Sign in to follow this  
adampurkis

Cv's overpowered?

31 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

Carriers, hmmm. Where to begin. I am a avid dd fan, does not matter to me what people say. I really do not care because i am pretty sure dd's have never been the same since they were nerfed, primarily i mean their torpedoes were nerfed. Being spotted 3k's away from the enemy ship or if a aircraft is around as soon as you launch they are detected. The enemy in a ship which weighs 58,ooo ton immediately pulls maneuvers i have only seen carried out by a mother with a shopping kart at the local mall. Yes they can do this and even outrun you!.

Now i admit i have never had one. Not interested nor am I willing to get one. Its just not my play style sitting in the back." click" "click" "click" "click". I joined this game for the DDs because i love to go fast!. I have a cleveland and a fuso. I actually thought at one point BB's were overpowered but then i discovered that the problem was they could see my torpedoes too early. It does not take genius though to figure out that these ships have a whiff of OP about them.

Its not just the ability to move around like a giant flat top jet ski shooting planes and shells at you while you chase them down. Its aslo the planes ability to drop torpedoes at point blank range. Giving you no choice but to change course and still inevitably get hit since "hello" 4 to 5 meters away from your ship! Can you dodge stuff that close? I cant. Worse thing is next patch we will be getting more of the big flat top , jet ski fast shopping kart maneuverable ships. It seems there is something oddly inconsistent about these ships. 

You see if it was me.

1. You would not be able to launch planes while on full turns, specially while going flat out!

2. Your torpedoes would be dropped at the same distance DD or cruiser torpedoes get detected.

3. You would not be able to outrun a DD, ending up in a scenario forcing you to chase a cv across the map while trying to dodge bombs and torps which drop right beside you or in front of you.

4.If the way they accelerate is historical?. I really do not know. Cant answer that. I am pretty sure though DDs  of WWII did not have to chase a god damn carrier for kilometers and kilometers. Only to have their torpedoes dodged by a ship which is bigger than whale that can turn like jet ski while launching planes with torpedoes with bomb like characteristics at you.

4. A lot more planes would get shot down by DD's and other ships in general. The last documentary i watched about the Fletcher class pretty much to sum it up said that if a DD was around the enemy planes would fall like flies and not be able to drop a torpedo right beside your ship. It seems that the planes take ages to shoot down. Match that with their pretty much limitless amount of them on board. 

What do you guys think of the CVs? I am sure a cv player will come here to bash me and call me a noob or whatever. How about you try to get in a DD and hunt down a CV because if i cannot do it. I mostly play DDs, then i am sure most other players cant. If they can outrun me and dodge everything i throw at them then i am pretty sure if i had a flat top jet ski i could do the same. They are just way too maneuverable.  

I start charging towards him upon my discovery he is nearby i begin pursuit knowing he a valuable target and the amount of damage he can do to the BBs on my team I try to take him out first. Take note i have a good captain with a lot of equipment including that -1o% detection thing for your ship, Do not ask me if it works.

shot-15.05.01_18.37.52-0508.jpg

Take note of where I am on the map i traveled all this way because i hate CV and BB's that much! No the BB boys have not seen me yet!. Now alot of people would say well why did you not launch torpedoes at that distance. Well to put it lightly i have very little time on my hands if i had sank him the BB would have came after me. So i had to ensure a kill, cant take on a CV and 3 BBs at the same time. Given that the benson torpedoes do 52 knots and the shopping kart ability of enemy ship i had to get really close. Once he was done i would charge the BBs pop smoke and begin working them down from behind.

shot-15.05.01_18.37.55-0865.jpg

Nope not gonna happen I dodge this first load of torpedoes forcing me to change course and drop speed, lose all momentum then try a hard turn and resume chase.The 2 torpedo hits are from a group a launched at a nearby unsuspecting BB earlier. Little did i know another load of torpedoes would be dropped right in front of me from the other direction. Wala! GAME OVER!

shot-15.05.01_18.38.33-0692.jpg

Edited by adampurkis

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

Ill agree to the above, if DDs get no reloads (historical, IJN had one or two MAYBE) and they have a minimum arming distance. 

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I've already said this in multiple threads but I usually get flak by other people. Torpedo Planes need Risk vs Reward system like DD.  Go in close for a manual drop, risk losing most if not all your planes, drop far less risk of losing planes , but risk missing the target. Of course we need to buff dive bombers as well.

Edited by Windforce

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

I've already said this in multiple threads but I usually get flak by other people. Torpedo Planes need Risk vs Reward system like DD.  Go in close for a manual drop, risk losing most if not all your planes, drop far less risk of losing planes , but risk missing the target. Of course we need to buff dive bombers as well.

I like that.
Edited by adampurkis

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

Ill agree to the above, if DDs get no reloads (historical, IJN had one or two MAYBE) and they have a minimum arming distance. 

If that is the case they better decrease the torpedo detection range, increase the distance and speed. Also lower the cool down on smoke. Yep they IJN had reloads on board if you look at some of the IJN ships preferable the high tiers you can see the boxes for the torpedoes.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

First things first. I'm pretty sure a lot of players here have experience with World of Tanks. Over there, SPGs are fragile. Mostly unarmoured. Usually slow too. They can reach down and smite pretty much any tank they have a clear line of fire too, and their range extends to a signficantly huge portion of the map. But the moment they're in the gunsights of a tank? They're screwed. Dead in a single shot, maybe two. Too slow to run, too unarmoured to resist fire.

Dump all these assumptions right now when you're thinking about aircraft carriers.

The first carriers were slow. Testbeds. Langley is a support ship with a flight deck built on it to test whether or not planes could launch from ships. But later conversions and purpose-built combat carriers? These are built to be fast. Built to avoid the exact situation outlined: outrunning ships that could get them in gun range. And they're not usually completely unarmoured either. Lexington started off life as a battlecruiser design. Sure, they're not meant to resist heavy calibre gunfire, but they're still warships. And all warships are notoriously hard to sink unless they explode from a fuel or ammunition explosion, or have too many large holes ripped under the waterline for damage control teams to repair.

As for that line about DDs of WWII not having to chase god damned carriers for kilometres and kilometres, there's one recorded instances where carriers had to face the guns of enemy surface combatants. It's the Battle off Samar, and I wrote a bit about it on the historical forum. Those were slow transport carriers, Casablanca-class. Combatant carriers like the Lexington and Essex are faster and better equipped to defend themselves.

Are carriers overpowered? Torpedo bomber manual drop is pretty powerful, and the only limit on how many kills a good CV player can achieve is the cycle time on torpedo bomber attacks. This is, of course, up for discussion. I've made my opinion of this clear on the torp manual drop thread - it's too powerful and can be dropped too close at the moment.

Are they overpowered, though? My opinion is no. They die as easy as any other ship in a flank chase. That is to say, not at all unless you're capable of doing significant damage with main batteries.

As to your encounter with that carrier, sorry, you got outplayed. I outlined that exact tip in the carrier tips topic in this forum in dealing with DDs: crisscrossed torpedo drops. Are they avoidable? That depends on your skill maneuvering the rudder. Sometimes, I've managed to evade them. Sometimes, I have not. But I've gotten quite a few kills on carriers in an IJN DD (Hatsuharu - killed Saipans, Rangers and Lexingtons). How I've done it is that the moment I know I've been seen, i start hammering them with HE shells to set the flight deck on fire. Sometimes even as far as 8-9km out. I don't really bother with a torpedo run, but generally throw one salvo to either herd the carrier into a specific course or force it to turn, or fire a spread where I predict the carrier will turn (and ignore the white predictive aiming because I know the carrier player is going to dodge anyway). There's no point *sneaking up* to do a torpedo run and praying it kills the target - unless the carrier is terminally stupid and parked itself, it's not going to work. I work with the tools I have, not the tools I hope to have.

Should DD's AA be buffed? That's a worthy discussion topic for another post, I think. But honestly, I feel that carriers are fine. They're not meant to be easy kills when they're detected. They could be made easier to kill, yeah, but right now, my opinion is that they're fine.

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

First things first. I'm pretty sure a lot of players here have experience with World of Tanks. Over there, SPGs are fragile. Mostly unarmoured. Usually slow too. They can reach down and smite pretty much any tank they have a clear line of fire too, and their range extends to a signficantly huge portion of the map. But the moment they're in the gunsights of a tank? They're screwed. Dead in a single shot, maybe two. Too slow to run, too unarmoured to resist fire.

Dump all these assumptions right now when you're thinking about aircraft carriers.

The first carriers were slow. Testbeds. Langley is a support ship with a flight deck built on it to test whether or not planes could launch from ships. But later conversions and purpose-built combat carriers? These are built to be fast. Built to avoid the exact situation outlined: outrunning ships that could get them in gun range. And they're not usually completely unarmoured either. Lexington started off life as a battlecruiser design. Sure, they're not meant to resist heavy calibre gunfire, but they're still warships. And all warships are notoriously hard to sink unless they explode from a fuel or ammunition explosion, or have too many large holes ripped under the waterline for damage control teams to repair.

As for that line about DDs of WWII not having to chase god damned carriers for kilometres and kilometres, there's one recorded instances where carriers had to face the guns of enemy surface combatants. It's the Battle off Samar, and I wrote a bit about it on the historical forum. Those were slow transport carriers, Casablanca-class. Combatant carriers like the Lexington and Essex are faster and better equipped to defend themselves.

Are carriers overpowered? Torpedo bomber manual drop is pretty powerful, and the only limit on how many kills a good CV player can achieve is the cycle time on torpedo bomber attacks. This is, of course, up for discussion. I've made my opinion of this clear on the torp manual drop thread - it's too powerful and can be dropped too close at the moment.

Are they overpowered, though? My opinion is no. They die as easy as any other ship in a flank chase. That is to say, not at all unless you're capable of doing significant damage with main batteries.

As to your encounter with that carrier, sorry, you got outplayed. I outlined that exact tip in the carrier tips topic in this forum in dealing with DDs: crisscrossed torpedo drops. Are they avoidable? That depends on your skill maneuvering the rudder. Sometimes, I've managed to evade them. Sometimes, I have not. But I've gotten quite a few kills on carriers in an IJN DD (Hatsuharu - killed Saipans, Rangers and Lexingtons). How I've done it is that the moment I know I've been seen, i start hammering them with HE shells to set the flight deck on fire. Sometimes even as far as 8-9km out. I don't really bother with a torpedo run, but generally throw one salvo to either herd the carrier into a specific course or force it to turn, or fire a spread where I predict the carrier will turn (and ignore the white predictive aiming because I know the carrier player is going to dodge anyway). There's no point *sneaking up* to do a torpedo run and praying it kills the target - unless the carrier is terminally stupid and parked itself, it's not going to work. I work with the tools I have, not the tools I hope to have.

Should DD's AA be buffed? That's a worthy discussion topic for another post, I think. But honestly, I feel that carriers are fine. They're not meant to be easy kills when they're detected. They could be made easier to kill, yeah, but right now, my opinion is that they're fine.

Good points. I like the DD HE tactic. Sadly the criss cross torpedoes came right after i dodge the first load. They were point blank no dodging that. In that situation the 2 BB specially the one a damaged realized i had got through i had to take that carrier out. For myself and for the team. Like i stated taking BBs and a scared CV on is a certain no win scenario. I guess different minds work differently and its matter of personal preference 

As long as they can drop torpedoes point blank without having all their planes shot down and being able to turn like a shopping kart, they will be OP in my perspective.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

CV is never overpowered

Even if the Torpedo Bomber is powerful and hard to avoid

They still need some time to fly to the attack position, fly back to rearm and the rearming itself. After that, Repeat

That whole process took time for about 2-5 minutes (depend on the situation)

And like Syanda said

CV is still vulnerable

Even Ugliest DD gun can make dangerous fire on the CV deck and make CV useless as long the fire is on the deck

TB bomber most effective against BB

DD only comes as a most unlikely to be targeted since it's very agile

If a DD still get killed by those torpedo bombers

Its either have very bad situation awareness or just dumb enough to go into straight line

Be noted, if you try chase CV

While CV try to engage you, the CV is not a threat to other ship, which mean sinking that CV is not priority, but screw its control against other allied ship and let your team have a clear sky

So only focus on CV and ignore its bomber is quite if not careless is foolish

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

The torpedo payloads drop by the bomber do have a arming distance. even if they did increase it all they need to do is predict your movements and drop it earlier at a different spot on the map

^ This, I am on the same boat with Chappo here. I can only bring myself to agree with your suggested changes only if DDs lose their reload for the torpedos and have a increased arming distance since you are suggesting increasing the arming distance on planes.

From a CV player's perspective who has a Kagero, I find that the DD and CV are pretty balanced right now. As a CV player it takes considerable skill to pull that bombing manoeuvre off when you are under fire from a destroyer, trying to set a course for your actual ship, and setting your bombers to the correct position. If it were me I would have just get my ship out of there while you will be chasing me and taking fire from my team-mates.

As a DD player, why would you suicide like that? Clearly if you get between the CV and the BBs there would be no way out for even the best DD player out there, for once switch targets to the BBs get at least one of them down and go back into hiding since you have the advantage of slipping through and having not even the CV notice you yet. You could also go around and pop up at the south west side of the CV and give him a surprise torpedo run with He rounds.

Lastly you should at least throw a torpedo salvo out to force him to another direction instead of heading towards his fellow team-mates, even if they do not hit and score any damage(or exp since people love their exp) it would give you a better firing target and also give you a chance to actually hit with the 2nd salvo you were saving.

You see if it was me.

1. You would not be able to launch planes while on full turns, specially while going flat out!

2. Your torpedoes would be dropped at the same distance DD or cruiser torpedoes get detected.

3. You would not be able to outrun a DD, ending up in a scenario forcing you to chase a cv across the map while trying to dodge bombs and torps which drop right beside you or in front of you.

4.If the way they accelerate is historical?. I really do not know. Cant answer that. I am pretty sure though DDs  of WWII did not have to chase a god damn carrier for kilometers and kilometers. Only to have their torpedoes dodged by a ship which is bigger than whale that can turn like jet ski while launching planes with torpedoes with bomb like characteristics at you.

4. A lot more planes would get shot down by DD's and other ships in general. The last documentary i watched about the Fletcher class pretty much to sum it up said that if a DD was around the enemy planes would fall like flies and not be able to drop a torpedo right beside your ship. It seems that the planes take ages to shoot down. Match that with their pretty much limitless amount of them on board. 

1. It would be just too much waiting for the planes to take off and land in a game at higher tiers if you can't even take off and land if the ship is in a turn. Imagine at the start of the game your team's CV can't launch any planes to help you spot the enemy since it was turning to get into position, as you are a DD player your ship would have contacted the enemy before the planes even catch up to your current position on the map once the Cv player has successfully gotten all his required squadrons into the air

2. As it stands now you can actually see the planes come towards you, payloads are immediately seen once they hit the water even when they are not armed,they even travel slower or are the same speed as a USN DD torpedo which is actually pretty slow to me who uses a IJN DD.

3. Carriers near the end of the war were designed to be able to out run ships as they were vulnerable to a direct engagement. if you didn't want a carrier to outrun your DD you should stick to the lower tiers where the carriers have lower manoeuvrability and speed, but they can still take you out with their secondary guns which higher Tier CV are usually lacking so they make it up with speed.

4. I actually have no problem shooting down planes on my Fubuki & Kagero, but that was because I was using the 1945 modules which removed one of my turrets and added more AA to my ships. If they actually increased the AA capability of a destroyer they might as well remove the barrage ability on cruisers since a destroyer is enough to escort battleships.

Well my 2 cents as a CV and a DD player, who hates both classes when I am playing on the other but do not actually think that anyone of them are OP.

Edited by Halken_Sky

Beta Tester
1,007 posts
2,333 battles

Well if like that, I'm gonna use Shimakaze and dissapeared like a ninja.

Alpha Tester
93 posts
3 battles

CV is OP because all their counter currently is non-existent due to how other class and map was designed. It's somewhat related to that WoWs thread in the Feedback subforum, the game get rid of some mechanic for ship, which end up buffing other class as a result.

Like torp (Both from DD and CV), you just couldn't buff them to their *drum rolls* "historical" number if we only have a simple armor and hp system.

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

CV is never overpowered

Even if the Torpedo Bomber is powerful and hard to avoid

They still need some time to fly to the attack position, fly back to rearm and the rearming itself. After that, Repeat

That whole process took time for about 2-5 minutes (depend on the situation)

And like Syanda said

CV is still vulnerable

Even Ugliest DD gun can make dangerous fire on the CV deck and make CV useless as long the fire is on the deck

TB bomber most effective against BB

DD only comes as a most unlikely to be targeted since it's very agile

If a DD still get killed by those torpedo bombers

Its either have very bad situation awareness or just dumb enough to go into straight line

Be noted, if you try chase CV

While CV try to engage you, the CV is not a threat to other ship, which mean sinking that CV is not priority, but screw its control against other allied ship and let your team have a clear sky

So only focus on CV and ignore its bomber is quite if not careless is foolish

So i am careless dumb and have bad situational awareness? Wow. 

Do not understand anything. If i engage a cv its not a threat. Screw its control against allied ship? What? You want me to chase the bombers across the map instead? Hmm I do not think you know how to read that well mate. Sacrificing my self for a CV kill is worth the while for me. My team gets to have less problems to deal with and a lower chance of a lose. I am all for that.

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

As i suspected CV players in uproar and protest. Seems I am the only one who sees the big picture. How about just bring the back the torpedoes characteristics from Alpha test! If they CV squadron gets too close and tries to drop torpedoes right on me the whole squadron should get shot down as that is what would happen in real life. Given that wargaming still want historical accuracy.  

Alpha Tester
512 posts
308 battles

Are are you capable of writing a post without QQ'ing about your precious destroyers?

Carriers are unbalanced right now because of the way someone with a clue can use torpedo bombers to simply wipe someone out if they wish, not because they can actually defend themselves from destroyers looking for an easy kill.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

How about you try to get in a DD and hunt down a CV because if i cannot do it. I mostly play DDs, then i am sure most other players cant. If they can outrun me and dodge everything i throw at them then i am pretty sure if i had a flat top jet ski i could do the same. They are just way too maneuverable. 

I've been outmaneuvering people into a draw with any kind of ships while doing a fighting retreat.

Even with a bloody St. Louis.

For people who want to win and need to hunt down a retreating opponent I suggest the use of the chat and coordination.

Usually if one hunts and the other intercepts sooner or later one will get into firing range...

And in case of "Omg but my team is bad and never listens."

Well, I guess if 5 ships are already hot on the tail of the last enemy ship it might be clever not to join them...

I start charging towards him upon my discovery he is nearby i begin pursuit knowing he a valuable target and the amount of damage he can do to the BBs on my team I try to take him out first. Take note i have a good captain with a lot of equipment including that -1o% detection thing for your ship, Do not ask me if it works.

Take note of where I am on the map i traveled all this way because i hate CV and BB's that much! No the BB boys have not seen me yet!. Now alot of people would say well why did you not launch torpedoes at that distance. Well to put it lightly i have very little time on my hands if i had sank him the BB would have came after me. So i had to ensure a kill, cant take on a CV and 3 BBs at the same time. Given that the benson torpedoes do 52 knots and the shopping kart ability of enemy ship i had to get really close. Once he was done i would charge the BBs pop smoke and begin working them down from behind.

Nope not gonna happen I dodge this first load of torpedoes forcing me to change course and drop speed, lose all momentum then try a hard turn and resume chase.The 2 torpedo hits are from a group a launched at a nearby unsuspecting BB earlier. Little did i know another load of torpedoes would be dropped right in front of me from the other direction. Wala! GAME OVER!

Funny story, I once had two platooned DDs sneak past my team and come after me in my Saipan.

The skirmish lasted for several minutes with a friendly DD joining it after about 3 minutes.

Note:

- Both DDs died

- I survived with ~5k hitpoints, but was sunk by an enemy CA that had sailed straight through the middle.

After I died one of the DD players went: "Haha CV, you're dead!"

To which I replied: "Yes, and it only cost your team 3 ships (CA got blasted away by two BBs) and btw, I'm an Air Superiority CV and while we were fighting

I shot down all of your CVs bombers, i.e. you basically lost 4 ships for 1 gg?"

I highly recommend not going after CVs like that, it's even worse than trying to sneak through to SPGs in WoT.

They already do, the closer you go the more planes you will lose.

Ever sent a wing of bombers into the AA firepower of 3+ BBs? Yeah, good times of hopefully having 2-3 planes per squad returning.

And that's BBs, as soon as a CA is nearby and uses it's AA ability your pilots are already on the death toll list, they just don't know it yet.

Harshly disagree

Jokes aside, any average SPG player like myself will be capable of getting atleast one more shot off.

And the likelihood of that shot hitting is quite high.

Hence the word screwed kinda doesn't work when one is still capable of either blowing away a large chunk of HP or the entire tank itself...

Oh woe is me, a medium behind me, I iz dead \o\ \o/ /o/

MadAHqc.jpg

uQcOT7H.jpg

Oh woe is me, this flank is being overrun and there's an IS-7 right in front of me /o\

(Fyi, I killed the IS-7 and T57 and damaged the E-100 before I died, but then again I'm just the innocent... unprotected SPG... PLEASE PROTECT ME SOMEONE!!! (Seriously though, protect your SPGs/CVs, there's only so much someone can do in these types of situations... ...))

y74przv.jpg

Note:

Overly sarcastic tone of writing is used in this part (And most parts) of this post, be aware of snarky shenanigans.

As i suspected CV players in uproar and protest. Seems I am the only one who sees the big picture. How about just bring the back the torpedoes characteristics from Alpha test! If they CV squadron gets too close and tries to drop torpedoes right on me the whole squadron should get shot down as that is what would happen in real life. Given that wargaming still want historical accuracy.  

I highlighted the important part.

Think about it.

Oh yeah, obligatory post of the CV pic for consistency reasons.

fGQUiui.jpg

Edited by Retia

Beta Tester
545 posts
2,381 battles

Are are you capable of writing a post without QQ'ing about your precious destroyers?

Carriers are unbalanced right now because of the way someone with a clue can use torpedo bombers to simply wipe someone out if they wish, not because they can actually defend themselves from destroyers looking for an easy kill.

i wouldn't  bother with [content removed] , some parts of cv is a bit overpowered but so is most are most of the dd .he want easy kills to make up for the lack of skill he has . this is why i love playing cruiser , people like this are so predictable and easy to kill . 

Insults. Content Removed, user warned

~dead_man_walking

679 posts
3,514 battles

Bang on Storm.  Players with no clue make CVs pretty much able to be ignored.

However, a great CV player totally breaks game balance.  ! kill for every squadron flight. And yes I'm a CV player I know it takes 2 mins to fly out and 2 mins to fly back so total time is4-5 mins per kill.

How often can a BB kill a ship in 5 mins?

How many of you players have been hit by 10 torps in the first 2 mins of the game?  And BOOM.

There have been some changes in ST, we will See when its patched across to CBT whether the devs have gone far enough.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

How many of you players have been hit by 10 torps in the first 2 mins of the game?  And BOOM.

A few times in high level games in my Amagi vs Essex dual squadrons. That's when I was turning into their planes once I spotted them heading my way, then NOPE ! they just turned on a dime and dropped at side faster than I can turn. D:

Alpha Tester
1,063 posts
509 battles

A few times in high level games in my Amagi vs Essex dual squadrons. That's when I was turning into their planes once I spotted them heading my way, then NOPE ! they just turned on a dime and dropped at side faster than I can turn. D:

Most experienced Essex players had the 5% increased plane speed module on their ship, without that module they would not have been able to pull that off.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Most experienced Essex players had the 5% increased plane speed module on their ship, without that module they would not have been able to pull that off.

How much the cost for that anyway? 1 million? Cheap~ *troll*

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

CV's usually always get the lowest scores in games from what I have seen. I think their dive bombers need a buff. Other than setting you on fire they cause very less damage. If you see them, just fire HE at them, and keep them on fire. Like others have said before, it is the best way to make them ineffective.

One thing that does need a bit of a tweak is the torpedo arming range. I have seen torpedoes being dropped literally a few feet from the ship and yet they seem to arm in milliseconds. If physics is used, a drop at such a short distance would make the torps go under the ship forget about getting time to arm.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

CV's usually always get the lowest scores in games from what I have seen. I think their dive bombers need a buff. Other than setting you on fire they cause very less damage. If you see them, just fire HE at them, and keep them on fire. Like others have said before, it is the best way to make them ineffective.

One thing that does need a bit of a tweak is the torpedo arming range. I have seen torpedoes being dropped literally a few feet from the ship and yet they seem to arm in milliseconds. If physics is used, a drop at such a short distance would make the torps go under the ship forget about getting time to arm.

Oh, you just don't see their performance yet when the other team got no CV

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

Oh, you just don't see their performance yet when the other team got no CV

thats just matchmaking being stupid tho

not going to lie but I am extremely tempted to just exit a match if I see no CV on my team and 1/2/3 on the enemy team. (usually two) Just pisses me off big time.

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

You again really. Are you capable of not getting personal with thread makers? This is a forum you to debate issues about the game. So what if i love DD's just because you say so i cant type about them? Who are you god? People like you make forums meaningless. If you know how to read you find above that i stated one of the problems was they drop torpedoes too close leaving you no room whatsoever to dodge them.
Edited by adampurkis

Alpha Tester
90 posts
694 battles

i wouldn't  bother with this clown , some parts of cv is a bit overpowered but so is most are most of the dd .he want easy kills to make up for the lack of skill he has . this is why i love playing cruiser , people like this are so predictable and easy to kill . 

You and storm must be best buddies calling people you do not even know clowns and have not even seen play called out for lack of skill? I guess i should stop posting and making threads since all the [content removed] like you have come on to the forums. Ooops excuse the language. All i wanted to do was make a thread and point out my opinion of why the cvs are overpowered not asking to be called a clown or trolled by you and storm. This forum is reaching an all time low because of people like you.Keyboard warriors nothing more. 

Insults, Content removed, user sanctioned

~dead_man_walking

Edited by dead_man_walking