Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Who nerfed my Aoba?

8 comments in this topic

[BLESS]
1,459 posts
12,783 battles

I hadn't played Aoba in some time, took her out recently and was stunned by the slow reload and glacial turret traverse. I could feel the nerf even though I have no recollection of the change.

Aoba once had 10s reload. It's now 11s. 10% DPM nerf on a ship that pretty much exists for its DPM. Can't be positive about the traverse speeds, but even with EM they feel far worse than I remember.

Would someone please paste the details of the relevant changes made to the IJN CA line?

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles

To me Aoba has always been sucky. Last played it 4 years ago. Have not bought it back. Probably what haa happened is you have experienced better ships and now realised how bad the deficits really are.

5,678 posts
9,489 battles

The only two I remember on top of my head are: turret traverse speed buff and dispersion/accuracy buff for IJN CAs.

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,108 battles

It had always been 11seconds as of 2017

0->10 =11second

image.thumb.png.a5c3f5300c8d4d6cc922c267393a872a.png

Edited by Gummiheng

[BLESS]
1,459 posts
12,783 battles
7 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

To me Aoba has always been sucky. Last played it 4 years ago. Have not bought it back. Probably what haa happened is you have experienced better ships and now realised how bad the deficits really are.

Seems likely. Aoba suffers a lot from Russian BB introduction. Definitely Meh now, even with the great dispersion.

[TLS]
4,836 posts
21,272 battles
2 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Seems likely. Aoba suffers a lot from Russian BB introduction. Definitely Meh now, even with the great dispersion.

Aoba suffered a lot even before the soviet bb introduction. Short range, poor reload, and if I remember properly, poor traverse. The american counterpart at the time, cleveland was superior. The only thing you had going was torpeodes. You were a terrible dd hunter because of the lack of RoF which then turned you into enemy #1 for BBs, your armour was like "wat arma"? I guess you did have speed going for it... Nowadays you 'feel better" because RN CA and Pasta cruisers have even worse reload. At least I think RN CA does. I could be wrong because I don't bother to read the exact numbers.

[HKACC]
392 posts
4,597 battles

I don't know how many times I got citadel'ed with it ... lost counts.

Sign in to follow this