Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

What happened with my WGC?

7 comments in this topic

[-ISO-]
1,085 posts
6,867 battles

A few days ago, my WGC couldn't download updates. It says I have connection issues. But my internet speed is fine. I thought it was normal and manage to reinstall both WGC and WoWS and reboot my computer too. After WGC installed, I also managed to install WoWS but the launcher keep saying "The internet speed dropped down to zero." Although my internet is fine and I can connect to websites easily. The contents on WGC also doesn't display anything. It doesn't display the news on WoWS and Wargaming games. I've tried to enable the "Use all computer resources during installation." But it doesn't do anything. My laptop isn't slowing down like usual. I also change the proxy settings. This time something changed. WGC started to download the game but the speed is very slow at 250 kb/s and contents in WGC still isn't showing anything. It never goes up and over 500 kb/s. Usually when the game is updating, my launcher can eat connections up to 3mb/s.

I've never complained about WGC until this happens. Perhaps anyone who have problems with their WGC can help me?

Edited by mr_glitchy_R

[-CAT-]
3,394 posts
13,561 battles

Sounds like something blocking only WG / WGC.

Firewall? AV? IE settings?

It may not be much help, but give it a check or look.

I also notice that (missing contents) when WGC was patching the game. It seems that the contents are also eating bandwith to their advertisment contents.

And the DL is slower compared to the legacy launcher(?).:fish_book:

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,108 battles

Try clearing resume files in the update folder in your game install directory as well as temp files  and restart client

Running the launcher as administrator

Edited by Gummiheng

[ROWS]
[ROWS]
34 posts

Same thing happened to me 2 months back when my old rig was still running on windows 8....changed to new PC with windows 10 and it was alright. Do not know if its the cause though...

[-ISO-]
1,085 posts
6,867 battles
3 hours ago, Gummiheng said:

Try clearing resume files in the update folder in your game install directory as well as temp files (%temp%, prefetch etc.)

I have to delete all files and folders in prefetch as well?

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,108 battles
1 hour ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

I have to delete all files and folders in prefetch as well?

sorry no, you dont need

Sign in to follow this