Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Teatime_1

Boring Meta

14 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
20 posts
1,614 battles

So, I've been playing a while. I'm so sick of/bored of the meta. 5-6 battleships per game per side just lobbing shells at each other at 20km for 20mins. Any CA/CL that comes within that range can get insta-deleted or eat 30k salvos every 20seconds until they're killed or retreat.  DDs are all played by braindead nerds who suicide within 2minutes, so they're a moot point.

Just make a game mode of BBs only so these annoying kids who all main Kremlin can continue their dumb meta, while others can actually have some fun. Why have different classes in the current state of the game?]

They have insane HP, insane armor, insane dmg per salvo, insane AA. Some of them even do 30+ knots and have smaller turning circles than CAs!

Every time WG implements something that slightly disurpts or counters BBs (subs or CVs as example) 1000s of salty BB players speak up and complain; forcing WG's hand to pander to their little tiny egos.

• Cool 2

[REPOI]
[REPOI]
6,813 posts
29,480 battles
18 minutes ago, Teatime_1 said:

So, I've been playing a while. I'm so sick of/bored of the meta. 5-6 battleships per game per side just lobbing shells at each other at 20km for 20mins. Any CA/CL that comes within that range can get insta-deleted or eat 30k salvos every 20seconds until they're killed or retreat.  DDs are all played by braindead nerds who suicide within 2minutes, so they're a moot point.

Just make a game mode of BBs only so these annoying kids who all main Kremlin can continue their dumb meta, while others can actually have some fun. Why have different classes in the current state of the game?]

They have insane HP, insane armor, insane dmg per salvo, insane AA. Some of them even do 30+ knots and have smaller turning circles than CAs!

Every time WG implements something that slightly disurpts or counters BBs (subs or CVs as example) 1000s of salty BB players speak up and complain; forcing WG's hand to pander to their little tiny egos.

lower tiers? maybe, but not so starting from T8

and especially not in T10, not in this HE spam meta

• Cool 2

[BLESS]
1,604 posts
14,049 battles

Pro Tip: If your cruiser gets dev struck by an enemy BBs, you screwed up.

[-ISO-]
1,102 posts
7,112 battles
3 hours ago, Teatime_1 said:

Any CA/CL that comes within that range can get insta-deleted or eat 30k salvos every 20seconds until they're killed or retreat.

You mean those CA/CL who mindlessly charging to the center without paying attention to their position? 

3 hours ago, Teatime_1 said:

I'm so sick of/bored of the meta. 5-6 battleships per game per side just lobbing shells at each other at 20km for 20mins. Just make a game mode of BBs only so these annoying kids who all main Kremlin can continue their dumb meta.

Complaining about sniping Kremlin?

[SMOKE]
3,249 posts
19,734 battles

Might be mid tier, but not the case am seeing on high tier , yeah there is a lot of camping, but more like a lot of sniping too and not much of close support , and that goes for the mid tier too , so do not blame the BB or the Cruiser or the DD  , the game require team and formation to work it but that is exactly what the game lacks and the reason is simple, to group to formation means sacrificing yourself for the team and nobody do it cause the game penalize those who formation and play group and play team and reward the selfish farming, sniping, hunting ..................................PERIOD

[HKACC]
392 posts
4,597 battles

I've got some T8~T10 matches where it's composed of 5 BB, 6 CA & 1 DD. Instantly I know it's gonna be a boring match.
WG should prolong the MM progression, where BB maxed at 4 ships and 3 DD is a minimum on the Match Making.

• Cool 1

[FORCE]
Modder, Member
3,381 posts
15,052 battles

> Complains about the boring meta because of the snipers.
> Acknowledges what happens when a ship tries to gets closer.
Pick one demmet!

And this comes from a Beta Tester....

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,577 posts
12,722 battles
14 hours ago, Teatime_1 said:

Any CA/CL that comes within that range can get insta-deleted or eat 30k salvos every 20seconds until they're killed or retreat.

Ah, no.  If a cruiser eats a big salvo like that it's on them - they likely lost awareness of the enemy BB's positions, didn't maneuvre enough or did so too predictably, or failed to notice an incoming BB salvo.

As for your post, I agree to a point, in that 5 BB's per game do make for a boring meta.  I personally think a balanced meta gives the best games, so in each battle 1-2 CV's, 3-4 BB's, 3-4 cruisers, 3-4 DD's.  That is how the game functions best, and it enables the proper interplay between classes.  In particular battles with little to no DD's are particularly painful, since spotting is very intermittent, and games tend to be more static.

I also agree that BB's are very easy to play compared to the other classes - that is their function in game, to provide a simple class to learn the game in.  That combined with historically BB's being very famous, means they are extremely popular.  They would require some pretty significant class wide nerfs to make them less popular, and although I think the game would be better balanced if they were more vulnerable, that is unlikely to happen.  Because of this, we just have to deal with the meta as it is.

Right now of course, a new 12km range radar cruiser line has just been released, and another 12km radar cruiser has been made a new premium.  This has obviously made these ships very popular, and that has had the obvious result of there being low DD numbers at the moment.  This is something we will have to deal with for the next couple of months, but it will improve again, and higher DD numbers will improve the meta significantly.

[IWN]
Modder
392 posts
3,207 battles
11 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Ah, no.  If a cruiser eats a big salvo like that it's on them - they likely lost awareness of the enemy BB's positions, didn't maneuvre enough or did so too predictably, or failed to notice an incoming BB salvo.

As for your post, I agree to a point, in that 5 BB's per game do make for a boring meta.  I personally think a balanced meta gives the best games, so in each battle 1-2 CV's, 3-4 BB's, 3-4 cruisers, 3-4 DD's.  That is how the game functions best, and it enables the proper interplay between classes.  In particular battles with little to no DD's are particularly painful, since spotting is very intermittent, and games tend to be more static.

I also agree that BB's are very easy to play compared to the other classes - that is their function in game, to provide a simple class to learn the game in.  That combined with historically BB's being very famous, means they are extremely popular.  They would require some pretty significant class wide nerfs to make them less popular, and although I think the game would be better balanced if they were more vulnerable, that is unlikely to happen.  Because of this, we just have to deal with the meta as it is.

Right now of course, a new 12km range radar cruiser line has just been released, and another 12km radar cruiser has been made a new premium.  This has obviously made these ships very popular, and that has had the obvious result of there being low DD numbers at the moment.  This is something we will have to deal with for the next couple of months, but it will improve again, and higher DD numbers will improve the meta significantly.

Make dd great again ?

[AUSNZ]
Beta Tester
1,577 posts
12,722 battles
2 minutes ago, TakemoriKohoto said:

Make dd great again ?

DD's are still a strong class, but as ever they require more awareness than other classes, and poor play is punished more rapidly than other classes.

I think they'll actually be helped significantly by the introduction of subs when that happens, since subs will relieve DD's of some of their jobs and free them up to do other things.

Overall though, many radars in battles inevitable lead to a reduction in DD numbers, it's inevitable.  Things will pick up again.  Inter-class balance could be improved a bit though, there really should be even percentages of DD's and BB's in battles for the best meta the game can provide, and we never really get to that point - it would be nice if we could.  Improving torpedo hit rates specifically against BB's would probably be the area of balance I would be looking to adjust so as to increase DD numbers while decreasing BB numbers.

[SMOKE]
3,249 posts
19,734 battles

Its not just radar its combination of many factors that lead to this lack of DD ( and CL ) and the whole too many BB meta 

And its not just that ; picture this you are the only DD on the team and then thete is what 3 or. 4 Radar each team and sometime add a CV ; you got all those OP Premium BB that can actually outrun you and with secondaries that matches your main gun range and more 

The same apply to Cruiser facing overmatching big guns and all is left is big guns vs big guns cause no big guns these days ever close formation and support ; they all just want others to fight the front and will only push when absolute superority established 

There is reasons in real life why a fleet usually had most DD then CL CA and BB only comprise few .. 

5 BB a side is bad but its more a norm today often time am seeing 6 or 7 and once I even got to had myself in a game of 9 BB a side ( and 2 Cruiser 1 DD ) its so hilarious and ridicolous 

DD numbers simply will stay low so long WG always up the BB Super Cruisers and now Radar SAP CV long range secondaries ... The class if ever not given its due offensive means ( better range better torp ) and defensive means ( you tell me there is actually stealth & speed there ) 

In short the players had themselves to blame too when keep demanding yet bigger guns more big guns more this and that always - well got it and then power crept other class and made them not able to do their part so.....

• Cool 1

[HKACC]
392 posts
4,597 battles

WG : Read & Listen silently
Solution : Next update ... release combat mission ... Accumulate 5000 torpedo hits with DD. Award, 1 anime waifu commander with 11 SP.

Edited by MissMeMiss
  • Funny 3

Beta Tester
20 posts
1,614 battles

I agree with the Radar for sure, it completely and utterly counters DD. Thought I'd like to get into DDs eventually, played a few, pop smoke, hide, next minute 12km radar pops and suddenly you have 7 ships shooting at you.

If it isn't radar, then it's a pesky CV trying to rocket bomb you half the game.

At this rate I think I'll just do what everyone else does and sit in a BB and snipe for hours on end. Seems to be the only way to get some wins?

Just for context, my frustration of insta-deletion comes from the Royal Navy heavy cruiser line (Abermarle is the worst for this, but goliath and drake too). There's like a special hidden button that when pressed by a BB's AP shell means instant death regardless of angling or distance. Most other CA players prolly don't get insta-deleted as bad as the British

[ARRR]
934 posts
13,641 battles

Man i would love some of those BB drivers who delete enemy CA/CL when they get spotted. 

My experience is that most just want to farm BB damage rather than change targets. I am grinding the Yamato line and as soon as I see a cruiser they are priority target number 1 until they bugger off.

Been playing the Ostergotland of late and the radar is not so much of an issue due to the long range. I run the engine upgrade so turning directly away/towards and juking the throttle works pretty well. 

Mostly 2 DD in a game but did have a few with 4. Have not seen too many Shima's about, but i have mostly been playing 9s.

And who says Swedish torps are weak? Fired a clutch salvo at an enemy Musashi, who was manouvering pretty well. One hit him right on the stern (it looked like) and he was detonated for 43k damage.......   :Smile_ohmy:

Sign in to follow this