Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Drop rate of Amagi in WH40K containers

42 comments in this topic

[BLESS]
1,439 posts
12,707 battles

The special WH40K ships with 10 point captains are now available for $55 in the premium shop.

A short while ago, WG were selling pre-access for $17 discounted to $11, which would enable missions for up to 8 containers which, we were led to understand, had a chance to drop the same package.

The missions were not hard, not not completely trivial either. 30 kills here, 25 capture ribbons there. So a reasonable amount of in game "work".

I wonder what the drop chance of the Amagi ships are. So far I am 0/6. I haven't seen a lot of people posting that they got theirs.

I perhaps naively imagined the drop rate would be something along the lines of "actual value of ship is $55, you paid (nominal) $17, so about 33$ chance of getting a ship from 8 containers." WG may have instead taken the view "you paid $11, we have you some camo and special flags, the change of getting the ship is effectively zero."

Please post below your result if you bought the pre-access package.

[LU-NA]
98 posts
4,004 battles

I would be shocked if the drop chance to get premium ship was above 1%. But WG being WG, they will never post the actual numbers for WoWs PC version. 

[4RSE]
398 posts
10,660 battles

I though those missions gave 8 crates ??? Maybe it was 6. I bought the 10 cheap ones in the premium shop last night and out of the 18/16 total, no ship. Most crates held 5 camos, but at least a quarter had 10 camos in it.

[TLS]
4,833 posts
21,232 battles

cyclonic torpedo on st petersburg. Or if you want Horus heresy style: Dropships full of World Eaters and Night Lords ravage st. petersburg.

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,881 posts
8,729 battles
4 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

I perhaps naively imagined the drop rate would be something along the lines of "actual value of ship is $55, you paid (nominal) $17, so about 33$ chance of getting a ship from 8 containers." WG may have instead taken the view "you paid $11, we have you some camo and special flags, the change of getting the ship is effectively zero."

I’m no economist but how would a company make money from a virtually 1:1 investment to return.  The idea is to make more money than you outlay.

• Cool 1

[MRI]
3,780 posts
16,731 battles

You gotta ask RNGesus the Chaos Gods if you want to know the drop rate.

It is not something mere mortals like us are privy to.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,679 posts
5,747 battles

Wg don't "lose" out by lending someone the use of a pixelated boat in a video game. The account is still owned by WG, no matter how much money the player spends over the years, in perpetuity. Gotta love that word.

There is "potential" loss of earnings, in the reasoning that if said player paid for containers for a chance to win pixelated boat, and DID win pixelated that if they hadn't won pixelated boat, they would have then taken a further step and bought the pixelated boat they were desiring enough to "gamble" on the "random" containers for.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,679 posts
5,747 battles

Just opened 9 of my 10 warhammer containers, and also, no ship just camos.

Due to anger of once again getting SFA, I'm now going to hold onto my last container of warhammer for many years, like never cashing a cheque. This will confuse the hell out of the machine.

• Funny 1

[BLESS]
1,439 posts
12,707 battles
5 hours ago, lunsmann said:

I though those missions gave 8 crates ??? Maybe it was 6. I bought the 10 cheap ones in the premium shop last night and out of the 18/16 total, no ship. Most crates held 5 camos, but at least a quarter had 10 camos in it.

The missions give 8 crates total, but I've still got 2 to go, hence my current "score" of 0 for 6.

You had 18 total, and 0 ships. 0 for 18. Things are looking grim for the drop rate. By the way, all non-winning containers contain 5-10 camos as a consolation.

Edited by Rina_Pon
  • Cool 1

[BLESS]
1,439 posts
12,707 battles
4 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I’m no economist but how would a company make money from a virtually 1:1 investment to return.  The idea is to make more money than you outlay.

Dude, there are only two sums here, the money made selling containers, and the money spent paying people to make the models and possibly license fees. They could give away as many or as few Amagis as the please, it wouldn't change the economics one cent. (Also, I imagine they got the rights pretty near free as Games Workshop would consider it advertising.)

From a point of view of the game economy, it would not be unreasonable to award as many Amagis as the amount of money spent on containers, per the in-game value of the ship. Of course they could set the chance to flat zero. None that that affects WGs profit this time around, but it does affect their reputation vis. our likelihood of paying for similar schemes in the future. 

Edited by Rina_Pon

[BLESS]
1,439 posts
12,707 battles
24 minutes ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

Just opened 9 of my 10 warhammer containers, and also, no ship just camos.

Due to anger of once again getting SFA, I'm now going to hold onto my last container of warhammer for many years, like never cashing a cheque. This will confuse the hell out of the machine.

He he. Not that they'd care either way of course.

But okay, we are now 0 ships on a total of 33 containers opened. Please keep the reports coming in!

[151ST]
3,522 posts
11,867 battles

All from the mission set - no ship.

10 from shop - no ship.

I'm notoriously unlucky with all Warships crates since I scored Perth, Belfast and GC for like $40 a few years ago at Chrissy.

I am perfectly accepting of badluck until I die, GC alone was worth it (no longer sold at the time) not to mention Belfast and Perth was the only ship I actually wanted... lolololol

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,679 posts
5,747 battles

You have a chance to get ships from purchsed containers, but the reward containers is just camo isnt it?.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,679 posts
5,747 battles
18 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

10 from shop - no ship.

I'm notoriously unlucky with all Warships crates since I scored Perth, Belfast and GC for like $40 a few years ago at Chrissy.

I am perfectly accepting of badluck until I die, GC alone was worth it (no longer sold at the time) not to mention Belfast and Perth was the only ship I actually wanted... lolololol

I got exeter from many xmas containers purchased. I still haven't played that ship yet, I don't play tier 7 and below much.

[BLESS]
1,439 posts
12,707 battles
12 minutes ago, Dread_Pirate_BlackHeart said:

You have a chance to get ships from purchsed containers, but the reward containers is just camo isnt it?.

No, that's not the way it was presented at the time at least.

[BLESS]
1,439 posts
12,707 battles
31 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

10 from shop - no ship.

33 + 18 = 51, 0 ships.

[SEARN]
[SEARN]
Beta Tester
179 posts
18,693 battles

Basically this is just a "gacha".

So if that is your not cup of tea, then stay away.

[TLS]
4,833 posts
21,232 battles

If anyone really wants their imperial/chaos ship, go get Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2. Much less money needed to get.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CLAY]
Beta Tester
5,135 posts
23,656 battles

I am normally super lucky with everything because I am Max.

I have got every container possible so far (for Imperial only - I refuse to fund heretics, aliens and traitors) but I remain unblessed by The Emperor - having received only camos so far.

Chaos Taint suspected.

Recalling Exterminatus Fleet "Holy Pyronicus" from Dastarion Sector to Plasma Bomb Wargaming Headquarters.

If there was anything you wanted to see in Prague go take a picture of it now...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[151ST]
3,522 posts
11,867 battles
5 hours ago, iDd_Sloth said:

Basically this is just a "gacha".

So if that is your not cup of tea, then stay away.

Sort of...

I looked at it as some money for some cool camos, I expected a less than 1% chance to get the ship per box, putting me at about a 15% chance of getting a ship...

The thing that annoys me more than anything is boxes for just one type of item... ... ...

Edit: scratch that, this is annoying me, why aren't there permanent options!?

I would pay like $20 or so for a cool Amagi permacamo...

Oh because Amagi with the permacamo and the name is $70... right...

SIGH

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Funny 1

[BLESS]
1,439 posts
12,707 battles
4 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Edit: scratch that, this is annoying me, why aren't there permanent options!?

I would pay like $20 or so for a cool Amagi permacamo...

The boxes are all or nothing, there is no second or third prize. Which annoys me also. Like you, I wanted permacamos. I'd rather a decent chance of a permacamo than lottery level chances of a premium.

• Cool 1

[BLESS]
1,439 posts
12,707 battles
3 hours ago, Arzach said:

So far no one get the ship? Nice. 

In my case I underestimated WGs generosity on the drop rate, but if you look at the steam reviews of the presale package it seems lots of people misread the deal completely and thought they would be getting the ships as pictured. Needless to say they were not happy when they got zip.

[TWR]
Alpha Tester
1,679 posts
5,747 battles

We are still trying to establish the drop rate. So far I see zero percent chance of getting a lucky premium ship.

Sign in to follow this