posts
8,635 battles

I don't have finished dockyard yet but I will have it eventually. and I tested her so, Technically I have her. 

I quite enjoyed her but.. that one thing I disliked about her is her HP.

• Cool 3

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,881 posts
8,729 battles

I whaled it just for the steel, but now I have been without interwebs since 17/6 probably until 27/6.   Apart from its HP its a good ship

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,135 posts
23,656 battles
3 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I whaled it just for the steel, but now I have been without interwebs since 17/6 probably until 27/6.   Apart from its HP its a good ship

Well I did the 8k doubs buy in before first stage and now have 3 stages to go.

Was thinking of whaling for the same reason (steel).

How much did you invest in secondaries?

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,135 posts
23,656 battles

OK.

So I whaled the last 3 stages and now I have her.

Just had a few Coops.

My first concern was that it is "another" T8 German BB but she feels different to Bismarck and Tirpitz. This was a relief.

I looked at the secondary layout and was pleased to see a triple turret facing to the fore and aft. I thought that was a nice change from Bismarck's fore and aft dead spot for secondaries (same as many other ships - apart from some of the secondary focused US BBs that I have). I also looked at the most foreward starboard and port secondaries and I thought it looked like they can fire forwards too, but they don't seem too - when a ship is directly in front of me, even a big one like a carrier, it seems to be only the triple turret that fires.

I like that the triples can fire off either side - I think this makes manual secondary more valuable - ie the 2x 3x150mm aren't "trapped" on one side or the other.

Secondaries feel accurate but low in number.

It fires torpedoes like Graf Spee - from the rear with HUGE arcs of fire.

It's main guns feel like they fire very rapidly (23 seconds).

I just went head to head with a bot Massesschchuetettestes. Felt like a good head to head comparison. Didn't scare me at all. Maybe if a player tried to stay at range and AP me down it might have been a different story but the closer you get to Odin... well... its a German BB with nukes  torps.

Haven't had enough battles to have an opinion on the low HP.

I guess if I bounce a lot of AP it will be worth it? How do i decide if the low HP are "fair"?

I don't know what technical considerations there are from 305mm guns at that tier. I penned a Yamato for 3-4k damage from like 15k away.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,135 posts
23,656 battles

Another battle.

Almost feels like it is at the bottom end of the BB classification - in a similar way that Alaska or Siegfried feel at the top of the cruiser classificiation.

I don't mind this, it is feeling more and more like a typical German "all rounder" rather than a straight BB.

[LBAS]
2,056 posts
3,738 battles
3 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

what steel??? how many steel did you get? 

1 hour ago, Max_Battle said:

Another battle.

Almost feels like it is at the bottom end of the BB classification - in a similar way that Alaska or Siegfried feel at the top of the cruiser classificiation.

I don't mind this, it is feeling more and more like a typical German "all rounder" rather than a straight BB.

Odin AA is actually pretty strong like Gascogne, even i am better attack Baltimore or Masachuset than Odin...

Odin just need one thing and its 10km Torpedo just like Kii

[LBAS]
Modder, Member
6,750 posts
43,357 battles
10 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

Odin just need one thing and its 10km Torpedo just like Kii

or maybe not

[LBAS]
5,303 posts
11,912 battles

We are surely have 18 tokens for build 

and we have to buy more 2 token to get the ship as I calculated

Alpha Tester
88 posts
7,981 battles

Still grinding away on it. Definitely will get it.

[4RSE]
398 posts
10,660 battles

I bought it on day one. I like it. The armour is quite good, close in a little to avoid plunging fire and watch your angling. It bounces quite a lot even when bottom tier. The guns are small, and fire slower than Scharnhorst, so damage is perhaps a little less than you would want for a BB. I play it like a super heavy cruiser, seems to work. I have mostly used it in co-op, but it has done well in randoms as well.

I have also earned 2250 steel in it so far. If I stay focused I can earn 4500 steel. The equivalent of winning 45 clan battles. Considering we only won a single battle last round. winning 45 is harder than it sounds (for me). 

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,135 posts
23,656 battles
18 minutes ago, lunsmann said:

I play it like a super heavy cruiser, seems to work.

That's what I think too, after a few coops.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,679 posts
5,747 battles

so to earn the steel, you get x amount steel per completed directive mission?.

is that how it works?.

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,135 posts
23,656 battles
50 minutes ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

so to earn the steel, you get x amount steel per completed directive mission?.

is that how it works?.

Yes but it's only the directives that would have got you a shipbuild advance.

AND only after you have completed Odin via several doubloon purchasing means.

For me, I bought the first eight, then played out 3 full sets of directives and then bought three stages.

So I will get half the steel that someone who bought the Odin outright would (provided I now complete the 9x remaining ship build stage/directives.

So I have paid 13250 doubloons for Odin + 2250 Steel.

Edited by Max_Battle

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,881 posts
8,729 battles
22 hours ago, Max_Battle said:

How much did you invest in secondaries?

Well all my captains to T8 are secondary builds while my FDG and GK captains are survivability.    I've found building those two to a common-sense build  has made me question why I play KMBB's.   If you don't play for the secondary hits you aren't a true KMBBeliever.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,135 posts
23,656 battles
2 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Well all my captains to T8 are secondary builds while my FDG and GK captains are survivability.    I've found building those two to a common-sense build  has made me question why I play KMBB's.   If you don't play for the secondary hits you aren't a true KMBBeliever.

Agree.

I have encoutered this dilemma myself recently as well.

For coop it's not so bad but I want to be competitive in PvP as well and if I'm not secondary heavy on FDG and GK, why wouldn't I just play Iowa and Montana?

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,881 posts
8,729 battles

I intend to have a Secondary and a survival build captain for thee GK.   The FDG can rust in port.

[LBAS]
5,303 posts
11,912 battles

shot-20.06.28_10.29.40-0047.jpg

shot-20.06.28_10.32.29-0151.jpg

shot-20.06.28_10.32.44-0984.jpg

Directives give me only 18 phases if I wanna have Odin then I spend more 3500 doubloons in order to complete 20 phasesshot-20_06.28_10_39.08-0038.thumb.jpg.f8ab5723532658e356bef43a00a8e0a3.jpg

shot-20_06.28_10_39.10-0540.thumb.jpg.b57f041bdfaa3ccd9aa7beafeeaff073.jpg

Edited by THAI_THIEF

[BLESS]
1,439 posts
12,707 battles
On 6/27/2020 at 2:12 AM, THAI_THIEF said:

shot-20.06.27_00.08.59-0578.jpg

Off topic, but the dockyard is highly educational! I never really "got" turtleback armor scheme until I saw Odin in the half-finished state above.

• Cool 1

[LBAS]
5,303 posts
11,912 battles
4 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Off topic

You said that my progress is post off-topic 

DO I MISUDERSTAND SOMETHING?

Alpha Tester
88 posts
7,981 battles
21 hours ago, THAI_THIEF said:

You said that my progress is post off-topic 

DO I MISUDERSTAND SOMETHING?

Yes, he's just saying he didn't know what a turtleback armour looks like. The dockyard showed him what it is.

[LBAS]
5,303 posts
11,912 battles
5 hours ago, Nork22 said:

Yes, he's just saying he didn't know what a turtleback armour looks like. The dockyard showed him what it is.

Oh well I should hit him by 25k doubloons to silence him for good

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,679 posts
5,747 battles

First game in Odin, shooting an amalfi, and other tier 7 cruiser square in the broadsides from 15 down to 10kms, largest salvo AP hit was 4k dmg. SADFACE.

Same for the tier 8 RN BB that full steamed into me, max 3k dmg per salvo of AP, as close as 5kms.

STINK BRO!.

If I wanted to spam HE I'd play a cruiser, a russian cruiser, coz they have BB magical armour!!!.

Join the fight, and refuse to shoot HE from your mighty BB guns!.

Rip Kriegsmarine BBs. 

Hello King George who sets 3 fires per HE salvo, be ashamed, be very ashamed of your mighty BB.

Also of note, my Odin AA couldn't even deal to ryujo torpedo planes, they can drop fish on Odin like there is NO AA.

We have suffered for years with pathetic Dudpitz guns. Odin is a carbon copy!.

I was playing against tier SIX ships!!!

God help me when I meet tier 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Sign in to follow this