Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Neufert1

AA have to be NERF or Remove VIII T CV from X battle.

19 comments in this topic

[TR_MU]
325 posts
7,061 battles

I'm tried many times in training mode. 

With rockets, torpedos, and bombers. Already there is ne any chance for bombers and rocket fighters. Just only torpedo fighters havr 3 times with only HP supply.

Besides these flight against to Normal ships. Against to Premium ships  your luck is completely " 0"

Therefore X tier AA must be nerf or  Buff Fighters HP. May be the VIII tier CV have to be remove X tier matches.

[SMOKE]
3,224 posts
19,694 battles

Why do you not figure when your Tier VIII are put into game with just Tier 6 ad Tier 7 ships , especially tech tree ships who do not had those OP premium features, it goes both way ... if T0 game should not had T8 CV then likewise T8 CV should only go T8 game and not up-tiering surface ships ; its just how WG do the MM +/- 2 , any ship got up tiered are going to had tough time, CV no exception ... so get used to it ,

[DEVAS]
183 posts
7,213 battles

I went through all the grindings from T4 CV to T10 CV.

In fact, I managed to get to T10. It is not only me, there are thousand of other players had the same situation against higher tier AA and they managed to get their T10 dreamed CV.

In my opinion there is nothing needs to be changed in the system. AA should be as strong as their current state. It is the player that must learn how to use their brain. Find out how, where, when, and what ship that needs to put in priority.

Do you think it is a zero chance to perform success strikes on T10 Worcester with a T8 Lexington? Then you must learn more about the game mechanism. If you just flying straight approaching with your throttle pressed on, then you are just flying potatoes to be served as mashed fries in the crew mess.

I did successful strikes to T10 Worcesters with my T8 Lexington. I believe there also plenty players out there performs even better than me.

If everybody can do it, why can't you?

So I would suggests you to open YouTube, watch some excellent game plays, follow WoWs Twitch channel, watch their shows. You will spend your time constructively rather than writing complains in the forum.

Note:

I watched your video about how you perform strikes. Here is my comment:

First, You do not yet understand how is the AA flak mechanism. I saw you flying straight through the flak burst. It is a clear sign that you couldn't read the flak pattern. You don't know when those flaks will be fired and when they will explode.

On your first sortie, you just went through bursts by bursts causing great losses of your squadron even before closing the target.

On your second sortie, I saw you managed to dodge the first and second flak burst successfully. I thought you understand the pattern, but I really disappointed when saw you impatiently fly through the third massive blast (it was 5 + 1 burst) with your total squadron fly through it. So the first and second dodges are just coincidental.

So, my suggestion is: Go to Twitch, find a technical video about how to read and dodge flaks. Search the video with keyword: Plinko Flak dodging.

Second, rather than you post a judging comment and put the blame on flawed game mechanics, why don't you ask humbly about how to deal with AA ships? You just can write like this, "Hi guys! I currently learning to play CV. I got problems that I always failed to strike strong AA ships especially if the target is a higher tier. Here is my recording about how I perform the strike. Please tell me what I did wrong and how is the correct way to do it. [Then you post your video]."

I am sure there will be plenty plenty plenty of CV veterans would love to share their techniques for you.

For your information, AA power is not considered in a secret dark cave by developers. They first tell the community about the plan, put it on test by ship testers, and then put it on public test. After all are considered acceptable, then it will be implemented to the live server. So what that means? Tests after tests after tests! Not only by developers, but by hundreds or even thousands of real players!

Edited by Robby_Hermanto
  • Cool 5

[HKACC]
392 posts
4,597 battles

My smokeless Kagero (torp DD mode), Skane, Vauquelin wet herself when MM against T8 CV. 2~4 Rocket assault + spotted in the front lines, defo kaput. Deal with it, we all got our own problems in each situation. Also if your teammate CA spam enough HE, their AA will be weaken (unless use certain buff). CV's bomber might be useless at dealing damage in the first 10 minutes, but with many destroyed AA & some ships formation start disarray, you can easily pick one by one. At least this is from my point of view in T8~10 battle & as a non-CV players.

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,574 posts
12,682 battles

I see you're in Saipan - this is my favourite CV in the game, and I currently have 385 battles in her at 70%.  She is in my opinion the strongest T8 CV, but her planes get heavily punished for poor play, so if you're an inexperienced CV captain, you will struggle with her.

Of course T10 AA is strong when you're flying a T8 CV - you would expect in any ship that it will be a challenge to combat ships two tiers above you.  You can attack T10 ships in your T8's though, but it requires smart play.  The training room video you posted showed you just cruising in with no boost, flying straight through flak clouds and getting blapped - the inevitable conclusion.  DB's in particular are vulnerable to AA, since they have to spend much longer in it, and spend most of their time in the strongest AA zone as they are in the pull up and dive.  TB's on the other hand don't spend much time in strong AA, and have a heal to get you through.  I'll often attack multiple strong AA ships in Saipan with only two TB's - the heal will enable me to get the attack off successfully and not lose a plane till after the drop.

Meanwhile the RF's can get in quickly but have less health - okay for moderate AA, but multiple strong AA ships will mean you're unlikely to be successful.  Luckily the TB's on Saipan are the strongest of any CV in the game - I usually fly the TB's 70-80% of the squadron launches I do, with the remainder being RF's.  I'll only do a DB launch every 2-3 battles, since they are the weakest squadron on Saipan, and that will either be if I've lost too many of the other squadrons, as an alternate attack for DD's, or if I want to start a fire to draw out a DCP ready for a torp attack.

Boosting through AA is very important - remember the longer you spend in AA the more planes you will lose.  Always make sure you have sufficient boost remaining when you start the attack so that you can fly the whole attack under boost.

You also have to learn to dodge flak.  You shouldn't be getting hit much on the way in.  A simple rule in heavy flak is to tack on your way in once you see the flak being fired from the ship.  The flak will burst in front of where you were going, but now you'll be missing it entirely.  A couple of tacks under boost and you'll be inside the 3.5km flak zone and don't have to worry about it anymore.

You need to be constantly assessing the map and picking your targets wisely.  If you attack a group of strong AA ships you deserve what's coming to you.  You can normally pick lone ships, or fly torp runs on ships on the edges of larger groups.  Always keep your eye on the minimap and on enemy DD smoke usage as well, and if a DD puts themselves in a vulnerable position with limited support and their smoke on cooldown, take out your RF's and go make their life miserable.

Overall, if you aren't succeeding in Saipan in T10 battles, that's on you, not the game or the ship.  You can improve with the mind set of wanting to learn and do better, and blaming yourself for any mistakes.

• Cool 2

[LBAS]
5,496 posts
12,988 battles

Back then I have tried hit AA ship with Kaga by tier 7 planes 

I played Zeppelin only co-op and can hit tier 10 ships with full AA flaks

Edited by THAI_THIEF

[LBAS]
2,355 posts
4,192 battles
9 hours ago, Neufert1 said:

I'm tried many times in training mode. 

With rockets, torpedos, and bombers. Already there is ne any chance for bombers and rocket fighters. Just only torpedo fighters havr 3 times with only HP supply.

Besides these flight against to Normal ships. Against to Premium ships  your luck is completely " 0"

Therefore X tier AA must be nerf or  Buff Fighters HP. May be the VIII tier CV have to be remove X tier matches.

that is Saipan, one of the hardest CV to play... Shokaku is the next....

Saipan indeed have T10 plane, just very few... its counterpart is indomietable, better T11 plane but no torpedo bomber....

againts T10, you have option :

1. as Graf Zeppelin player, Graf Zeppelin have weak plane but i manage to nuke T10 BB or CA without hassle....

2. Next is Kaga, just Spam Torpedo..... sometimes use HE or rocket bomber

3. Indomie..... T11 plane no brainer carpet bombing even bypass T10 AA due to its HP and speed....

4. Implacable.... faster than lexington and have higher HP

this CV is stronger againts LOWER tier ship 

1. Enterprise/Kaga

2. Shokaku/Lexington

Graf Zeppelin and Indomietable IS NOT GOOD AGAINTS LOWER TIER, AP bomb went overpen and Indomietable lack BURST damage

i am consistenly hit T8-T10 CA with AP bomb.... but T7 and lower just went overpen......

Saipan and Implacable just all rounder....

2 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

I see you're in Saipan - this is my favourite CV in the game, and I currently have 385 battles in her at 70%.  She is in my opinion the strongest T8 CV,

what the heck are you talking about? ENTERPRISE HAVE AP BOMB, high reserve squadron.... even WG didnt sell it anymore....

• Cool 1

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,574 posts
12,682 battles
5 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

what the heck are you talking about? ENTERPRISE HAVE AP BOMB, high reserve squadron.... even WG didnt sell it anymore....

Overall Saipan is very similar in win rate to Enterprise, but does more damage than Enterprise when you look at the best players, while doing much less damage when you look at the worst players.  This is why Saipan has a reputation for being not that great, because that's the experience poor to average players have in the ship.

She's much more difficult to play than Enterprise, which is comparatively simple.  This is why Enterprise has been removed while Saipan hasn't.  In the hands of the best CV players though, Saipan is a better ship.  In particular, it has the highest consistent torp alpha in the game, including T10 ships.  You can hit four torps very often, and they hit for 15-20k per wave.  Nothing else really compares, except for Haku and Enterprise DB's, and because you lose far less planes on a TB attack rather than a DB attack, you can fly torp attacks much more often than DB attacks.

[REPOI]
Alpha Tester
74 posts
9,940 battles

^ That, and on the 2nd flight, you are
wasting too much time doing unnecessary maneuvers when there isnt a need to
not using your boosts
taking only 3 planes to  drop a ALN and GK stack AA while most of not all of their AA mounts are undamaged.

Key is to fast in fast out, spend as little time in AA while avoiding flaks.

What you are showcasing here are result of bad plays, its same as showing your T8 cruisers getting deleted by a TX BB while straight lining broadside and going on the forum to demand TX BB AP to be nerfed.
Hurts to see players struggling to grasp a class wargaming reworked to cater to the average player that they assumed to not be competent enough to control 2 things at the same time.

• Cool 1

[REPOI]
363 posts
14,837 battles

image.thumb.png.0bed8bd7558c733a434f1df7226e5915.png
I am sorry but according to this player, it is not his skill level with the Saipan, it is the matchmaking, AA is too good and needs to be nerfed.
With the amount of irrelevant threads he/it has made, X bug, blaming matchmaking, it is clear that this player is not capable of learning the basics of stuff on how it works and to improve on it as "I don't have any problem with Saipan".

>No throttle control, going left and right might help a little but not at all,
>You are recording a test scenario where you picked ships with one of the highest AA rating which makes it irrelevant to your random game. Not to mention even if this were in a random game, I doubt you have the ability to target select your enemies properly and would blindly just try to attack a ship without feathering with your speed throttle.

"What you are showcasing here are result of bad plays, its same as showing your T8 cruisers getting deleted by a TX BB while straight lining broadside and going on the forum to demand TX BB AP to be nerfed.
 Hurts to see players struggling to grasp a class wargaming reworked to cater to the average player that they assumed to not be competent enough to control 2 things at the same time."
^^^What is said here is true, you are showcasing the bottom 25% or less of players playing a CV,  not to mention this is in test game scenario where those bots do not know how to priority sector.
In conclusion, GitGud, no idea how many times this has to be said to you already to be honest. You seem like a player who doesn't want to reflect on your own gameplay and would throw the blame on something else instead.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,813 posts
29,443 battles

please stop emberassing yourself, i know you're Chinese so i don't know if you can use youtube but there's plenty of CV guides on bilibili that you can watch. what you have demonstrated there is how NOT to play CVs, it's not the ship or the planes that has a problem, it's you

• Funny 1

[REPOI]
Alpha Tester
74 posts
9,940 battles
5 minutes ago, CV_NMSL said:

please stop emberassing yourself, i know you're Chinese so i don't know if you can use youtube but there's plenty of CV guides on bilibili that you can watch. what you have demonstrated there is how NOT to play CVs, it's not the ship or the planes that has a problem, it's you

>OP uploaded a video to youtube to support his message
"I don't know if you can use youtube" 
🤔

Edited by _buki
  • Funny 1

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,813 posts
29,443 battles
1 minute ago, _buki said:

>OP uploaded a video to youtube to support his message
"I don't know if you can use youtube" 
🤔

i just woke up ok, still braindead :miyanobird:

Edited by CV_NMSL

[CLAY]
3,596 posts
15,358 battles

WG could create a dynamic tier v tier system, where lower tiers receive some minor buffs when in matches against higher tiers. Like a small% damage increase. Or larger health pool.

6,066 posts
10,345 battles

A player who has than 3k battles playing top tiers without knowing enough about game mechanics then complains about the game being unfair.

Surely the quality of the other players is kinda questionable/dubious at best but you have your own issues to overcome, captain.

Anyway, WG thank you for your money and I for the entertainment.

3x

Edited by Paladinum
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[DEVAS]
183 posts
7,213 battles
47 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

WG could create a dynamic tier v tier system, where lower tiers receive some minor buffs when in matches against higher tiers. Like a small% damage increase. Or larger health pool.

It think it is better WG tweak the matchmaking system to a certain degree: that players of certain number of battle experiences will match against other players of their average flight hours.

Sometime it is frustrating to have low experienced team mate in a team. I can recall there was a moment in my battles where 3 enemy DDs chasing me up shooting like crazy (I was in the Lyon, regrinding my BB tree). I was sailing away from them with my stern facing their bow. It is hilarious when one of them tried to torp me from behind, 8 km away, and the ship that torped me was an Okhotnik (Which I think he only has 4 km torp range).

I can imagine how frustrating to have 3 newbie DDs in the team, while on the other hand my team's DD walking in the park having picnic sitting in the cap. I believe it was also frustrating for them seeing a Tier 7 Battleship on their Tier 5 gameplay.

Edited by Robby_Hermanto

[TLS]
5,408 posts
22,192 battles
1 hour ago, Grygus_Triss said:

27 minutes ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

It think it is better WG tweak the matchmaking system to a certain degree: that players of certain number of battle experiences will match against other players of their average flight hours.

Also known as _skill based MM_ ie. this will never happen.

[REPOI]
363 posts
14,837 battles

We know that is unlikely and will never happen when it comes to skill based MM.

Said player just needs to get a grasp of the most basic of stuff which I doubt it will be capable of doing. Just GitGud, 

Sign in to follow this