Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Davey77

Abuse in WOW

35 comments in this topic

[151ST]
188 posts
4,332 battles

Is it standard practice to get abused and attacked (torped) by your own team mate in random because you haven't single handedly won the battle in the first 5 minutes?

5 minutes in I get torped from behind and chat was filled with the cries of "noob".

Seems the higher the tier I go, the worse the conduct is on chat. Not just directed at me, but also seeing others get attacked/abused because they're a "noob". Great to see grown adults throwing tantrums like a 6 year old over a game. Certain "pros" with high number of games seem to forget where they started. Apparently they were squirted out on the poop deck @ admiral rank on game 1. Fun fact, most times @ end of game the ones who abuse, their score is on the bottom 1/2 of the list. Also raises an eyebrow when "they" say go back to tier 5-7 when the next game "they" are in tier 5-7 seal clubbing....

If "they" are so bloody awesome at WOWs, wouldn't they just delete any and all ships on the map???? Got to have someone else to blame when your side is losing ships... right????

• Cool 3

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts

That's why a lot of players play Co-Op only.

I'd rather play with and against bots, than put up with that drivel.....

• Cool 4

701 posts
2,930 battles
19 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

That's why a lot of players play Co-Op only.

I'd rather play with and against bots, than put up with that drivel.....

I mean you still play with and against bots in random anyway

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts
2 minutes ago, ShadoPulse said:

I mean you still play with and against bots in random anyway

True.

But at least bots don't carry on like a muppet in chat.....

• Cool 2

701 posts
2,930 battles
6 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

True.

But at least bots don't carry on like a muppet in chat.....

Heh, touche

• Cool 1

[KAMI]
1,567 posts
13,108 battles

You can turn off battle chat if you cannot handle toxicity

Teamkilling wise..just report all u can do

Edited by Gummiheng
  • Cool 1

[TDA]
ST Coordinator
5,892 posts
8,769 battles

I cant say I've seen it a lot in chat on this server and having played on the NA/RU/EU servers for this and tanks, this server is reasonably polite and quiet.

But anonymity behind a keyboard brings out the worst in people so report them.

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,567 battles
20 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I cant say I've seen it a lot in chat on this server and having played on the NA/RU/EU servers for this and tanks, this server is reasonably polite and quiet.

But anonymity behind a keyboard brings out the worst in people so report them.

bah, that's cuz most of the shittalking in chat these days are in boxes, Asia's just as toxic of a cesspool as everywhere else, it's just a matter of how much you can understand

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,779 posts
28,567 battles

Advanced issues found

3 hours ago, Davey77 said:

Is it standard practice to get abused and attacked (torped) by your own team mate in random because you haven't single handedly won the battle in the first 5 minutes?

5 minutes in I get torped from behind and chat was filled with the cries of "noob".

Seems the higher the tier I go, the worse the conduct is on chat. Not just directed at me, but also seeing others get attacked/abused because they're a "noob". Great to see grown adults throwing tantrums like a 6 year old over a game. Certain "pros" with high number of games seem to forget where they started. Apparently they were squirted out on the poop deck @ admiral rank on game 1. Fun fact, most times @ end of game the ones who abuse, their score is on the bottom 1/2 of the list. Also raises an eyebrow when "they" say go back to tier 5-7 when the next game "they" are in tier 5-7 seal clubbing....

If "they" are so bloody awesome at WOWs, wouldn't they just delete any and all ships on the map???? Got to have someone else to blame when your side is losing ships... right????

i personally appreciate a good amount of shittalking on both sides since it spices games up tbh,  but yeah, people can be pretty toxic, unless it's someone offering genuine advice then i'd suggest you just tune them out or just block them in chat

• Cool 1

[HKACC]
392 posts
4,597 battles

Bah :Smile-angry: ... I rarely do genuine advice chat anymore after my ship sunk. Better exit & start playing another ships. Many times after dying with score above 50k damages, I really want it to win, to get better rewards. Assisting the team with latest info of enemy possibility maneuver, or ask them to cap since enemy already left, & to hurry because we're on advantage but losing points. Often they just brush me off with demeaning words, in short, dead man can't talk. Chat is dead or toxic for me, unless it's captain command.

• Cool 1

[-CAT-]
488 posts
10,528 battles

Same kind of treatment also happened to me, but it was a long time ago.

Your team lost the battle, but you are ranked on the top with significant exp margin from someone below to you, they just called you a noob.

You got uptiered, you played well against top tier ships that even makes your damage counter flies above 130k, and you got more than 4 achievements including kraken, they just called you a noob.

You scouted and spotted most of the enemies, wrecking their offensive line, running amok with your wall of torpedoes, they just called you a noob.

You are the last one on your team, and you survive the battle, and your team won the battle because you survive, somehow they still call you noob.

That was some reason that I 1). Rarely chat on random battles, just using command shortcut. 2). Play a lots of PVE (Scenarios and Co-op) battles.

Edited by Sharr_Dextera
  • Cool 1

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
8 hours ago, Davey77 said:

I suspect that someone was stat checking you and decided because you picked up JB before she disappeared and before you had got to tier 10, that'd be part of the reason.

That line of thinking is basically that you paid your way to high tiers as opposed to grinding it.

The other possibility is that some torped from behind you, not expecting you to keep pushing and then when you ran into them blames you for their own poor torpedoing.

That is actually common, although the chat follow up isn't.

General rule with torpedoes is if you launched them, they're your responsibility/fault. There are only a few exceptions IMO. e.g. A DD pops speed boost and sails in a straight line across 2 grid squares to catch them or an ally randomly yolo's into them which would result in their death even if you hadn't fired them.

But by-and-large, you fired them, your fault so that's my most likely guess as to what happened.

Most people do not know how to take responsibility for their own actions.

• Cool 2

[151ST]
188 posts
4,332 battles
19 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

I suspect that someone was stat checking you and decided because you picked up JB before she disappeared and before you had got to tier 10, that'd be part of the reason.

That line of thinking is basically that you paid your way to high tiers as opposed to grinding it.

The other possibility is that some torped from behind you, not expecting you to keep pushing and then when you ran into them blames you for their own poor torpedoing.

That is actually common, although the chat follow up isn't.

General rule with torpedoes is if you launched them, they're your responsibility/fault. There are only a few exceptions IMO. e.g. A DD pops speed boost and sails in a straight line across 2 grid squares to catch them or an ally randomly yolo's into them which would result in their death even if you hadn't fired them.

But by-and-large, you fired them, your fault so that's my most likely guess as to what happened.

Most people do not know how to take responsibility for their own actions.

No, the torpedoing was done on purpose. A full 8 fish hit while I was stationary, followed up by "take that you noob. noobs like you are ruining the game." Even the enemy team was saying "W.T.F???"

Sometimes the abuse gets really bad. One guy was talking about shoving keyboards up arses and the like. Not sure if the was at me or someone else though. Happens enough to want to stop watching chat and trying to co-ordinate with others.

Edited by Davey77

[151ST]
3,556 posts
11,949 battles
12 minutes ago, Davey77 said:

No, the torpedoing was done on purpose. A full 8 fish hit while I was stationary, followed up by "take that you noob. noobs like you are ruining the game." Even the enemy team was saying "W.T.F???"

Sometimes the abuse gets really bad. One guy was talking about shoving keyboards up arses and the like. Not sure if the was at me or someone else though. Happens enough to want to stop watching chat and trying to co-ordinate with others.

Wow... Ok.

I'd just get your replay file and submit a ticket to WG, the player will probs get banned for a period of time.

(Replays are in World of Warships\replays)

Providing a time-stamp of when it happened is even better, e.g. at game timer 14:30.

To watch the replay open with - World of Warships.exe, alternatively just drag the file onto the .exe.

It's a common thing to see in gaming in general, although pretty rare in World of Warships for most people. Although I know some folks get it a bit, there is a thing somewhere in options where you can turn off chat if it's a bit much.

Personally while if I was in your situation I'd find it annoying (and would post in our clans rant section on discord) I'd also be like 'what an idiot' and have a bit of a laugh.

Most of the time if someone TKs you like that, their reasoning is even flawed. You see the occasional one be like 'RADAR, I need radar' to a Hindenburg, a ship that doesn't have radar.

Or 'support me, push with me noob!' and they're asking for a push into the enemy spawn, which is almost always the wrong thing to do.

Edited by S4pp3R
  • Cool 1

[AN-DO]
733 posts
10,814 battles
13 minutes ago, S4pp3R said:

the player will probs get banned for a period of time.

Unfortunately they wont, you'll just get a reply from WG saying the automated system (turning pink etc) is sufficient punishment for team damage infringements. I've had this issue before and tried to explain the concept of Intent to them, (only a key part of most countries legal codes) but it fell on deaf ears. As far as WG is concerned there is no difference between intentional and unintentional team damage. I'd still submit a report and the replay file. At least that way it's on the record in case WG decide to change things in the future.

[LU-NA]
98 posts
4,054 battles

I only met that kind of people several times in my almost 3k games. Very rare. Treat it as if I hit a jackpot if I met one. 

That guy who torped you turned into pink, right? That's the most WG can do to punish them.

It's rare to see non-boxes chat. You're lucky in a sense. 

Edited by Arzach

[4RSE]
403 posts
10,856 battles

For me, the worst kind of abuse is when your team slowly advances with you (in Kurfurst for example) all nice and hunky dory until your Kurfust is detected (of course it's always the first to get spotted), then the enemy team all open up at the same time. At which point your team mates, almost all of them Venezias and other heavy cruisers immediately turn around a bugger off to the edge of their gun range leaving you in your Kurfust to be farmed to death in under a minute as you frantically try to reverse out (or even quicker if you try to turn around). Then to add insult to injury, you get reported by a bunch of them for "poor play".

That is the worst kind of abuse in my opinion. What do they want? That I refuse to move far from my spawn point until after half the enemy are dead, or what? Because this keeps happening, nearly every battle and I don't know what else to do. I already have 100 battles in Kurfurst with 50% win rate (exactly 50:50 in fact). This latest trend has started happening only recently. 

Edited by lunsmann
spelling

[TDA]
431 posts
11,240 battles

I was recently out in a "Ship" and i had some "individual" in a Shima at the start of the game circle me and dump 3 sets of torps into my side. i just threw out some "???" and got no reply. Same game i had a division mate also eat a couple of Asashio torps. Though this was late game the Asashio was around 3km off my division mates side and dumped. There were only 2 enemy ships left, a Donskoi and CV. Both were in enemy spawn and that was around 18km away from the Asashio and they were retreating. So this dump was on purpose.

Could be jealous, childish, griefer or someone that didn't get any action in the morning with his tor-pillow. But this sort of thing needs to stop.

I don't expect WG to do anything anyway, because if they did then it would of been done a long time ago.

• Cool 1

[CLAY]
3,230 posts
14,185 battles
9 hours ago, lunsmann said:

For me, the worst kind of abuse is when your team slowly advances with you (in Kurfurst for example) all nice and hunky dory until your Kurfust is detected (of course it's always the first to get spotted), then the enemy team all open up at the same time. At which point your team mates, almost all of them Venezias and other heavy cruisers immediately turn around a bugger off to the edge of their gun range leaving you in your Kurfust to be farmed to death in under a minute as you frantically try to reverse out (or even quicker if you try to turn around). Then to add insult to injury, you get reported by a bunch of them for "poor play".

That is the worst kind of abuse in my opinion. What do they want? That I refuse to move far from my spawn point until after half the enemy are dead, or what? Because this keeps happening, nearly every battle and I don't know what else to do. I already have 100 battles in Kurfurst with 50% win rate (exactly 50:50 in fact). This latest trend has started happening only recently. 

The current meta makes it generally unsafe for BBs to advance too early. You get focused to death because you can’t run easily. Unless you’re using the kiting method, which generally involves trying to be in a turning position just prior to being spotted.

Otherwise, you want to wait until about mid game before you start pushing, until some enemy are dead and you can push without being focused by 5+ enemy ships. Or otherwise use island.

Granted, if your allies get an early push, such as if half the cruisers push up to the middle of a cap circle, you can probably get away with pushing to the edge behind them. Otherwise snipe from 15 to 20km away until halftime, them put Your HP to good use by pushing and tanking. And if enemy starts pushing hard before then, start kiting.

86 posts

If the public so toxic, you can mute the global chat, if individual is toxic, just right click his name in public chat and "black list" ...... peace of chat and free screen to play

:Smile_trollface:

[DEVAS]
183 posts
7,172 battles
22 hours ago, Davey77 said:

Disregard that kind of people should be your first initial response.

But on the other hand, do not accept their behavior as it is not healthy for the community. In the game while on battle, you can press and hold Tab, look for the name of person who conduct that unethical behaviour. Right click on the name, options will pop up. Choose: Report, then another option will pop up. choose a reason why you report that person. That kind of behavior is not acceptable.

Then, you review yourself after the battle; what you did wrong? After you find a possible reason, try to browse YouTube or Twitch about how to do in correct way about your game play.

As a player that plays quite long since 2017, I find it is sometime frustrating to see "potatoes" (players who doesn't know what to do) in their ship. Sometimes I also grumbling at the chat. However, I never do any kind of insult in lower tier (8 and lower), I just shut my mouth and play. I bitching off to people who perform so noob only in T10.

Co-Op battle, is a different story. I did torp allies, I did sink friendly ships... As if I have to. The reason is to achieve certain goal. For example, I am commanding a Cruiser. That time I must finish a mission what mandates me must be on top 2 rank in the battle results. We have 1 more healty enemy BB far away at the edge of the map. Meanwhile the member left on my team are me (a Cruiser) and another dying DD. The DD runs fast approaching the poor BB. I know for sure that I can't race his speed to also inflicting damage to the target. The DD will owns the BB. As the the DD passing me on side by side, my dark greedy soul whisper to me... Torp it!!!! Torp it!!! TORP IT!!!!

I can't control self from releasing the torp. And then.... Booom...!!! The DD ate my torp. I got disciplinary action, but the BB is all mine to sink. Lol.

Edited by Robby_Hermanto

[LBAS]
Super Tester_
2,077 posts
30 minutes ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

I can't control self from releasing the torp. And then.... Booom...!!! The DD ate my torp. I got disciplinary action, but the BB is all mine to sink. Lol.

tenor.gif?itemid=4535600

• Funny 1

[CLAY]
3,230 posts
14,185 battles
57 minutes ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

Disregard that kind of people should be your first initial response.

But on the other hand, do not accept their behavior as it is not healthy for the community. In the game while on battle, you can press and hold Tab, look for the name of person who conduct that unethical behaviour. Right click on the name, options will pop up. Choose: Report, then another option will pop up. choose a reason why you report that person. That kind of behavior is not acceptable.

Then, you review yourself after the battle; what you did wrong? After you find a possible reason, try to browse YouTube or Twitch about how to do in correct way about your game play.

As a player that plays quite long since 2017, I find it is sometime frustrating to see "potatoes" (players who doesn't know what to do) in their ship. Sometimes I also grumbling at the chat. However, I never do any kind of insult in lower tier (8 and lower), I just shut my mouth and play. I bitching off to people who perform so noob only in T10.

Co-Op battle, is a different story. I did torp allies, I did sink friendly ships... As if I have to. The reason is to achieve certain goal. For example, I am commanding a Cruiser. That time I must finish a mission what mandates me must be on top 2 rank in the battle results. We have 1 more healty enemy BB far away at the edge of the map. Meanwhile the member left on my team are me (a Cruiser) and another dying DD. The DD runs fast approaching the poor BB. I know for sure that I can't race his speed to also inflicting damage to the target. The DD will owns the BB. As the the DD passing me on side by side, my dark greedy soul whisper to me... Torp it!!!! Torp it!!! TORP IT!!!!

That is.... Quite mean and rude.

Of course... Since I'm one of those DD players in co-op who speeds past and dumps torps on an enemy BB at point blank range and ends up with over 100K damage and 3 kills, I can understand why you would be frustrated. I'm part of the problem 😛

I hope we never meed in co-op.

What annoys me is when a near full HP ship blocks my DD from torpedoing an enemy, often getting themselves killed in the process from enemy's torps. If they don't just ram.

Its selfish, as it gets them killed, and makes the game goes on longer.

But that's co-op for you. Really ironic name, since you get more co-operation in Random. Co-Op is just a free for all.

And it will continue to be that while WoWS still have stupid missions like Kill X enemy Ships, land X torps etc... Missions which reward selfishness.

• Funny 1

[DEVAS]
183 posts
7,172 battles
46 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

That is.... Quite mean and rude.

Of course... Since I'm one of those DD players in co-op who speeds past and dumps torps on an enemy BB at point blank range and ends up with over 100K damage and 3 kills, I can understand why you would be frustrated. I'm part of the problem 😛

I hope we never meed in co-op.

What annoys me is when a near full HP ship blocks my DD from torpedoing an enemy, often getting themselves killed in the process from enemy's torps. If they don't just ram.

Its selfish, as it gets them killed, and makes the game goes on longer.

But that's co-op for you. Really ironic name, since you get more co-operation in Random. Co-Op is just a free for all.

And it will continue to be that while WoWS still have stupid missions like Kill X enemy Ships, land X torps etc... Missions which reward selfishness.

Lol.... Hope we never met...

In case we do, I apologize for the greedy behavior.

There is nothing wrong with allies in the Co-Op, it just my greed want to have more....😂😂😂😂

• Funny 1

[4RSE]
403 posts
10,856 battles
2 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

The current meta makes it generally unsafe for BBs to advance too early. You get focused to death because you can’t run easily. Unless you’re using the kiting method, which generally involves trying to be in a turning position just prior to being spotted.

Otherwise, you want to wait until about mid game before you start pushing, until some enemy are dead and you can push without being focused by 5+ enemy ships. Or otherwise use island.

Granted, if your allies get an early push, such as if half the cruisers push up to the middle of a cap circle, you can probably get away with pushing to the edge behind them. Otherwise snipe from 15 to 20km away until halftime, them put Your HP to good use by pushing and tanking. And if enemy starts pushing hard before then, start kiting.

Yeah I get all that, as it was I was not pushing forward at all. My detection range was at 15km (wasn't running concealment expert) and I was being farmed by cruisers who were often out further than 20 km. Kurfurst only gets 20.6 km range without the spotter plane. 16 to 20 km is brawling distance in the Asian meta (at least it feels like that).

SO I had a good think about it and made some changes. I swapped out the reload module and inserted the range module instead (23.4 km range now) and I respecced my captain (19 points) to include CE in the set. Then I also changed my approach and hung back from the cruisers and started sniping from 23 km. Seems to have done the trick, no more getting farmed to death by massed cruisers and BB's in the first 10 minutes. Managed to win 7 out of 13 battles today, with 3 in the top 3 (handy for the Odin directives). 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this